Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, like many of you I have been debating whether to go ahead and flash my phone or wait for Rogers to release the GDR2 and Amber Update.

I tried contacting the RogersHelp Twitter and just received this update from one of their reps, Nicolas

In reply to Mister Gore
Nicolas @ Rogers@RogersNicolas 29m
@Mister_Gore Hi, the update is now out so you should be able to get it.

So has anyone had any luck or gotten any other info from Rogers? I am wondering if maybe he misunderstood the question lol

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Not I. Been checking roughly once per hour too.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've never been on WP8 for an update before (I flashed Portico before it would have hit my phone) so I am not sure if they stagger their releases or what the process is.

I keep wanting to flash it, then with the whole emulator drama saga I've been going back and forth. The only thing that would upset me is losing all my game progress for my Xbox Live games, which I openly admit to having too many of, but if I can avoid that I will. The other part of me wants to flash it as I am helping with the EmiPSX beta and having problems and wondering if starting fresh will help with that.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one. I've never been on WP8 for an update before (I flashed Portico before it would have hit my phone) so I am not sure if they stagger their releases or what the process is.

I keep wanting to flash it, then with the whole emulator drama saga I've been going back and forth. The only thing that would upset me is losing all my game progress for my Xbox Live games, which I openly admit to having too many of, but if I can avoid that I will. The other part of me wants to flash it as I am helping with the EmiPSX beta and having problems and wondering if starting fresh will help with that.

It shouldn't be a staggered release. When the Portico update was released I got it right away, as did my friends. I think there is some miscommunication within Rogers as to when it is releasing, he might be thinking be thinking of the Ativ S update. As SchueyF1 said, he has other tweets saying the same thing to people, so maybe he is just confused here.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be a staggered release. When the Portico update was released I got it right away, as did my friends. I think there is some miscommunication within Rogers as to when it is releasing, he might be thinking be thinking of the Ativ S update. As SchueyF1 said, he has other tweets saying the same thing to people, so maybe he is just confused here.

Yeah, you're right about Portico. Either the switch hasn't been flipped yet or he is thinking of the Ativ :(

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yep I guess he thinks that the question was with the AtivS since I've asked Rogershelp and Nicholas replied saying it was out. But in my question I've asked the Ambrr update which is only to the Nokia devices.....no update for me yet.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Anxiously waiting for this update. I just hope DATA SENSE will be included. I read on other forums that Rogers didn't include DATA SENSE in the Samsung AtivS GDR2 update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel