App index now have transparent tile

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Those are the letter index "tiles."

Once you have over a certain number of apps, they appear. I believe its over 30 apps? If you click one of those letter tiles it brings up the alphabet menu like in the contact list.

I use it all the time to jump to a certain letter section. Once you have a lot of apps, its very helpful.

FYI, I believe once they appear, they won't go away even if you remove apps. You'd have to do a reset to remove them.

EDIT: 45, as noted above ^

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
And if you tap on them, they will bring you to an alphabet list where you can quick jump through the apps alphabetically

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
FYI, I believe once they appear, they won't go away even if you remove apps. You'd have to do a reset to remove them.

EDIT: 45, as noted above ^

That is driving me nuts at the moment. I don't have a lot of apps and find it a lot faster to scroll through without the index. But now that I hit the limit and got it, there's no way to get rid of it....
...or is there?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
That is driving me nuts at the moment. I don't have a lot of apps and find it a lot faster to scroll through without the index. But now that I hit the limit and got it, there's no way to get rid of it....
...or is there?

no, you can't get rid of it.

If you tap an alphabet tag, you can use it to navigate the app list.
Alternatively, once you swipe to the app list, press the search icon. It takes away the alphabet tags. Then scroll the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon