Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% about this but somehow I think wireless charging is more finicky about the position of the phone. I seem to need to have it more accurately aligned than usual.

Same thing is happening to me since I flashed the Euro dev rom. If I don't align the phone correctly, it doesn't charge and the little light starts blinking.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% about this but somehow I think wireless charging is more finicky about the position of the phone. I seem to need to have it more accurately aligned than usual.

Is this and ota update or flashed euro?

My wireless charger is on it's way. that would suck :/

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing that where it would normally say I have a day and so of battery remaining at this point, it's saying I have around 10 hours remaining. Ahh, well, maybe it'll improve over time.

Same with me. I am on 85% battery and it's saying I only have 6 hours left.

I too hope it resets after a few cycles.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me since I flashed the Euro dev rom. If I don't align the phone correctly, it doesn't charge and the little light starts blinking.
I have a DT-900 and I don't have any issues pre-update Rogers 1314 or post-GDR2 update Euro-Dev

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Update on my battery - the time remaining seems to go up if I check after a little while. About 75 minutes ago it was saying 6 hours left and now it's saying 11 hours left. I think the battery just needs to be calibrated again.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update on my battery - the time remaining seems to go up if I check after a little while. About 75 minutes ago it was saying 6 hours left and now it's saying 11 hours left. I think the battery just needs to be calibrated again.

it has always been like this. The longer your phone is idle. The higher the time will go

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've notice a new feature but I'm not 100% sure if it was there before. When you go to your WIFI settings, underneath all the WIFI that your phone sees, you can press on "find nearby WI-FI" and it gives you a map with all the WIFI hotspots!!! Kind of cool!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've notice a new feature but I'm not 100% sure if it was there before. When you go to your WIFI settings, underneath all the WIFI that your phone sees, you can press on "find nearby WI-FI" and it gives you a map with all the WIFI hotspots!!! Kind of cool!!!

That comes w/ data sense, 822 had it since the beginning

Btw i am back to Rogers firmware :p

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Updated last night, everything seems ok. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but saw 2 new options in IE: option to disable pictures and w Datasense now on board option to send URL"s to the service. I wonder if this would work in Tmo with devices like the Rogers 920.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
OK, I see how it works.
I thought if you place the phone on the table with the screen down, the ringer will be muted and you won't hear anything.
II'm under the same impression...wasnt this how it was shown off a few months ago? If that's not what it does then what's its purpose?....im confused

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Updated last night, everything seems ok. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but saw 2 new options in IE: option to disable pictures and w Datasense now on board option to send URL"s to the service. I wonder if this would work in Tmo with devices like the Rogers 920.

If enabled, does it do this even when using WiFi?

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Let's say you have the phone in your pocket, or hand, or on the table with the screen facing up. If the phone rings, you flip the phone. This will immediately silence the ringer.
Honestly, I would have preferred the other behaviour I mentioned above.

Edit: here is an explanatory video of the 'flip to silence'

II'm under the same impression...wasnt this how it was shown off a few months ago? If that's not what it does then what's its purpose?....im confused

Last edited:

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Updated last night....all in all I'm pretty happy....but I tested out the camera last night in my dimly lit living room and I gotta say, the quality was not so good. Very noisy and not very sharp....pre amber if I took the same pic the room would look crystal clear and bright....anybody else find that low light photos were better pre amber??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster