RM-821 eu_euro2_268
Product Code 059Q8M3 (Vodafone DE)
Current OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Current FW version: 1232.5957.1308.0007

Last edited:

FishirOne

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
A quick question before going through with this.
I am living in Saudi Arabia at the moment. Does it matter which one i download? the Indian or EU one?

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
When you try out the solution recommended by Veganovus, can you report back and let us ATT users know if it works? :) I want to update to Amber, but I want to make sure I can go back if something goes wrong.

Also, what is your reasoning for going back? Any problems with the EU rom?

In reality there is no advantage for at&t users. It seems that LTE is gone from the menu and you're left with just 2G, 3G, and 4G. I was hoping that by using the EU firmware I would be able to bypass at&t's restriction on tethering with the grandfathered unlimited data plan but no luck.

I am also not having any luck reverting back to at&t. I am trying now to actually brick my phone and follow the steps to unbrick it.

UPdate: I bricked my phone so now it just boots up with the Nokia logo and burgundy background. I still can't recover back to the AT&T firmware. I am trying to flash back the pre-portico firmware and if anyone know a link for portico please do post it here. I just want to try and see if it works but I doubt it will.

Last edited:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
In reality there is no advantage for at&t users. It seems that LTE is gone from the menu and you're left with just 2G, 3G, and 4G. I was hoping that by using the EU firmware I would be able to bypass at&t's restriction on tethering with the grandfathered unlimited data plan but no luck.

I am also not having any luck reverting back to at&t. I am trying now to actually brick my phone and follow the steps to unbrick it.

UPdate: I bricked my phone so now it just boots up with the Nokia logo and burgundy background. I still can't recover back to the AT&T firmware. I am trying to flash back the pre-portico firmware and if anyone know a link for portico please do post it here. I just want to try and see if it works but I doubt it will.

That doesn't sound good :/ But worst case you should flash the euro dev rom, if you check out the ATT thread, people are reporting that LTE is working on that rom.

Anyway, keep us posted if you get your phone fixed. Good luck!

madkoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Have a problem. Think i did everything the instruction said but i get this error .. and i dont know why .. Any Suggestions ??

ThanksCapture.PNG

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having slow speed issues when 3G, H, and H+ is indicated?
Since the flash, I'm only getting maybe 1mb down when before I was getting 4 or more at times.

EE UK

lastword112

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Im getting the error "error reading signed file". After i renamed all the product code on all the files and also inside the .vpl file

Please help.

Im flashing the Indian variant white Product Code 059R2B9 on my Indian Black 920. Product Code 059R2B8 so i had to rename all instances of the product code.

amulpokh

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Just successfully flashed to the eu_france_267 rom, but seems like i've lost access to LTE (on ATT). but seeing as the EU dev rom seems to work, anyone know what the process would be for going from this one to the EU dev rom?

EDIT: nevermind, seems like you can flash directly from this rom to that one :)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/236727-those-who-still-couldnt-download-amber-euro-dev-rom-059r4h6.html#post2074276

madkoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Do not press retry untill the recovery exl. mark icon disappers, just when you notice it its gone (like 40seconds) then press retry.

Tried that but still get the same error..
What i do is this:
I turn off my phone, plug it in, then hold down the volume down after the exl. mark dissappers i click retry. So then it waits a second and soon gives the same error.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Tried that but still get the same error..
What i do is this:
I turn off my phone, plug it in, then hold down the volume down after the exl. mark dissappers i click retry. So then it waits a second and soon gives the same error.

you only connect the phone when the tutorial says so, that photo showing that the pc has lost connectivity with your phone, your phone shouldn't be plugged to your pc in that part, only after that

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the ability to flash GDR2 and Amber, BUT since the flash I've been getting **** poor connection speeds across the board and am now half tempted to flash it back to the original EE FW, so at least then I can get more that 10MB/s down on 4G (had 40+ before flash)

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Do not press retry untill the recovery exl. mark icon disappers, just when you notice it its gone (like 40seconds) then press retry.

THANKS!! IT WORKED!
By the way, if you have issues with login with your microsoft account, check if you have activated two-step auth. If you do, login from your pc, go to account information and generate a new app password. With that, you should be able to login and restore your backups.

Data sense present!! yay!!

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Something else at work there then. I've done this and although it displayed "4g" instead of "lte" my speed are in the 40-53 mbps range most of the time. Remember, the reason it doesn't show "LTE" when using the French ROM is because there is no "LTE" there, it's just considered "4g". So when you use the ROM here in the States and it shows "4g" it's *stilll* using the LTE network, it's the same thing.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the Rogers Pre-portico ROM on my guide here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-why-i-flashed-my-t-lumia-920-gdr2-amber.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb