Rogers GDR2 Update....Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Why is the Rogers splash screen removed with this update? Kind of random. Rogers keeps surprising me lately...

I noticed something different about boot up but couldn't put my finger on it....yes that is odd and random

Also noticed the Rogers apps weren't reinstalled that I removed prior

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy both of the phones from Rogers? I also have two 920s, both from Rogers and got the update.

Yeah. Got the first one within a few weeks of launch from Rogers and the second one a few months ago. The first one refuses to update while the second one is doing fine

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
mine seems to be working fine with dt-900, i even tried to put it in a non-aligned position and it still charged

Same thing is happening to me since I flashed the Euro dev rom. If I don't align the phone correctly, it doesn't charge and the little light starts blinking.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So I installed an update yesterday and im up to 8.0.10.328.78, but I don't see any of the Amber features: no Glance or Nokia pro camera app. Are these coming separately? However, I do have data sense + FM Radio now.

Last edited:

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
So I installed an update yesterday and im up to 8.0.10.328.78, but I don't see any of the Amber features: no Glance or Nokia pro camera app. Are these coming separately? However, I do have data sense + FM Radio now.

You have to update all your NOKIA system apps (Display + Touch , Extra + Info , etc...) to get the new features.

For the Nokia Pro Cam app, you can get it online here or download it from the app store on your phone.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I rebooted my phone yesterday and now my Wi-Fi doesn't stay active when the screen is dark. Oh, well. It was pretty cool having Wi-Fi always active without actually affecting my phone's battery life. I'm sort of regretting rebooting now, but oh well... I'll live. :winktongue:

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I wonder why some people are having that problem. Mine has been fine luckily. Maybe it'll come back the next time you reboot.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I rebooted my phone yesterday and now my Wi-Fi doesn't stay active when the screen is dark. Oh, well. It was pretty cool having Wi-Fi always active without actually affecting my phone's battery life. I'm sort of regretting rebooting now, but oh well... I'll live. :winktongue:

Do you have that setting set correctly to keep the WIFI on?

Settings -> WIFI -> Advanced -> check "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out"

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you have that setting set correctly to keep the WIFI on?

Settings -> WIFI -> Advanced -> check "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out"

I knew about that. Thanks, though. Mine has always been set to the opposite. I guess it was active when the screen was timed out after I updated because of some (pretty cool) glitch. It's no biggie, though. :smile:

riccardo56

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with internet sharing with Rogers?

I have unlocked my phone (as I use it also when I am outside of Canada) but I am still using Rogers

When I activate internet sharing I am able to connect my laptop but I see a yellow exclamation mark on the wireless connection on the bottom right corner of windows desktop (it says connected but "no internet access")

Ping/treceroute/internet browsing does not work

If instead I browse using my cellular I have no problems

I have tried using access point, creating another profile, switch back and forth from one profile to another, soft resetting, changing sim card, setting max speed to 4g/3g/auto but with no success

On windows troubleshooting I can see DNS problem, but if I try to set manually (setting Lumia ip or google dns) I still have no connectivity (so root cause might be somewhere else)

I think the last thing I can try is hard reset, but I would like to know if anyone has this issue and has already tried doing

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
try this:

ipconfig /release ----> enter
ipconfig /renew -----> enter

Also if possible, change the WiFi name to something custom

riccardo56

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Someway the scenario changed. I have turned off my Lumia, removed sim card, turned on, turned off, insert sim card, turned on.

When I connect my laptop I have noticed the yellow exclamation mark on the wireless connection icon appears after 5/10 seconds (before it appeared instantly).

Don't know if this is Windows or Lumia having a different behaviour

Unfortunately still no sign of connection (ping + traceroute), even in the very initial phase (when, according to windows, the connection is working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa