Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia has improved image processing algorithms in Amber to offer better noise reduction, color reproduction, exposure and autofocus. It's just a matter of taste. Opinions differ from person to person.

Though you'll find difference in image quality when taking pictures from Nokia Pro Cam app as compared to default one due to different algorithms. Many users have reported Yellow hue in pictures taken from Nokia Pro Cam but that's a universal issue, so don't worry about it. There are plenty of awesome camera apps out there for us Lumia users like Camera360, Oneshot and Proshot. Its just a matter of algorithms.

So don't stress it too much buddy. It's not like end of the world. You'll eventually have to update to Amber anyway.
thanks buddy, I have taken some seriously great photos with my 720, therefore I love the phone alot. Thus worried.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
how much we need to wait for OTA update in india??? days ?? weeks?? and will double tap feature come to 720 anyhow?
I dont see the double tap coming soon. I dont understand why they didnt include this model when I see the phone has the required hardware. Maybe the last week of September. I am waiting for OTA too.

Raphael Lins

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is definitely improved in Amber.

Do this: Go to Settings-->applications-->background tasks. Here enable those apps only that you want to run in background.

And if you use email, I'd suggest you to change your sync settings from "as item arrive" to "every 15 or 30 mins". It'll do wonders to your battery life.

I've made this since from start. When i was in GDR1, my telephone doesnt heat up when i turn on 3g. And now with Amber, it does.
I don't know what i do to anymore ;(

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I've made this since from start. When i was in GDR1, my telephone doesnt heat up when i turn on 3g. And now with Amber, it does.
I don't know what i do to anymore ;(

Keep your network selection to manual. See if that resolves the issue.

If that doesn't work then try doing a soft reset first and the last option is hard reset.

riteshbendre

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I flashed AMBER via NSU on my Lumia 720 RED.... but the camera is completely FU*KED up... too much of pixelation and noise... SMART CAM is PATHETIC. ... also ..I dont see any Call + SMS Filter in the settings

How do I rollback to the earlier version ???

Disappointed :(

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I flashed AMBER via NSU on my Lumia 720 RED.... but the camera is completely FU*KED up... too much of pixelation and noise... SMART CAM is PATHETIC. ... also ..I dont see any Call + SMS Filter in the settings

just update your sys apps via sysapp pusher (free with ads) available in wpstore. Then you'll see new options.

nocial

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

You need to install Lumia pusher app and manually update all system apps to get all the features of GDR2. Regarding the camera quality I'm not too sure.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Do not use Smart Cam. Due to 512MB RAM limitation, its takes pics in 1MP. Better use default camera app or Nokia Pro Cam.

Update your Nokia apps from here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-720/236319-31.htm#post2124218

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Do not use Smart Cam. Due to 512MB RAM limitation, its takes pics in 1MP. Better use default camera app or Nokia Pro Cam.

+1. Smart cam for Lumia 720 shoots picx at 1mp/7frames.

Please know the update better before blaming anything. I'm totally happy with Amber+GDR2. My phone works faster, battery lasts longer and Pro Cam is superb.

Only disappointment would be no double tap to wake. Was really looking forward for that. But who knows it might come. For all we know is the setting is suppressed in the touch setting under settings.
One can see a hint of that when opening the touch app.

Raphael Lins

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
+1. Smart cam for Lumia 720 shoots picx at 1mp/7frames.

Please know the update better before blaming anything. I'm totally happy with Amber+GDR2. My phone works faster, battery lasts longer and Pro Cam is superb.

Only disappointment would be no double tap to wake. Was really looking forward for that. But who knows it might come. For all we know is the setting is suppressed in the touch setting under settings.
One can see a hint of that when opening the touch app.

How many time u r away from charger?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
How many time u r away from charger?

I charge every night for 2 hrs between 10pm-12am. I don't charge my phone over the weekends. And I play a lot of games and WiFi is always on. But I have only necessary background running.

Battery discharge according to Battery Pro+
Before Amber ~5%/Hr
After Amber ~3%/Hr
Glance is on and is set as peek.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused right now. Amber update was supposed to ramp up the ISO from 800 to 3200. But its still 800 here in default camera app and in Nokia Pro Cam too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786