1020 Reboot / lockups

FCone

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Twice so far my Lumia 1020 has rebooted itself. Both times it was charging. In addition to this it has gone black and required a soft reset twice. Once while not in actual use and once while streaming Pandora. Anyone else experienced instability? My 920 was rock solid and this has me a little concerned.

Thanks,
Frank

EDIT: Found a similar thread, my apologies.

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Twice so far my Lumia 1020 has rebooted itself. Both times it was charging. In addition to this it has gone black and required a soft reset twice.

This is happening to me too. Did you find any resolution? I"m looking at the 7 pages of general 1020 issues and having troubles finding anything. I'm looking for that similar thread

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I found my tracker of reboots / freezes on my 1020. From 07/26 - 08/12 I had 3 reboots and 3 freezes.

From 08/12 - 09/17 I have had 0 reboots and 0 freezes.

I have had 2 power downs on my 2000 mile drive across the country last week. Both cases the phone display was on over 12 hours straight with GPS, Audible Running, and bluetooth connection to my car while the sun was shining on the phone during most of the drive through the windshield. I attribute both to stress and overheating.

capcom303

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 reboots itself without me doing anything. Biggest trouble is I will miss phone calls because it default to a 13 out of 30 for ringer volume so I don't hear it. And I've not been doing anything with the phone. If it is going to keep rebooting I might as well go back to my Blackberry. It stopped rebooting on it's own at least

sakendrick

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
My 1020 locks up on a black screen every night. Can't get out of it without soft reset. My concern is that if ever anyone is trying to get a hold of me urgently and my phone is inexplicably off, I'll miss that important call. This is my second 1020 - I believe I will return it for a third and if that has problems then I'll try a 920. I've emailed Nokia support and they never responded.

p7ayfu77

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think if ur having these sort of issues, my advice would be take it back to store and get it replaced. Don't wait for some magical fix, or the hope that it will wear itself in. Best done asap, if ur still within ur warranty period, have insurance or have recently purchased (up to 28 day) u should have a no quibble replacement. :)

Hope im not stating the obvious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786