Geotagging / -tracking / -logging with the 1020

Bembelhead

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there and good evening from Germany!

I'm not as lucky as u guys r as I'll only receive my new 1020 earliest by September (I hope). Very happy user of the N8 (in reagrds to the camera) for the better part of the last 3 years nevertheless very much looking forward to the 1020.

Anyhow... in October I'll hit the road for a three week tour of Europe, which I intend to "live broadcast" in the sense to make my current gps position / track / route etc. available online. Whether custom made website (I can do ;), hosted service, wordpress, facebook etc. .. I am looking for clues how to manage - and how to manage with the 1020.

Any experiences or hints would be very much appreciated on this end of the pond ...

Cheers

:smile:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi there and good evening from Germany!

I'm not as lucky as u guys r as I'll only receive my new 1020 earliest by September (I hope). Very happy user of the N8 (in reagrds to the camera) for the better part of the last 3 years nevertheless very much looking forward to the 1020.

Anyhow... in October I'll hit the road for a three week tour of Europe, which I intend to "live broadcast" in the sense to make my current gps position / track / route etc. available online. Whether custom made website (I can do ;), hosted service, wordpress, facebook etc. .. I am looking for clues how to manage - and how to manage with the 1020.

Any experiences or hints would be very much appreciated on this end of the pond ...

Cheers

:smile:

I think that the easiest way is Facebook and all your friends will know where you will be going - they will be updated about your travel through fb feed, every time when you upload something :)

By the way, just check this app too - it is a nice way to show the geotagged photos on Nokia offline map (by phone) - just a great one for the such travels (just remember to enable location info for photos through settings) ...

Geophoto: GeoPhoto | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Bembelhead

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jaripi, thx for quick response :) ... After a first glimpse the Geophoto App looks very interesting .. have to dig into deeper tomorrow. Can u share these maps and make it public? Thanks anyway! As to Facebook ... well .. I hate it !! But yes .. things like that check-in App etc. would of course accompany the "project". :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss