Can the Lumia 920 base firmware be flashed into an AT&T unlocked branded 920?

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to do what the title says and what would be the benefit to run a non-AT&T firmware? My phone was unlocked by AT&T when they provided a code after I asked them for it.

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can..Iam running Indian firmware on my ATT lumia 920
you need to flash it with pre portico rogers firmware first and then flash with firmware of ur wish.
This post helps you:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/230531-flashing-t-lumia-920-impossible-cause-i-just-cant-so-far-can-anyone-help-me.html
Is it possible to do what the title says and what would be the benefit to run a non-AT&T firmware? My phone was unlocked by AT&T when they provided a code after I asked them for it.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

zoombucky

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
No I'm in India right now. It's an unlocked phone..internet tethering is working after flashing with Indian ROM

Just a FYI, When I had a trip to the Philippines, I used my att branded att-rom NL920 with a Philippine sim card after unlocking. I was able to tether using the a Philippine network. I did not flash my rom.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
My highest connection is 4G now where before it used to be LTE and the speedtest results were much faster with LTE. If you do flash it you can't go back to AT&T's firmware as I found out. So you're stuck with what you have for now until someone finds some other way to put the at&t firmware back.

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
4g and LTE are the same thing from what I understand, it's just a marketing thing.

Also, my phone says "4g" but it reaches the same stupid high "LTE" speeds it did on stock ATT rom.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
4g and LTE are the same thing from what I understand, it's just a marketing thing.

Also, my phone says "4g" but it reaches the same stupid high "LTE" speeds it did on stock ATT rom.

Maybe you're right. I just ran a speedtest and I'm getting close to 20 mbps down and close 10 mbps up at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans