08-11-2013 06:56 AM
43 12
tools
    Oh, and it made my automatic date & time work!
    That'll be the best news ever for me if it's the same when the OTA comes. Thought it was network dependent though?
    08-09-2013 01:56 AM
    i faced the battery issue once, it drains out after an hour without using anything, may be it's the stuck process issue. Just soft reset the phone and it's back to normal
    08-09-2013 02:10 AM
    This might be completely co-incidental but after I flashed the French Amber rom I have dropped two calls and completely missed one incoming call (phone didn't even register it).
    Anyone noticed similar behaviour?
    08-09-2013 06:07 AM
    After Amber:
    1. PlayTo now works flawlessly with my Denon Receiver
    2. You can now sync Google mail/contacts/calendar with the Gmail template from account settings instead of using Outlook
    3. Several paid applications no longer show up on the market place. I lost several paid apps: Hydro Thunder Go, Board Express, de Blob etc...
    Overall, excellent upgrade.
    hipporama likes this.
    08-09-2013 06:23 AM
    I am happy to here about the camera updates. Can't wait for att to send out the update. This is why I wanted to wait for the 920 update before buying a 1020. This should hold me over till a proper 920 upgrade comes along.
    08-09-2013 06:33 AM
    Here is my question :) Is Data Sense the same as storage check, because i have a L920 without Amber, and the storage check is, I think, the same as Data sense. :)
    08-09-2013 03:28 PM
    Here is my question :) Is Data Sense the same as storage check, because i have a L920 without Amber, and the storage check is, I think, the same as Data sense. :)
    you can set the limit of your data usage.. if it reaches, you'll be no longer be able to use your data plan.. it's nice way to adminstrate your ''demands''..

-----

post amber:

1- Battery life has been improved, A LOT.
    2- Photos are better now, no more that heavy post-photo reduction noise and etc..
    3- Lost some apps, such as lumia pusher etc.. (no more avaiable at the store, after the update)
    4- nokia pro cam and smart cam are flawless, great apps..
    5- system is quicker in normal tasking, such as opening apps, resuming previous ones and etc..
    6- glance screen/douple tap to wake are reaal handy
    7- lumia color profile works great..
    8- no more screen flickering, finally!!!
    9- apps now really close when you close it
    10- the system itself it's been more stable
    08-09-2013 05:17 PM
    Guys, I don't know if you guys noticed it, but now you can choose a tone for each person you want, and you're able to choose different sounds for sms/email !!

finally!! I'm loving amber more and more every day!
    tositem likes this.
    08-09-2013 10:33 PM
    I just can't wait but I have about 4G game and 6 G app and app data, if I flash it I would get lots of trouble!
    08-09-2013 10:58 PM
    Guys, I don't know if you guys noticed it, but now you can choose a tone for each person you want, and you're able to choose different sounds for sms/email !!

What exactly do you mean? You could always choose a separate ringtone for each contact? You've always had the ability to change sounds for sms/email as well (not contact specific though). Are you saying we can have custom sms and email tones now as well? That would be much welcomed.
    08-09-2013 11:10 PM
    I wish it showed unread SMS / E-mail on glance.
    08-10-2013 06:53 AM

I don't know if you noticed it pre-Amber. But you can set custom ringtone for each contact. I haven't updated to GDR2 yet.

However, custom SMS notifications are probably new. I don't have them on my 620.
    08-10-2013 07:10 AM

Where did you see that? I'm on GDR2 and only can choose a different tone (for each contact) for incoming calls, NOT for SMS or E-mail.
    Are you sure of that? If yes, please explain to me how?
    Thanks
    08-10-2013 07:46 AM
    Where did you see that? I'm on GDR2 and only can choose a different tone (for each contact) for incoming calls, NOT for SMS or E-mail.
    Are you sure of that? If yes, please explain to me how?
    Thanks
    In configs and then at sounds + something, I'm able to choose a tone for sms or chat, new message at the mail post and another one for email, I guess this is a new feature, or at least I don't remember previously
    08-10-2013 08:04 AM
    In configs and then at sounds + something, I'm able to choose a tone for sms or chat, new message at the mail post and another one for email, I guess this is a new feature, or at least I don't remember previously
    been there since WP7 if I'm understanding you correctly.
    08-10-2013 08:30 AM
    Overall loving Amber. Have Pro Cam now which is worth the flash upgrade alone.

However, have noticed that IE10 is now a little janky when scrolling. Never noticed before and now when I flick to scroll on webpages there's a definite stutter. Anyone else notice/have this issue?

Going to check battery usage and camera today when I go for a hike. Seems like reception is better too!

Using the EU Dev Rom on my Build 920.
    08-10-2013 08:31 AM
    Heres a screenshot of Pictures Gallaery by both Pre Amber and Post Amber, where they have improved in showing detailed Zoom ( High Quality )

Pre Amber Full zoom
    wp_ss_20130808_0002.jpg

Post Amber Full zoom
    wp_ss_20130811_0004-1-.jpg

Also same Scaled to Pre Ambers Zoom
    wp_ss_20130808_0001-1-.jpg
    melvintwj and tositem like this.
    08-11-2013 01:02 AM
    @amrut_m
    Is the post amber photo taken in ProCam or the stock WP camera?
    08-11-2013 06:56 AM
43 12