Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Anxiously waiting for this update. I just hope DATA SENSE will be included. I read on other forums that Rogers didn't include DATA SENSE in the Samsung AtivS GDR2 update...

I honestly wouldn't count on Data Sense being supported. So far only Bell is supporting it, and Rogers really doesn't seem to give a s**t about their Windows Phone users.

Which is really sad since every single tweet specifically mentions the 920 lol

I would say what's even sadder is that Rogers is supposed to be a premium Windows Phone partner. I guess to be premium partner it doesn't take much (still no visual voicemail support, no Data Sense, no Nokia Music carrier billing, uninformed reps).

Ok, I'm done my rant for today lol.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Doing the hard reset to get Data Sense might just be a Samsung issue. No point assuming that the same will be the case for the 920

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten another response from the rep and he and me have DMed info back and forth. Will post an update as soon as I get more info. Who knows, maybe it will be out sooner than we thought?

Ayman Jaddaa

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I called customer support today and they said there are updates for Windows Phone for the Nokia Lumia 920 on August 8 and October 17.
The Amber update will be released on August 8 and I think their next update, which is GDR3, will be released on October 17th

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Doing the hard reset to get Data Sense might just be a Samsung issue. No point assuming that the same will be the case for the 920

Well, even though I'm kind of anxious of getting this update, I'm not gonna be the first one to install it. I'll wait and see and if it is also the case, I'll just wait for a fix.

There is no way I'll hard reset my phone and loose all my settings etc...

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't count on Data Sense being supported. So far only Bell is supporting it, and Rogers really doesn't seem to give a s**t about their Windows Phone users.

I would say what's even sadder is that Rogers is supposed to be a premium Windows Phone partner. I guess to be premium partner it doesn't take much (still no visual voicemail support, no Data Sense, no Nokia Music carrier billing, uninformed reps).

Ok, I'm done my rant for today lol.

Nokia Music is available on Rogers, but I haven't tried the carrier billing for it. However, I noticed recently that I have Rogers carrier billing in my wallet now.

iSh3Zam.jpgGQr4CJn.jpg

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130806_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130806_0001.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130806_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20130806_0002.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is the answer from Nicholas from Rogers in Twitter : "@RogersNicolas: @SchueyF1 @TruPlaya1870 I sent another note to my team to straighten this out. Sorry for the wait. I had confirmation it was out for the 920"

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Most likely it would be a staggered release.. like portico, but I'm in no hurry to update just waiting for you fine people to test it out for us unlocked users who don't want to flash their phone with the Rom via the care suite :p

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I decide to flash it, they get back to me with an update saying they are working on it, so I decide to hold out. And I know if I decide to flash my phone, the update will come out 10 minutes later.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
So I just heard back from him, and as expected it looks like the confusion came from the ATIV update rolling out. He said that the 920 update is on its way. I have asked for an ETA on that, will report back if I get a solid answer.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. I think at least. It sounds like there is progress being made and that it will be released soon. Lets hope. Thanks for the updates btw!

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just heard back again, the team that does the processing refuses to give an ETA, so it could be tomorrow, it could be next month =/

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Music is available on Rogers, but I haven't tried the carrier billing for it. However, I noticed recently that I have Rogers carrier billing in my wallet now.

View attachment 39283View attachment 39284

I noticed that earlier today, wonder how long it's been there lol. According to the Rogers Forums they don't support carrier billing for Nokia Music Carrier billing method for Nokia Music - Rogers Community

Just heard back again, the team that does the processing refuses to give an ETA, so it could be tomorrow, it could be next month =/

I heard the same thing unfortunately. Not exactly optimistic that they're refusing to let us know when it's coming out (though as I recall, same thing happened with Portico).

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it just sucks when many other carriers announce the release dates of the updates, and from how it appears, Rogers does for Android as well. Ugh. I guess it could be worse, we aren't on AT&T after all.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Rogersupdatetwitt.JPG

Well, it looks like we're not about to get it soon.

Rogers haven't received it from NOKIA and when they'll do, they have to test it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte