Lumia 720 AMBER update INDIA release date 12-Aug-2013

milanpatel2004

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have also updated to amber. All other fitures are working fine except glance. Even if I put it on peek mode it always shows up on the screen acting as always on. Is anyone else experiencing same ?

superriz

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok after waiting for long and trying all possible solutions off the internet. Took my phone to Nokia Care and had them flash the GDR2+Amber update on my phone. It took them a while as they had to charge my phone to a certain level before flashing.

Ok from my experience. Before updating make sure your phone is completely charged. Cause Windows Phone(Nokia) for some reason is way too crappy when it comes to installing updates with low battery backup or while or charge.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys, latest update on my battery performance after update....
I have last charged 18 hrs back and battery left now is 82%. Below are my settings:
Glance = On(Peek)
Data Sense = On
Mobile Data = On
Location = On
Background Apps = On
Mails = On
Usage = Some calls, Some app downloads and some app updates, Browsing and Tapatalk-ing, listened to FM Radio for some time, heard music for some time, few clicks and some games.

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have last charged 18 hrs back and battery left now is 82%. Below are my settings:
Glance = On(Peek)
Data Sense = On
Mobile Data = On
Location = On
Background Apps = On
Mails = On
Usage = Some calls, Some app downloads and some app updates, Browsing and Tapatalk-ing, listened to FM Radio for some time, heard music for some time, few clicks and some games.

No kidding.! you have got one freaking battery! 18 hrs and 18%, with all this usage!
man!!! I don't believe you..

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

1% discharge per hr. So that means it'll last 100 hrs according to your given stats which I can't really digest considering the list that you've mentioned.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Well...I can only say, better start believing as it has been the case for me. If u don't believe, then I can't do anything 😉

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Latest update on my battery... After 24 hrs, 70% left. Along with my settings and usage as stated earlier, add an hour of youtube. On public demand, screenshot is attached

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130926_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130926_0001.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 2

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys you all are sooooo stupid. Did not even bother to look at the battery icon at the top. Does it show the heart symbol? No... I have kept the setting for low battery. Not always. Such dumb people here. And who think I cheated, I don't care. I love my phone and am enjoying my improved battery. It was my fault that I thought to share this.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys you all are sooooo stupid. Did not even bother to look at the battery icon at the top. Does it show the heart symbol? No... I have kept the setting for low battery. Not always. Such dumb people here. And who think I cheated, I don't care. I love my phone and am enjoying my improved battery. It was my fault that I thought to share this.

Nobody is calling you with some fancy names like 'stupid' or dumb'.
And you need to read the post I made again - There's another word for it, cheating ;).

If you can see the red highlighted part it'll be great, if not read it again.

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Nobody is calling you with some fancy names like 'stupid' or dumb'.
And you need to read the post I made again - There's another word for it, cheating ;).

If you can see the red highlighted part it'll be great.

red highlighted part comes when you put on battery saver. Whether you select always on or only when battery is low. For your info, it is even written there that when battery saver will be working, there should be a heart symbol on battery icon. This is the only way to know if your battery saver is currently active or not. Keeping on is not same as active.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss