Double tab to wake up phone in Lumia-620 not seen after flashing to GDR2,

Subin Abraham1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 620 using Nokia Software updater for Retail 3.0.8 and i found there is no FM radio ( Known fact coz of the chipset incompatibility ), double tap to wake is not working and i think they haven't implemented to it. So v ll get a new display and touch update which will fix double tap feature.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
as far as I know Super Sensitive touch is not software based, supporting hardware should be there which 620 lacks but 520 had this

and coming to double tap wake up, u need not to have super sensitive touch its software based like in N9, hence they can add later if its missing now

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had updated GDR2 to my Lumia 620, (thanks wpcentral forum members), Can some one know about how to get Double tab to wake up phone in Lumia-620, below are some screenshots of Lumia 620 with GDR2, I had updated my display + touch to latest version 1.6.2.23.

View attachment 39547
View attachment 39542
View attachment 39548
View attachment 39544
View attachment 39545
View attachment 39549
View attachment 39550
View attachment 39551
View attachment 39552
View attachment 39553
View attachment 39554
View attachment 39555
View attachment 39556

hope you enjoy lumia amber update. here is your answer to the question you have asked in this thread.no you wont get double tap to unlock coz lack of hardware, same as FM lack of hardware. You can enable glance. For those who are posting for 520 it will get double tap to unlock, FM but not glance because of poor display technology used in this device .If they enable it in l520, it will dramatically drain the battery. Nokia clearly stated that due to lack of hardware in 620 these 2 features of amber+gdr2 wont be available .lumia 720,820,920,925,928 and the latest flagship 1020 have these all these features enabled.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
L620 has tap to wake option after official OTA update but l520 doesn't get, check out in official website of nokia India.

read the nokia specification link with wide open eyes and remove your comment so as no one gets confused. Cockamamie please don't comment unless you have the complete information

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mr LKB himanshu, u said I've to open my eyes wide and see nokia specification rgt, now you use magnifying glass and check out the foot page of ABWP till u get double tap to wake option, there r list which Lumia device will get what options. So please mr LKB himanshu, don't just speak about anyone whatever you want to, just wait for it if not please don't speak something and this will be a request from me thank you.
http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/18176_In_depth_guide_to_whats_new_in.php

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Mr LKB himanshu, u said I've to open my eyes wide and see nokia specification rgt, now you use magnifying glass and check out the foot page of ABWP till u get double tap to wake option, there r list which Lumia device will get what options. So please mr LKB himanshu, don't just speak about anyone whatever you want to, just wait for it if not please don't speak something and this will be a request from me thank you.
What's new in the GDR2 and Lumia Amber Windows Phone updates?

get ur eye sight test coz the link that you have given is for lumia 925. read the fm radio line carefully " FM radio returns to Windows Phone with the GDR2 update. As on Windows Phone 7 devices, the FM radio is accessed via the Music+Videos hub. Do note that FM radio is not available on all phones as it requires a connection between the FM radio chipset " which is not present in l620.if it was then why cant u see the fm option in music hub. the files that you have flashed are the official one for 620.and plz this is not a official link of nokia. again read the link I attached. READ IT COMPLETELY BEFORE COMMENTING HERE Cockamamie .

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mr LKB himanshu don't mind, the link which I've shown go in that before taunting any person there is a image containing what all Lumia will get features don't just blabber without seeing it mr.SMK. U first go wit the link and please one request use MAGNIFYING GLASSES i think ur eyes is not in good condition lol.

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520 at&t users have got tap to wake after Amber update. According to that image posted above it says it doesnt. So clearly the content in the image is incorrect.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mr. LKB himanshu don't just speak something and all. Well anyways i confirmed with the nokia care. So need of just arguing with u who doesn't accept the fact anyways u r cookakemamieyaaaaaaa lol.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Lets hope to get in the OTA update dear friends, no need to argue.

But as for now there is no Double tap to wake for L620 with GDR2 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo