Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I got:

Nokia Update

My phone finished downloading the update at 3pm, it "prepared for install" until about 3:20. Prompted me for the install, span the gears for a bit and loaded a screen with "almost done" (said things like migrating data, etc.) and then was finished by 3:45. Restarted, and up and running just fine at 3:47.

So 47 minutes + download time for me. Everything is perfect and DataSense was already pinned to my Metro screen. It was actually a bit faster, because I wasn't watching the phone the whole time so I may have been late to the prompts. FM Radio is under "Music + Videos" (use headphones).

Angry Birds Roost, App Highlights, PhotoBeamer were installed on my phone too. Random.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Data Sense is... weird. I'm able to see my usage, but combined with my mother's as we're on a shared plan. Also, I can't set my data limit to anything but unlimited or no limit, which sucks because my actual data amount per month is 500MB. When I try setting it to monthly, I see the check icon to save it greyed out. Maybe this is happening because I'm not a Rogers customer but a T-Mobile US customer(??). Oh well.

Parteek Agnihotri

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have a question, I flashed my phone with euro france rom instead of waiting for amber update for my Lumia 920 with rogers, since the update is now available, i want to revert back to rogers rom

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, then that would explain it since Data Sense is also carrier dependent.

** edit: it does work, glad you got it going

Last edited:

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I just finished updating my phone less than an hour ago, and everything is good, except that they changed the default message and email sounds. The new ones are far too quiet (even at 30/30 volume) and I miss my retro Nokia sounds!! :'(

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone notice that their Wi-Fi is staying active even when the screen is dark since updating? Every time I've activated my screen, I keep seeing Wi-Fi as still on, even though I don't have the option for keeping it active all the time checked under settings. Could be why my battery seems to be draining a bit faster than before the update. :straight:

Like waqqas31, I'm also not fond of the new default message tone. I changed it to "Windows reminder," which is easier for me to hear.

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact opposite. I've always set my WiFi to stay on when the screen times out but after the update that option was not active so I re-selected it and all is good.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
ok guys so the consensus is that it's all good and smooth? I don't want to spend another month yelling at Rogers and Nokia like with 1308

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is actually better for me after flashing to GDR2, signal strength is strong as well, though I am not on the Rogers ROM but the Euro Dev ROM on a Rogers 920

I'm noticing that where it would normally say I have a day and so of battery remaining at this point, it's saying I have around 10 hours remaining. Ahh, well, maybe it'll improve over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster