Living with 920 Amber Update-Image Algorithms change,Battery Life Everything Here

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
EE in the UK here, flashed with the French ROM yesterday and Data sense works. The device handles it, not sure on how accurate it'll be just yet.

Oh, and it made my automatic date & time work!
Can I assume your 4G is working pproperly also??
I want to flash to get Data Sense and have it working with EE, but a lil iffy to flash foreign ROM....

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Can I assume your 4G is working pproperly also??
I want to flash to get Data Sense and have it working with EE, but a lil iffy to flash foreign ROM....

Yeah works fine. Though I'm actually out of data until the 13th haha, did waaaay too many speed tests last week.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for Amber on my unbranded UK 920, but thanks for posting this thread! Any updates on battery life? That's my biggest hope - that the battery life is better :)

Also, glad the color profiles are there. I'm glad Nokia is giving us this option (even though we should be getting more from Microsoft :p)!

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
i faced the battery issue once, it drains out after an hour without using anything, may be it's the stuck process issue. Just soft reset the phone and it's back to normal

Golgofier

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This might be completely co-incidental but after I flashed the French Amber rom I have dropped two calls and completely missed one incoming call (phone didn't even register it).
Anyone noticed similar behaviour?

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
After Amber:
1. PlayTo now works flawlessly with my Denon Receiver
2. You can now sync Google mail/contacts/calendar with the Gmail template from account settings instead of using Outlook
3. Several paid applications no longer show up on the market place. I lost several paid apps: Hydro Thunder Go, Board Express, de Blob etc...
Overall, excellent upgrade.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am happy to here about the camera updates. Can't wait for att to send out the update. This is why I wanted to wait for the 920 update before buying a 1020. This should hold me over till a proper 920 upgrade comes along.

Petur Matev

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is my question :) Is Data Sense the same as storage check, because i have a L920 without Amber, and the storage check is, I think, the same as Data sense. :)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Here is my question :) Is Data Sense the same as storage check, because i have a L920 without Amber, and the storage check is, I think, the same as Data sense. :)

you can set the limit of your data usage.. if it reaches, you'll be no longer be able to use your data plan.. it's nice way to adminstrate your ''demands''..

-----

post amber:

1- Battery life has been improved, A LOT.
2- Photos are better now, no more that heavy post-photo reduction noise and etc..
3- Lost some apps, such as lumia pusher etc.. (no more avaiable at the store, after the update)
4- nokia pro cam and smart cam are flawless, great apps..
5- system is quicker in normal tasking, such as opening apps, resuming previous ones and etc..
6- glance screen/douple tap to wake are reaal handy
7- lumia color profile works great..
8- no more screen flickering, finally!!!
9- apps now really close when you close it
10- the system itself it's been more stable

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I don't know if you guys noticed it, but now you can choose a tone for each person you want, and you're able to choose different sounds for sms/email !!

finally!! I'm loving amber more and more every day!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I don't know if you guys noticed it, but now you can choose a tone for each person you want, and you're able to choose different sounds for sms/email !!

What exactly do you mean? You could always choose a separate ringtone for each contact? You've always had the ability to change sounds for sms/email as well (not contact specific though). Are you saying we can have custom sms and email tones now as well? That would be much welcomed.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if you noticed it pre-Amber. But you can set custom ringtone for each contact. I haven't updated to GDR2 yet.

However, custom SMS notifications are probably new. I don't have them on my 620.

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Where did you see that? I'm on GDR2 and only can choose a different tone (for each contact) for incoming calls, NOT for SMS or E-mail.
Are you sure of that? If yes, please explain to me how?
Thanks

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Where did you see that? I'm on GDR2 and only can choose a different tone (for each contact) for incoming calls, NOT for SMS or E-mail.
Are you sure of that? If yes, please explain to me how?
Thanks

In configs and then at sounds + something, I'm able to choose a tone for sms or chat, new message at the mail post and another one for email, I guess this is a new feature, or at least I don't remember previously

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In configs and then at sounds + something, I'm able to choose a tone for sms or chat, new message at the mail post and another one for email, I guess this is a new feature, or at least I don't remember previously
been there since WP7 if I'm understanding you correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077