Few question about Lumia 520

anon(7908611)

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just sign up :)
I want to buy a Lumia 520 since its price is very low.
I have few question:
The buy is worth since I already have a LG optimus 7 with 7.8?
Whatsapp, facebook and other major app work better than 7.8?
Thank you for the answers :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just sign up :)
I want to buy a Lumia 520 since its price is very low.
I have few question:
The buy is worth since I already have a LG optimus 7 with 7.8?
Whatsapp, facebook and other major app work better than 7.8?
Thank you for the answers :)

Yes.
Yes.

It's sasd but developers are focusing more on WP8 than 7.8
For the price, you can't lose.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
From someone who went from a Nokia Lumia 800 7.8 to a 520, I'd say the change is worth it due to better choice in apps and games.

Whatsapp is now a lot better than the 7.8 version, as is Skype. Facebook has always been problematic. The actual app, browsing posts etc, is superior, however the notification system is broken on 8 as it is on 7.8.

anon(7908611)

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
From someone who went from a Nokia Lumia 800 7.8 to a 520, I'd say the change is worth it due to better choice in apps and games.

Whatsapp is now a lot better than the 7.8 version, as is Skype. Facebook has always been problematic. The actual app, browsing posts etc, is superior, however the notification system is broken on 8 as it is on 7.8.

This is the major issue that don't let me to upgrade to a WP8 devices. Why microsoft don't fix this problem?
Is there a list with all exclusive WP8 apps and games?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Question for owners. Hows the app managing working for folks? Meaning with memory being so little, do you have to "scale back" (remove apps) daily to make room for memory??

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
On the Storage Check utility under settings, there is a total of 7.1 GB usable, of which I'm using 4.1 GB (983 mb apps, 1.2 GB music (~70 tracks, some of which are quite long) and 1.9 GB for system). There is 3.1 GB free. I counted 49 apps, including the native ones such as Nokia Drive, Here, Transit. I uninstalled the AT&T bloatware. So far, I haven't had to uninstall any apps to make room for others. I have uninstalled ones that I found that not to be useful for me. I don't have a microSD card, so if I moved my music there, that would free up another 1 GB of memory.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Thank you

I have an SD card so music and photos I'm not worried about. It was the apps I was worried about. I'm using about 5 gb for apps so was wondering if I'd be tapped out before I even try it. I have some wiggle room lol

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well technically it'd be a downgrade for me cause I have the 822 already. I just need my mms again

Sent from something UhMEHZing using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss