Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Either they didn't have a clue about what we were talking about.... One thing I don't understand is how come that Nokia would not have giving the update to Rogers right now. I've sent a tweet to Nokia but didn't get a reply....

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Either they didn't have a clue about what we were talking about.... One thing I don't understand is how come that Nokia would not have giving the update to Rogers right now. I've sent a tweet to Nokia but didn't get a reply....

At this point I can't imagine the update not being in Rogers' hands. The fact that many other carriers have released it already plus it's leaked, they have to at least have it in testing.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope so, if I'm kept waiting too long I'll have to flash my 920. I can always flash it with the Rogers firmware once released anyways

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There are many tutorials on how to flash online and it is pretty simple using Nokia Care Suite, however my biggest concern is that the leaked GDR2 releases are for different regions so the India one only supports speeds up yo 3G, no 4G or LTE. You can easily find many good tutorials from fellow WPCentral follows. I'm waiting for a wider release so I have a proper American (Canadian) firmware :)

Also due to this, I have yet to proceed with flashing my phone so I don't feel like id be the best guy to give you the walk thru, last phone I flashed was my Samsung Focus (WP7.5-WP7.8)

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm hesitant of flashing because we all know how flashing ATT firmware to our phones resulted in disabled AWS bands, and I need my AWS bands.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe that all other carriers/Brand has push the update except for Rogers/Nokia!!!! If at least they would of announce something on their website or on twitter but it seems that they don't know anything which is not good news!!! I just hope that we don't get the update in like another month or two. As far as I remember when AT&T pushes out the update for the Lumia, Rogers is 2 weeks after....and no words on AT&T either. :-(

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
There are still a lot of carriers that haven't released it officially I believe, so we aren't that far behind, but I really hope it comes out soon.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree with everything said, I'm sure we won't be far behind, however shame on Rogers for their lack of customer service. They seem to be a pretty decent carrier, however they are really lacking in the information aspect. I've called them a few times, like always, let the big wigs know Windows Phone users are there!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There are still a lot of carriers that haven't released it officially I believe, so we aren't that far behind, but I really hope it comes out soon.

I agree. GDR2 has shown up on Nokia Care Suite, but I don't think it is out OTA for the 920 on most carriers. I believe it was slated to launch mid august so we will have to sit tight til then.

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys dis is my product code 059r026 plz tel me wn I get d update

When you follow standardized rules for writing a sentence. In fact, Rogers pushed the release to next near just because of your grammatical transgressions.

the leaked French rom does give you 4G in Canada on Rogers 920. Network speed is about 17MB up and 11MB down.

Does the French rom allow you to keep AWS bands? If thats the case I have no hesitation in flashing but if not, I don't want to risk it.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting desperate for the OTA and NOKIA is starting to get on my nerves! I just read this on twitter today:

NokiaAmber.JPG

What is this? Now NOKIA is denying ever announcing this update?!? It looks like we're getting further from ever getting it....

Or, NOKIA is really confused right now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes