Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I really want the pro-cam and improved camera algorithms. Also the other nokia settings like double tap to wake, glance screen, adjust the screen saturation, etc.

Gariopara

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Flash my Rogers Lumia 920 with a unbranded UK rom with Amber update, a bit hassle to restore everything, but not too bad. Love the new Pro Cam, and you can now assign which lens to launch when you press the shutter button, that's great. Shutter lag/auto focus is greatly improved. Other stuffs are great too... loving it. Hope Rogers will release the update soon.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why you guys are so pumped or eager to get the update...i mean sure its always fun getting updates is FUN and EXCITING...but we know the additions are just decent. whats everyones biggest excitement for the update?

Mine:
+ Able to use new Nokia Apps
+ Hopefully better battery life
+ SMS/Call blocking

Some of us are hoping it fixes the focusing issues our cameras are having. For me it's also so that I can get the Pro Cam app.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little concerned that knowing Rogers' update history, they'll be dead last in getting this to us and it won't have half the features in there (if the Ativ S updates are anything to go by)

It's also pretty annoying that there is no mention of WP on their page while Moto X is being touted as the savior. Seriously? You picked this half-baked piece of plastic over a quality product with a 41 MP camera?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
it did take a while to get 1308 and 1314, but Portico we got pretty early, we were one of the first

I'm a little concerned that knowing Rogers' update history, they'll be dead last in getting this to us and it won't have half the features in there (if the Ativ S updates are anything to go by)

It's also pretty annoying that there is no mention of WP on their page while Moto X is being touted as the savior. Seriously? You picked this half-baked piece of plastic over a quality product with a 41 MP camera?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
it did take a while to get 1308 and 1314, but Portico we got pretty early, we were one of the first

I think that for 1308 and 1314 we got it 2 weeks after AT&T pushed it to their customers. Now on the Nokia support page, Rogers is the only one with Coming soon....

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
They're adding their bullsh** bookmarks back to IE and that stupid/useless Rogers One app. Probably disabling Data Sense and the Call Blocking feature as well.

I'm so glad Verizon is coming to Canada. Not that they're any better but it's scaring the hell out of the pirate telecoms here. Woohoo!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Now just read that Verizon went from "waiting for approval" to "coming soon" and now "available" within not even a 24h period.....

C'MON ROGERS....you've been at the "coming soon" stage for the past 5 days now!!!!!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Now just read that Verizon went from "waiting for approval" to "coming soon" and now "available" within not even a 24h period.....

C'MON ROGERS....you've been at the "coming soon" stage for the past 5 days now!!!!!

Yup. I was patient before. But THIS pissed me off and it's evident that ROGERS is just effing around now.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
For something as minor as this I wouldn't flash my device. Now the 8.1 update might be worth it but not for what GDR2 & Amber bring. Personal opinion, of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss