Slight flicker when viewing outlook (email)- and some questions

don44

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My mum's just bought a 520. She's happy with it but I had a play around and noticed that there's a slight flicker when viewing outlook for emails- only outlook, as can't see it on any other page or app. It's quite slight, just a line here or there that slightly flickers- but still definitely perceivable. It's not a big issue but I'm concerned that it might be indicative of a fault that might get worse in the future. Should I get it changed over?

A few more questions:

1. If you ever have to reset the phone, how do you save the apps that you already have

2. My mum's pc runs windows xp and Microsoft's Skydrive app does not support it, although it is still possible to connect the phone to the pc. I noticed that her Camera Roll photos are saved to Skydrive automatically from the phone but not her contacts. Is there a way to save contacts to Skydrive?

3. How do I transfer my mums firefox favourites from her pc to Internet Explorer on her phone?

Thanks! :smile:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
1. You can't save the apps you have. If you paid for an app, you still own the app and can redownload it for free. If you go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/my/purchase-history and log in with your Microsoft account info, you will be able to see all the apps you downloaded before. I think there may be an app that essentially does the same thing but someone else would have to fill you in on that.

2. Contacts are saved to outlook.com. Since the new web interface took place, it is very simple to switch from outlook.com to skydrive.com. They also interact very well together. If you log in to a new phone or one that has gone through a factory reset, it will sync your contacts for you.

3.I don't believe this is possible, though maybe someone else has an idea.

As far as the flickering, I don't have that issue.

don44

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
2. Contacts are saved to outlook.com. Since the new web interface took place, it is very simple to switch from outlook.com to skydrive.com. They also interact very well together. If you log in to a new phone or one that has gone through a factory reset, it will sync your contacts for you.

Many thanks for the info!

Yes, I remember when my 620 was replaced, my contacts automatically appeared in my new phone. Okay, so if I understand you, then any outlook contacts will automatically be transferred to my mum's phone after reset or replacement, so there is no need to save them anywhere else.

3.I don't believe this is possible, though maybe someone else has an idea.
hehe, I cannot believe it isn't possible to save internet browser favs to a Windows phone :shocked:

As far as the flickering, I don't have that issue.
Judging by the lack of response, nor does anyone else. I guess there's no need to worry, as these Lumia's have a two year warranty. It's just that the shop would probably replace the phone now, whereas a few months down the line, would insist on repair. The former is more attractive.

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks for the info!

Yes, I remember when my 620 was replaced, my contacts automatically appeared in my new phone. It's just when I went into my mum's skydrive account on her pc, I saw that only photos had been synced to it, not any contacts.

hehe, I cannot believe it isn't possible to save internet browser contacts to a Windows phone :shocked:

Judging by the lack of response, nor does anyone else. I guess there's no need to worry, as these Lumia's have a two year warranty. It's just that the shop would probably replace the phone now, whereas a few months down the line, would insist on repair. The former is more attractive.

If it bothers you, I would ask them to test it on a different one to see if it affect others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos