Optical image stabilization

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 920 at launch in since the have taken a ton of pictures and never have really noticed any benefit. From the ois. During video its wonderful but does it even work for photos? My wives iphone4s takes amazing shots as a point and shoot camera with out ois. I've noticed myself taking multiple shots because of camera shake and blurring. Its not this phone itself, im currently on my 5th 920 due to a range of issues. It was the same on all of my 920's

VisualD

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the shutter speed you're using, the phone may prioritize to keep ISO low but increase shutter speed and hope for the OIS to help. Also, for moving subjects OIS won't help, it's only the shutter speed then.

VinceGio

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
When your phone is on GDR2+Amber, and will get Nokia's camera app (Nokia Pro Cam, I'm using it as we speak), you'll be able to edit everything manually if you'd like.. And perhaps get better photos that you want!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 920 at launch in since the have taken a ton of pictures and never have really noticed any benefit. From the ois. During video its wonderful but does it even work for photos? My wives iphone4s takes amazing shots as a point and shoot camera with out ois. I've noticed myself taking multiple shots because of camera shake and blurring. Its not this phone itself, im currently on my 5th 920 due to a range of issues. It was the same on all of my 920's

You need to post some of these pictures so we can better assist. Also, if you're using the hardware button it can cause the phone to shake. Focusing by touching the screen should give you steadier shots.

If it works while taking videos, it's not broken. It sounds more like a user error.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im not saying its broken because its is amazing for videos I just don't see any improvement for photography.
shake the phone like you have epilepsy or Parkinson's. While you are doing that, half press the camera button and watch the magic of the OIS. The shakes are all but gone. Its beautiful!

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
shake the phone like you have epilepsy or Parkinson's. While you are doing that, half press the camera button and watch the magic of the OIS. The shakes are all but gone. Its beautiful!

I have epilepsy.

I would be offended, but then I thought of me having a fit whilst taking a picture.

At least it wouldn't be blurry.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the OP.
Every picture I take has a sort of blur to them as in the pic below.
Doesn't matter strong light or low light.
Only time I seem to get good clear shots are with close ups.
WP_20130804_001.jpg

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Even when you hold the hardware button half way down to focus?

Have you tried to clean your lens?
Is the plastic still on your lens?
Have you tried factory resetting?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Even when you hold the hardware button half way down to focus? Yes

Have you tried to clean your lens? Yes
Is the plastic still on your lens? No
Have you tried factory resetting?Yes

I came from an N8 to the L920 and was struck by how poor the camera is.
Many tell of great pictures. I just hide now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss