09-03-2013 08:04 AM
279 12345 ...
tools
    There are still a lot of carriers that haven't released it officially I believe, so we aren't that far behind, but I really hope it comes out soon.
    08-07-2013 08:39 PM
    I agree with everything said, I'm sure we won't be far behind, however shame on Rogers for their lack of customer service. They seem to be a pretty decent carrier, however they are really lacking in the information aspect. I've called them a few times, like always, let the big wigs know Windows Phone users are there!
    08-07-2013 08:59 PM
    I see the ROM of EU have 4G...but i don't know if Works in Mexico or in your country
    the leaked French rom does give you 4G in Canada on Rogers 920. Network speed is about 17MB up and 11MB down.
    08-07-2013 09:07 PM
    the leaked French rom does give you 4G in Canada on Rogers 920. Network speed is about 17MB up and 11MB down.
    My Lumia 920 it's RM-820 Rogers unlocked...but i'm in Mexico, using Movistar? will Work? I have 4G now...
    08-07-2013 10:13 PM
    hmmmmm, not the first time I heard this.. Its very tempting, but I think I'll wait a week or two first to see what happens
    08-07-2013 10:23 PM
    There are still a lot of carriers that haven't released it officially I believe, so we aren't that far behind, but I really hope it comes out soon.
    I agree. GDR2 has shown up on Nokia Care Suite, but I don't think it is out OTA for the 920 on most carriers. I believe it was slated to launch mid august so we will have to sit tight til then.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    08-07-2013 11:08 PM
    Guys dis is my product code 059r026 plz tel me wn I get d update
    08-08-2013 08:49 AM
    Guys dis is my product code 059r026 plz tel me wn I get d update
    When you follow standardized rules for writing a sentence. In fact, Rogers pushed the release to next near just because of your grammatical transgressions.

Does the French rom allow you to keep AWS bands? If thats the case I have no hesitation in flashing but if not, I don't want to risk it.
    08-08-2013 09:54 AM
    [TAB][TITLE][HR][/HR][HR][/HR]
    [BOX][CMD]zxdcfc[/CMD][/BOX]
    [/TITLE][/TAB]
    08-08-2013 02:01 PM
    I'm getting desperate for the OTA and NOKIA is starting to get on my nerves! I just read this on twitter today:

nokiaamber.jpg

What is this? Now NOKIA is denying ever announcing this update?!? It looks like we're getting further from ever getting it....

Or, NOKIA is really confused right now.....
    08-08-2013 03:40 PM
    I got almost the same answer : "@NokiaHelps: @TruPlaya1870 As previously advised, we still can't comment on future software update release. Visit our website for further updates. ^AR"
    08-08-2013 04:06 PM
    I see. But on mine, He said the amber update never was officially announced! We know microsoft officially announced GDR2 and are actually deploying it. But what about AMBER? Is NOKIA going crazy by saying they never officially announced it? I'm confused now...
    08-08-2013 04:46 PM
    Try tweeting Nokia Canada maybe?
    08-08-2013 04:54 PM
    It's not entirely up to Nokia or Microsoft though, all they can do is develop, test, and hand the update off to the carrier. It is the carrier that ultimately decides to push out the update and when. Until Windows Phone has Apple-like marketshare and recognition, this will never change. Bombarding Nokia support with these requests is ultimately futile. They want us to have these updates, they want us to have a good product (I hope). You should be bugging your carrier for the update, as it's in their hands. At least this is the way it looks on the outside.
    08-08-2013 05:01 PM
    You should be bugging your carrier for the update, as it's in their hands. At least this is the way it looks on the outside.
    Well, if you read post #40 you'll see the carrier was also bombarded and doesn't have it either.
    08-08-2013 05:14 PM
    Well, if you read post #40 you'll see the carrier was also bombarded and doesn't have it either.
    Oh I know, I also bugged Rogers but they are tight lipped. What I am saying is that when it is up to the carrier for pushing out updates, bugging Nokia doesn't do to much as they don't have too much leverage over carriers. The only thing right now I blame them (and Microsoft for) is the lack of a date as to when the update is supposed to be pushed out. It happens all the time in the Windows Phone world and is getting very annoying not knowing when updates are coming.
    08-08-2013 05:35 PM
    I don't really trust anything the reps say, :lol
    Dos101 and Maxime Brosseau like this.
    08-08-2013 05:39 PM
    If anyone has done a Euro update, do AWS bands stay intact?

I never like carrier bull****, bull**** in general when it comes to updates.

Why they need carrier authentication and testing at all is asinine.

Last I checked, before Apple went large with the iPhone, they didn't hand it off to ATT for testing. They pushed it right to their customers. Hell, I'm running iOS 7 betas that somehow got pushed out without carrier testing at all.

Carrier testing my balls.

Edit: before some clever cat jumps down my throat; everything on my iOS 7 beta works just fine. Tethering through wifi and bluetooth, visual voicemail, texting, mms; whole 9 yards. So please, carrier testing my balls once again. What do they need to test? I mean add on their redundant crap to the OS?

At least Apple had the balls to say "No, we aren't running **** by you. You send us your profiles and we integrate them and we push out the software"

Why couldn't MS take the same stance?
    Last edited by MyThIc3LiTe; 08-08-2013 at 09:59 PM.
    jojapath likes this.
    08-08-2013 06:02 PM
    I don't know where the Nokia Care Suite check for the firmware file on the internet but when I check with this software, the software version is the same on my phone and on internet : 1232.5962.1314.0000

so if it check on nokia server, they don't have the new firmware...
    08-08-2013 07:21 PM
    If anyone has done a Euro update, do AWS bands stay intact?

I never like carrier bull****, bull**** in general when it comes to updates.

Why they need carrier authentication and testing at all is asinine.

Last I checked, before Apple went large with the iPhone, they didn't hand it off to ATT for testing. They pushed it right to their customers. Hell, I'm running iOS 7 betas that somehow got pushed out without carrier testing at all.

Carrier testing my balls.
    I could not have said it better! In fact I seem to recall Microsoft claiming that with WP8, carriers would not be co*kblocking the update process and if problems were to arise they would bypass them altogether. I hate to say it but if Microsoft is serious about being a "device and services" company, it needs to grow some cohones and tell the carriers to su*k it! I understand the argument that they may not have the market share to drive this forward but hey, I love my Lumia 920, and I think Nokia loves it too, Rogers doesn't care :(

Please Nokia, Microsoft take some risks will ya!
    Maxime Brosseau likes this.
    08-08-2013 09:59 PM
    No carrier has released GDR2 OTA for the 920 so why are people flipping out as if they are missing out on something? Secondly, there was no date given for the release so I don't see why people are losing their **** like they missed some kind of deadline. We know it's coming this month so sit tight and take some deep breaths.

I would like to receive updates sooner as well but doesn't mean going nuts here is going to solve anything.
    Faragondk, metalchick719 and chezm like this.
    08-08-2013 11:53 PM
    Yeah, I've also came to this conclusion, I'm pretty certain we'll see something this month. I was really bad at getting all the July release rumors get to me so I've been expecting it for a while now, instead of waiting to hear anything official
    08-09-2013 12:11 AM
    I flashed my Lumia 820 and work carefully
    Sent from my {lumia 820} using Board Express
    08-09-2013 12:15 AM
    Speaking of Nokia Canada, how come I have to pay postage to send my damn phone in for repairs. US customers have service so much better. Anyway, no update here yet.
    08-09-2013 01:25 AM
    No carrier has released GDR2 OTA for the 920 so why are people flipping out as if they are missing out on something? Secondly, there was no date given for the release so I don't see why people are losing their **** like they missed some kind of deadline. We know it's coming this month so sit tight and take some deep breaths.

I would like to receive updates sooner as well but doesn't mean going nuts here is going to solve anything.
    Because this is a ****ty example that all carriers always set and never bother changing. Why do we have to wait for a Windows update? Why do Android users have to wait for their updates? FFS, even Blackberry owners can flash any OS from anywhere in the world with ease yet we have to jump through multiple hoops.
    08-09-2013 11:40 AM
279 12345 ...