Lumia 920 Amber

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So, as many of here, I decided to install amber update to lumia 920 (via the tutorial topic) it works wonderfull, although, I have a few question..

1- When my screen is off, I double tap it but it won't wake, what should I do to activate this? (it's ok, I found the feature)

2- I couldn't find glance screen feature, where is it? There isn't such an option in display + touch (for some reason my phone wasn't showing it until I soft reseted it.. hey, it works just fine now =)

3- Is there any alternative way to install pro cam app? that tutorial is a little too confuse for me, I don't want to risk it because I didn't understand it very well

edit: glance feature is now ok, I had to restart my phone for it to appear, don't know why, but it worked, lol, just number 3 now

Here are my impressions from amber update:

So, I was nervous, I couldn't stop staring the phone while it was flashing to amber update, so much expectations, and they were all completed, I noticed wp8 it's better and more smoother.. the new features are pretty handy (glance + double tap to activate), the phone lags sometimes, It's normal, in the first run it's normal for this to happen, It happened before in previous firmwares..

But the biggest change was in the camera.. now the picture WILL come out as you focused or better, no more that heavy noise from post reduction system, the shutter time it's much more faster and agile (when you take photo It's almost instataneously), as well the iso now goes up to 3200, which is very good.. No more that heavy saturation found on previous firmwares, the camera is signifcantly better, at least for me..

So, these are my impressions so far, very happy with it and you guys won't be disappointed, It's worth all time waiting for it to come out..ou h

smart cam works like a charm as well.. if you have any doubt, be free to ask =)
PS: my screen continues to flicker, guess it's related to hardware, I'll take it to nokia care someday to fix it

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers