Getting my Verizon 8X tomorrow!

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have finally made the switch from Sprint to Verizon, Yay! Me and the Hubby decided to both go with the 8X. I've never even held a Windows phone and I'm kinda nervous. I'm used to iOS and Android too, but Im hoping I will catch onto the new Windows OS without any problems. Ive been reading up and watching vids on it so that I will have an idea of what and how to do things. Im off to read more threads and learn even more! Glad to be part of the Forum! ;-)

Jenni

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
8X is nice phone. I have one. How come you chose it over the 928? (I also have a 928). And welcome to Windows Phone.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Well, I chose the 8X because it was free. Thats the main reason. The 928 was not offered as a free phone with new acct.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I own a T-Mobile version and its been great. The camera is way better than ppl say. Especially with Proshot. Music sounds amazing and even more with good headphones.

Just be careful how you insert the USB and what cases you buy, because the cases and inadvertently hitting the body while inserting the USB will cause the soft coat to chip over time.

You and your "hubby" enjoy the phones, I know you'll like it.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My gf has the 928, I have the 8X. It's a great phone other than some very minor problems, and I think it looks and feels so much nicer than the 928. Good luck adapting to the new OS! It's definitely worth it once you get it all figured out!

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Me and the Hubby both got black. I am buying a white cover for mine though. Im not big on getting different colors. Not saying I never would, but I prefer black or white.

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
One of the things I love about WP 8 are the variety of colours which is now being copied by other manufacturers. I do love a good glossy white though!

ksmithservices

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I would have gone with the Lumia 928. Not that the 8X is bad, but I have the 8X and upgraded to the 925 on TMO. And its amazing. Verizons version is the Nokia Luima 928 and your experience would be exceedingly amazing. My Lumia is 10x better than the 8X. The screen pops and colors are amazing. The 8X has a nice sleek body and it feels nice though. If you get the 8X your going to be happy either way. HTC could use the extra sales. I want HTC to try harder. I had the HD7 and loved it also. My 8X is 6 months old and is still brand new. Works better than the first day if anything. But the Lumia simply blows it away with features. Just some advice :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!! It is a great community and a lot of fun.

The 8X should treat you right, I hope. WP is a fun, easy to adapt to, easy to customize OS. Nothing wrong with Android, but the performance of WP is seamless, something you may see immediatly if you are coming from a low end Android or over time if you are coming from a higher end Android. It just remains seamless, no matter what you put it through!!

Please let us know what you think of WP and the 8X. Please feel free to chime in with questions, discoveries, preferences or gripes. We love an excuse to talk WP.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett