Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

atuxing

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Image quality is much better in pro cam

Sent from my 720.

yes pro cam is working flawlessly on our 720. The photo quality of stock camera app is crap compared to pro cam. Its almost criminal from nokias part to deny procam to 720 users.

We should petition nokia to make procam natively work on 720 without the hack.

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Gaurav, thanks for posting step by step procedure. I have one doubt, if I proceed via Nokia Software Upadater, will I be able to restore my apps using backup option in WP8 which we have in settings ( Like we do when we hard reset our phone ) ?? Or all the backup data will also be erased ?? Pls reply
Only thing thats keeping me from following this path is app backup. Pls help me out

meet0007

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gaurav, thanks for posting step by step procedure. I have one doubt, if I proceed via Nokia Software Upadater, will I be able to restore my apps using backup option in WP8 which we have in settings ( Like we do when we hard reset our phone ) ?? Or all the backup data will also be erased ?? Pls reply
Only thing thats keeping me from following this path is app backup. Pls help me out

if you take back up than you not lose it.
But you have to download all app that you take back up.
App data is deleted.
So also take back up of app data if possible.

Sent from my 720.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

Its the same as a hard reset. Messages and contacts are backed up. But any app that you had will need to be re-downloaded. You'll also lose all the app data.

But the update is worth it.

Raphael Lins

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey dudes, did you notice that Amber is draining more battery? Or this is an issue only from my mobile?
After i've updated, when i turn on 3g, get much much hot, and consequently, drains battery. What i have to do to change thiss?

Red_John

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
ok, I updated to AMBER using NSU after trying NCS for long time. NCS wouldn't recognize my Lumia 720 (Check phone mode error).
I tried searching for FM Radio application in Nokia Music, but couldn't find. Can someone please help me? Lack of sleep is taking its toll on me :(

Abhishek Belkar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Im also facing heating issue while browsing on 3G. But im not updated my l720 to amber yet.
i went to nokia care , they told me to its normal on 3G. Lets see anyone also getting heating issue on 3G or not?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
ok, I updated to AMBER using NSU after trying NCS for long time. NCS wouldn't recognize my Lumia 720 (Check phone mode error).
I tried searching for FM Radio application in Nokia Music, but couldn't find. Can someone please help me? Lack of sleep is taking its toll on me :(

You should be able to see radio under music+videos. Its the last option.

Raphael Lins

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Im also facing heating issue while browsing on 3G. But im not updated my l720 to amber yet.
i went to nokia care , they told me to its normal on 3G. Lets see anyone also getting heating issue on 3G or not?

Before this, my mobile doesnt heat up. Strange... Someone can tell me if battery of Amber is ok?

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have exchange email address setup in my phone so I have a pin to unlock the phone as per policy, can i keep it like that and flash or i have to remove the account first ?

Thanks

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey dudes, did you notice that Amber is draining more battery? Or this is an issue only from my mobile?
After i've updated, when i turn on 3g, get much much hot, and consequently, drains battery. What i have to do to change thiss?

Battery life is definitely improved in Amber.

Do this: Go to Settings-->applications-->background tasks. Here enable those apps only that you want to run in background.

And if you use email, I'd suggest you to change your sync settings from "as item arrive" to "every 15 or 30 mins". It'll do wonders to your battery life.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys! please tell us how the camera works after the amber update, I would not like my camera ruined because of an update.

Nokia has improved image processing algorithms in Amber to offer better noise reduction, color reproduction, exposure and autofocus. It's just a matter of taste. Opinions differ from person to person.

Though you'll find difference in image quality when taking pictures from Nokia Pro Cam app as compared to default one due to different algorithms. Many users have reported Yellow hue in pictures taken from Nokia Pro Cam but that's a universal issue, so don't worry about it. There are plenty of awesome camera apps out there for us Lumia users like Camera360, Oneshot and Proshot. Its just a matter of algorithms.

So don't stress it too much buddy. It's not like end of the world. You'll eventually have to update to Amber anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss