How to use Lumia 925 on att?

Beshoy Hanna

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have unlocked a Lumia 925 via an unbranded flash, but on startup it still requests a SIM pin code.

I have tried entering the PUK code from my att account.

Has anyone successfully used this device on att? If so, What did you do to use the device on att?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

UPDATE: After trying to lock the sim on purpose, it asked for a PUK code. This code worked and allowed me to change the PIN. However, the phone STILL asks for an "unlock code" to operate. not sure if PUK2 or SIM2 or what. I have tried many different att SIM cards.

Last edited:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I don't know if it's what you want to know, but you can disable pin code request. settings-->swipe right-->phone-->slide to the end-->there you should see an option to disable sim password request on startup. :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
No, that's not it. Its a PIN that pops up whenever I click the phone icon or reboot. Thanks though.

It often happens if customer has manually converted standard simcard into microSIM, trimming it.. If you didn't do that, then I suggest you to:

? Perform soft reset/hard reset - maybe its just minor software error.
? Visit AT&T to get a "fresh" sim card replacement - your Sim Card might be damaged/scratched.
? Visit Nokia Care Point - maybe it's caused by faulty hardware (damaged microSIM slot)

Well, I have to say that I'm not an Lumia 925 and AT&T user, so my advices may not apply in your case. I hope that someone will help you :)

Minor Edit: Forget that you in USA got simlocks back, maybe theres something messed up.

Try to find an answer reading this forum: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231491-lumia-925-unlocking.html

Beshoy Hanna

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried one and two, and I haven't trimmed a standard SIM. The phone originally worked on T-Mobile before I unbranded it, so I doubt my phone is subjected to a damaged SIM tray. I will look into taking it to Nokia care point, if I can find one in the US. Thanks again!

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried one and two, and I haven't trimmed a standard SIM. The phone originally worked on T-Mobile before I unbranded it, so I doubt my phone is subjected to a damaged SIM tray. I will look into taking it to Nokia care point, if I can find one in the US. Thanks again!

If you say so, then the unlock code request is nothing more than T-Mobile simlock. It's carrier locked, even after flash. You won't be able to register your AT&T simlock before you don't get rid off T-Mobile's simlock. You can get unlock code from T-Mobile. Nokia Care won't help you. I'm not sure if flashing with EU ROM would help you, but Lumias aren't carrier locked here in European Union.. Personally I bought Lumia 820 branded to Orange, flashed it with unbranded firmware and I'm using other carrier, PLAY. So thats why I'm guessing your problem is caused by T-Mobile simlock.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
There are two different things going on here. The phone had a carrier ROM on it, but you flashed an unbranded ROM so you got ride of any bloatware. However, your phone is still SIM locked to T-Mobile and you can't use it on another network until you get an unlock code from them, or possibly one of the unlocking services online. The unlock code is specific to your actual phone, and is based on you IEMI. Until you get it, you can not use on any other carrier

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but looks like simlock depends (sadly) on IMEI (not sure, but thats what internet says about) :-(
Anyways, I suggest you to make sure if it's simlock, because unlocking probably costs extra $.

Follow this link to learn more about unlocking T-Mobile's simlock:
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588
Maybe there is more.. "unofficial way" to get rid off carrier lock, but you risk loosing warranty/breaking the law. Its not worth.
Wish you luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs