Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Let's say you have the phone in your pocket, or hand, or on the table with the screen facing up. If the phone rings, you flip the phone and place it with the screen down on the table or other surface. This will immediately silence the ringer.

OHHHHHHHHHHH....so it has to already be initiated or in the process of ringing....well that doesnt really help...lol

Honestly, I would have preferred the other behaviour I mentioned above.

Exactly. I bring my phone to meetings and our impression would make much more sense.

-------------

Thanks for clearing that up

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
did you test the default camera or the pro camera?

Updated last night....all in all I'm pretty happy....but I tested out the camera last night in my dimly lit living room and I gotta say, the quality was not so good. Very noisy and not very sharp....pre amber if I took the same pic the room would look crystal clear and bright....anybody else find that low light photos were better pre amber??

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually tested both the default and pro cam. Even reset my default camera settings and tried again....compared to photos I took pre amber of the same location they were all pretty grainy/noisy and blurry...just me?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Default alarm tone is different . Notification for message hub is different too

I noticed that as soon as one of my friends texted me after I updated my phone. Really not liking that. The alert tone for notifications is different too. Not fond of the new sound either. It's like that and the message tone are basically the same but much faster and not as loud.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I actually tested both the default and pro cam. Even reset my default camera settings and tried again....compared to photos I took pre amber of the same location they were all pretty grainy/noisy and blurry...just me?

Its not just you, i've also noticed the picture quality is inconsistent...sometimes its grainy/blurry and others its very good. Even at times with the Pro, i will see the preview looking great then i take the picture and its almost all black?...weird. I switched back to the default camera and noticed the inconsistency of blurriness is still alive and well which sucks.

Also to add, my battery like some of you have said is burning out faster than pre-Amber.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Did everyone get an update? I got two Lumia 920s and one of them just refuses to update. Been checking regularly for the past 3 days and nothing. Tried soft resetting/restrating - nothing. Anyone here on the same boat? Or does any one have any ideas? Would appreciate it!

qwe123878

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did everyone get an update? I got two Lumia 920s and one of them just refuses to update. Been checking regularly for the past 3 days and nothing. Tried soft resetting/restrating - nothing. Anyone here on the same boat? Or does any one have any ideas? Would appreciate it!

Did you buy both of the phones from Rogers? I also have two 920s, both from Rogers and got the update.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So, since the update, looks like my phone's battery is doing really well. I took my phone off the charger around 10am yesterday and still had around 70% battery 12 hours later. Wow! That's also with the Wi-Fi not disabling while the screen is dark. I have to say I'm quite pleased. :amaze:

squall_234

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I used the pro cam, the color tone is more natural than the default app ( all setting auto), picture quality enhancement is not obvious. however, i noticed that when i take the pictures by pro cam, the preview look awsome for about a sec, then it's all become blurry and grainy . WTH ????

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Battery is same as pre-amber so I ain't complaining. The pro cam I need to get used to, as a non-photo centric user. I find myself still using default but I don't see major changes so I think photo related updates are most reflective on pro cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro