Double tab to wake up phone in Lumia-620 not seen after flashing to GDR2,

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
There's really not much point updating to amber if there isn't so many features. No double tap is a real bummer, nothing much for 620 users in amber

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There's really not much point updating to amber if there isn't so many features. No double tap is a real bummer, nothing much for 620 users in amber

ok you forgot nokia smart cam,video trimmer,ie html 5 improvements ,battery improvements ,call blocking,glance screen,colour profile. if you don't update your phone to gdr2 don't expect to update your phone to gd3 since u have to first install gdr2.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It is confirmed, It is official, Lumia 620 will not get double tab to wake up the phone, Thanks guys for sharing all,

Source : "Missing" new features in Amber? - Nokia Support Discussions

So, I was correct after all then with my original reply. Only the 8xx and 9xx devices are getting the double tap to wake feature.

I can understand people's disappointment with this but, considering the price point of the phones that are not getting this feature, there really shouldn't be any cause for complaint. Sorry guys, but "them's the breaks".

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Shivanjan Choudhury

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my Lumia 620 to GDR 2 through the Nokia Care Suite in India, have all the latest versions of Display + touch, accessories and other system apps, but could not find any update relating to amber update. Evrything remains the same as earlier, whereas the about section shows the firmware as 1030.6407.1308.0002, which is as shown in the nokia website Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my Lumia 620 to GDR 2 through the Nokia Care Suite in India, have all the latest versions of Display + touch, accessories and other system apps, but could not find any update relating to amber update. Evrything remains the same as earlier, whereas the about section shows the firmware as 1030.6407.1308.0002, which is as shown in the nokia website Availability in Asia Pacific - Nokia.

You flashed the same update your phone has I.e (GDR 1) update. Wait it will be officially launched via OTA. Have some patience. You waited for this update since 925 launched now wait a lil more.

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
ok you forgot nokia smart cam,video trimmer,ie html 5 improvements ,battery improvements ,call blocking,glance screen,colour profile. if you don't update your phone to gdr2 don't expect to update your phone to gd3 since u have to first install gdr2.

sorry, smart cam and video trimmer don't even need gdr 2. Good try though.
I never once said anything about gdr 3 and I wasn't even being literal about not updating my phone. Bummer.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
sorry, smart cam and video trimmer don't even need gdr 2. Good try though.
I never once said anything about gdr 3 and I wasn't even being literal about not updating my phone. Bummer.

Good try you can just install them. Try opening them on GDR 1. You will get a error that you need to update your phone software. Good try lol you should try this out boy.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok I lost do you want to beat me to death with your iPad now lol.

Lol na. Just installed iOS 7 beta 6 it's f----NG slow. They copied icons from Symbian and multitasking from windows phone 8. And quick googles from android. Apple is a copy cat. ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1377425157.004079.jpgImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1377425173.199728.jpg
I love windows phone fluid UI .

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow, see this: Nokia Lumia 620 Specifications - Nokia

Nokia website says that Lumia 620 DOES have Super Sensitive Touch. Can anyone with Amber confirm that the Super Sensitive Touch is available and does working with nails/gloves?

Also, the page says that Lumia 620 has IPS LCD. But I read somewhere that it's TFT. So which is true?

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Nokia website says that Lumia 620 DOES have Super Sensitive Touch. Can anyone with Amber confirm that the Super Sensitive Touch is available and does working with nails/gloves?

Also, the page says that Lumia 620 has IPS LCD. But I read somewhere that it's TFT. So which is true?

It works with gloves only if you tap or swipe really hard on the screen. No way near the 920, for example.

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Not sure about super sensitive touch but scrolling works with nails and gloves. There is an option to adjust touch sensitivity after amber update. Not sure about ips lcd either.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
The touch sensitivity option does nothing. I still can use the gloves (nowhere close to a 920) when it's set on normal or high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077