Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The battery drains the least on wifi. thats the awesome part.
It also depends on how internet is accessed from the device. 2g consumes less power than 3g. And somehow i don't know why, but WiFi is supposed to consume more power than 3g as a general rule.
But in Windows phone 8 devices it doesn't. I can browse consuming less power using Wifi

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Your plan must be costing you an arm and a leg. It'd definitely make a hole in my pocket. In my city highspeed plans come with FUP and I can't stand internet plans with FUP. That's why I settled with a 2mbps plan.

Its worth a price i'm paying for. Anyways FUP is at 250GB and its reduces down to 10mbps. I share the connection with my friends, so in the end we end up paying a nominal amount for the connection :)

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, can you pls elaborate because I have tried doing:- 1) hardreset; 2) Soft Reset; 3) Format the card on PC then format card viaphone; Nothing seems working and I still get - a) 2-3 sec freeze when i gofrom albums/artist list to songs list; b) freezes for about 2-3 secs whilefocusing for first photo via camera.
On the contrary are you sure you dont even get1-2 sec freeze while going in songs view from Albums/Artist etc or 1-2 secfreeze while clicking first photo. Or should i get the card mentioned by you(Sandisk class 10 32 gb, can you pls tell me its price) ??

I use a SanDisk class 10 32Gb mem card. I don't see any lags as such while accessing picx or music. The card you mentioned you have is also a fast card and shouldn't have any lags. Try a soft reset. It might fix the issue.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can you pls elaborate because I have tried doing:- 1) hardreset; 2) Soft Reset; 3) Format the card on PC then format card viaphone; Nothing seems working and I still get - a) 2-3 sec freeze when i gofrom albums/artist list to songs list; b) freezes for about 2-3 secs whilefocusing for first photo via camera.
On the contrary are you sure you dont even get1-2 sec freeze while going in songs view from Albums/Artist etc or 1-2 secfreeze while clicking first photo. Or should i get the card mentioned by you(Sandisk class 10 32 gb, can you pls tell me its price) ??

There is a slight gap. But its definitely not 1-2 sec. Its less than that. But I can live with it. Obviously some time is definitely needed to access external memory device. But 3-4 sec is too much in my opinion.

I got this memory card from ebay.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/171090800291...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5273wt_1163

yati 1

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've seen in many snapshots on this thread that AMBER consumes 1.31 GB, do I need to have 1.31 gb available before updating Amber Update Or will it reside over the storage already allocated for 'System' ? Did Amber update resolve 'Other' storage issue for anyone ?

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It also depends on how internet is accessed from the device. 2g consumes less power than 3g. And somehow i don't know why, but WiFi is supposed to consume more power than 3g as a general rule.
But in Windows phone 8 devices it doesn't. I can browse consuming less power using Wifi
Wi-fi always consumes less power as compared to 2g/ 3g in any operating system. Read any battery saving tips it will say that.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I've seen in many snapshots on this thread that AMBER consumes 1.31 GB, do I need to have 1.31 gb available before updating Amber Update Or will it reside over the storage already allocated for 'System' ? Did Amber update resolve 'Other' storage issue for anyone ?

No you dont need 1.31gb free space. If you flash using NSU the new firmware is written over the older one. All data is lost in the process.

If you update once the update is available OTA, the download size will be much smaller.

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

After installing amber, am trying to install Nokia Pro Cam, but following the suggested method gives error message "8000efff " tried all the troubleshooting, disabling proxy before installing, with proxy, changing region to US..still the same error comes up. ANy ideas why.

Thanks

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

After installing amber, am trying to install Nokia Pro Cam, but following the suggested method gives error message "8000efff " tried all the troubleshooting, disabling proxy before installing, with proxy, changing region to US..still the same error comes up. ANy ideas why.

Thanks

Follow the steps in exact following order:

1. Change region to US, then restart.
2. Connect to internet with the proxy.
3. Navigate to Pro Cam app in the store.
4. Tap install (it'll say attention required)
5. Keep net connected and turn off the proxy.
6. Tap install again. It'll work.
7. Resume region back to your country and restart else you'll see ****load of apps in the store that won't work with your phone.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
After installing Amber Update i cant find Apps From Nokia in my store ...any idea how to get it back???

Thanks in Advance ;)

It happened to a friend who has the Cyan Lumia 720, that inside store he didn't have "Apps from Nokia" option. He did a hard reset and synced his microsoft account before trying again. After syncing it seemed to work.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

7. Resume region back to your country and restart else you'll see ****load of apps in the store that won't work with your phone.

Its guaranteed that following the above steps will work. However I'd like to point that I didn't change region to US. It worked for me for some reason.

I was also able to install Real Racing 2(available in that same list), which requires 1 GB Ram. Unfortunately, I was unable to run the game. :( Wish the game developers add support for 512 MB devices as well. 720 users are missing out on a lot of great games.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey im using WiFi for browsing from last 1 hour . My battery goes 100% to 85%. Is this normal that battery decreased 15 % per hour??

Since you've just updated to Amber, let the battery calibrate first for a few days. And the drainage factor depends on what kind of pages you've browsed in the last 1 hr.

kinkate18nic

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Now this is happening,

I changed the region and proxy..but in store no Nokia Pro cam nor any other Samsung and HTC apps, it had appeared for the first time..but not now..whats going on..Can anyone confirm is the same working for them now(presently), please check.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)