4G LTE with GDR2 rom?

the_skyler

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that LTE is working on the European GDR2 rom?

I installed GDR2 on my AT&T Lumia 920 (NA) and lost LTE with the upgrade (European ROMs only enable the European 4G/LTE bands I think). My 3G speeds are pretty good in my area (5-7mb down) and I have a fairly small data plan so I don't care much about the loss. I had been considering finding a way to disable 4G/LTE anyways for the improved battery life.

*edit It actually appears that I do have access to 4G (at least according to the icon and my speed test program). The speeds seem the same as 3G though so I'm a bit dubious of the reality of that connection. In any event I'm going to change it to 3G as the highest setting.

Last edited:

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed GDR2 on my AT&T Lumia 920 (NA) and lost LTE with the upgrade (European ROMs only enable the European 4G/LTE bands I think). My 3G speeds are pretty good in my area (5-7mb down) and I have a fairly small data plan so I don't care much about the loss. I had been considering finding a way to disable 4G/LTE anyways for the improved battery life.

*edit It actually appears that I do have access to 4G (at least according to the icon and my speed test program). The speeds seem the same as 3G though so I'm a bit dubious of the reality of that connection. In any event I'm going to change it to 3G as the highest setting.

If you do want 4G back, try a field test