Technical issues since installing GDR2

Madders76

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Same here on O2 Pay & Go, it always selects the wrong APN and I can't sign into my Wireless network which makes the backups worthless as I have to restore all my apps by hand each time :/

Yep, frustrating but knowing the large saving in monthly phone costs using GiffGaff helps soften the blow :)

Looking at it with 'glass half full thinking', it gives me the opportunity to clear out all the apps I no longer use!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, frustrating but knowing the large saving in monthly phone costs using GiffGaff helps soften the blow :)

Looking at it with 'glass half full thinking', it gives me the opportunity to clear out all the apps I no longer use!

Exactly my thinking, I left lots of apps off my phone as I don't use them anymore :)

iamoniwaban

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing several issues since the recent update. Several reboots in a row, search says not connected to data or wireless (I am), SMS not receiving /sending. Games fail to log into live. Generally
poor performance since the update.

iamoniwaban

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
DATASENSE!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!

Just reset my phone. DataSense is now present. Previous apps are currently downloading and restoring. :smile:

I choose the "reset your phone" option under "Settings→About". Surprisingly, it only took approximately 5 minutes until the set up screen arrived. I thought that I'd be watching the spinning gears for quite a while.

There is no difference between resetting this way, or by holding down the physical keys on the phone, correct?
what physical keys? Like the power key? If so that just reboots the phone. I didn't know there was a key combination to reset?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been experiencing several issues since the recent update. Several reboots in a row, search says not connected to data or wireless (I am), SMS not receiving /sending. Games fail to log into live. Generally
poor performance since the update.

I assume you've done a factory reset through settings?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Uh oh! I decided to turn my phone off last night. First time since the reset to enable datasense. Now I have the multiple boot crashing problem. Kept rebooting like 8 times, I just pulled the battery. Gonna remove my sim card (I don't have an SD card), replace the battery, and try to turn the device back on.

Edit: With the sim card removed, it boot crashed 3 times, but then finally booted.

Edit2: Made a backup of apps & settings (just in case), turned off device, replaced sim, device booted up successfully on first try. WP greeted me with a message saying that my device mode has now changed to gsm (from previously having no sim).

Last edited:

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
There are two reset, soft and hard... Soft (factory reset) settings>about phone...
Hard reset is...

Am I right or...?!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
what physical keys? Like the power key? If so that just reboots the phone. I didn't know there was a key combination to reset?

As far as I know, the same process that people use on the Lumia's, works on all windows phones:

1. Make sure you have enough battery life.
2. Turn off the Ativ-S phone by pressing the power button and holding it for a few seconds then scroll down to turn off the phone.
3. Press the Volume Down Key + Power Key to turn on the unit
4. Still hold the volume down key, the release Power Key.
5. Wait for the startup screen booting with an exclamation mark " ! " then release the volume down key.
6. Press the following buttons in the following order: press the volume up (high volume key) ==> press volume key down (low volume key) ==> press the power key ==> press volume down key.
7. Wait a moment and look at the screen, a message such as loading new software will start the hard reset process

rotkod

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, the same process that people use on the Lumia's, works on all windows phones:

1. Make sure you have enough battery life.
2. Turn off the Ativ-S phone by pressing the power button and holding it for a few seconds then scroll down to turn off the phone.
3. Press the Volume Down Key + Power Key to turn on the unit
4. Still hold the volume down key, the release Power Key.
5. Wait for the startup screen booting with an exclamation mark " ! " then release the volume down key.
6. Press the following buttons in the following order: press the volume up (high volume key) ==> press volume key down (low volume key) ==> press the power key ==> press volume down key.
7. Wait a moment and look at the screen, a message such as loading new software will start the hard reset process

Ok, this is hard reset!

Ativ user

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol. I dont know it too. Why the hell there is an Led on the ativ s? Its like the htc 8x, but seems the ativ s led is completly useless??!! holy ..

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I updated the initial post to this thread. It contains some troubleshooting information for those who are still having this rebooting difficulty.

EDIT: These are just workarounds. You may still get the crashes during boot, which I managed to get again this morning.

Last edited:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the crashing went away for a little while, but they started up again. I have more space than I'm currently using, so I'm going to go without my Micro SD card for a bit to see if the problem persists.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't dared to shut my phone off and see if I'll still have the reboot problem after getting through it the first time. I'll have to try it again eventually. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786