I'm on my third Nokia 928

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The first 928 I got the day it came out, which was working great until about 3 weeks later when something physical such as the antenna was going bad. The calls over the cellphone towers or over wifi, Skype or Verizon, would cut in and out and the call quality would be very poor. If I held and tapped my finger on the back of the phone near the top, the call would cut in and out. And then it got worse to the point where I took it back and got another one sent to me. The 2nd one did this after a few weeks as well. I'm about 2 weeks in and my third Nokia 928, and nothing has happened so far. Anyone have the same problem?

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Quick theory --

I suspect that store locations get "batches" of phones; all manufactured in the same run. If there was a collection of sub-par parts it's logical to presume they were also in batches, and the phones made at that time would get the problem parts.

If I went back to the same store for a replacement I'd check serial numbers and try to get as much separation as was available. . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo