Nokia Lumia 720 Hard reset issue

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my Lumia 720. I bought it via Clove UK and received it at te beginning of May. Ever since the first day I had some little bugs like laggy animations in the Xbox Music app or difficulties entering a location in HERE Map. Anyways, I didn't bother with these problems since the overall experience was okay, but when my other storage reached 1.5 Gb (and was only left with 500mb of memory, I decided to perform an hard reset, hoping it would solve all my problems while clearing my other storage. Now the phone have been showing those fantastic spinning cogs since then (3:39 PM (eastern time)) and nothing else. I tried to contact Nokia but since I'm in Canada and this phone is sold in Europe the support from Nokia is really poor in here for this phone model.

Can you guys help me with this?
thank you

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my Lumia 720. I bought it via Clove UK and received it at te beginning of May. Ever since the first day I had some little bugs like laggy animations in the Xbox Music app or difficulties entering a location in HERE Map. Anyways, I didn't bother with these problems since the overall experience was okay, but when my other storage reached 1.5 Gb (and was only left with 500mb of memory, I decided to perform an hard reset, hoping it would solve all my problems while clearing my other storage. Now the phone have been showing those fantastic spinning cogs since then (3:39 PM (eastern time)) and nothing else. I tried to contact Nokia but since I'm in Canada and this phone is sold in Europe the support from Nokia is really poor in here for this phone model.

Can you guys help me with this?
thank you

Try soft reset: Power + Volume Down for 15 secs or until it vibrates.

If no luck, try hard reset again: Power + Volume Down + Camera Button until vibrate, lift finger off camera button and follow onscreen instructions.

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys! It actually restarted properly after a couple soft reset attempts (12 or so in total since it bugged)...after nearly 24 hours...anyways, I'm just glad it's not bricked :)
And I didn't know about the camera button trick for a hard reset, I tough it could only be done while the phone was turned off :eek: I guess it could be useful in the future :p Thanks to you two again

gsmayura

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i cant do hard reset if i press volume down + power button + camera button
it will open camera or it will come power off
help me please

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi gsmayura, in order tu use this method to hard raset your phone, you need to power it off. Turn it off first then try it ;)

Mohammed Ayub

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Even i had the same issue, i was running out of memory, so i thought of resetting the device and the grinding gears did not go. So I had to do the soft reset (Volume low + Power button) for more than 10 times and then my device started. Anyway thanks for the information and help :) :smile:

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just wait and do some soft reset, it took mine something like 20 hours to start back. Or just check the link I puttedin my last post and follow the steps.

HABIBA HAZEM

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't do hard reset for my lumia 720 if i press volume down + power button + camera button
can someone help me please ?
Thanks

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't do hard reset for my lumia 720 if i press volume down + power button + camera button
can someone help me please ?
Thanks

This buttons combination only work if your phone is turned off. But as I said before, perform the hard reset via the settings menu, just go to settings- phone infos then tap the "more" button and you'll see the "restore the phone to factory settings" option

githesh dev

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
i had finished doing fifteen times..still grinding!!..did u wait after each soft reset? or were doing immediately after one by one?! thanks :unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss