07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm gonna give this a shot. Somewhat scared.
    Good luck, and please let us know how it goes. :)
    08-13-2013 08:21 AM
    I'm glad that all is well. Did you flash Euro Dev or French ROM? Also, do you have internet sharing working?

I first flashed the rogers pre-portico then I flashed the euro dev. For the internet tethering it says I have to go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611. I only have a 300mb plan so I would never use it anyway lol but Nokia pro cam installed with a breeze didn't have to do a work around that I've read some people have had to do.
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-13-2013 09:24 AM
    Do you still have tethering? I even got the tethering plan and can't get it to work...
    Tethering still works fine, no problems. I just checked it now. Here's as screenshot of me using tethering, I'm the guest connected. And again, I do not have a tethering plan. This is on the French ROM with the Spanish Keyboard installed and then removed. Still works.

wp_ss_20130813_0002.jpg
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-13-2013 10:21 AM
    If you all are still having problems with tethering, you may have to reset. I flashed back to the supposed ATT dev rom fro here http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...s-dev-rom.html and now mine isn't working either. Think it's because didn't set up access point settings first, then reboot and install Spanish keyboard. And once its installed, it wont go though the whole download process again even if you choose to reinstall it.
    Last edited by kwill; 08-13-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    08-13-2013 10:55 AM
    Hmm, that's really weird. The phone bricked as it was doing OTA updates, not when flashing. Have you followed the steps in this thread? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-inside.html
    Very weird. I thing with that thread about a bricked phone is, in that example, the phone clearly has more life than mine has. In my case the phone appears unable to be communicated to by the PC. So while I tried to follow the flashing, since I already had ROMs. I tried to flash both the Pre-Portico and the French ROM but there was no response from the phone at all.

The question is, should I have downloaded the OTA updates after the new Rogers ROM was downloaded.
    08-13-2013 11:58 AM
    If you all are still having problems with tethering, you may have to reset. I flashed back to the supposed ATT dev rom fro here http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...s-dev-rom.html and now mine isn't working either. Think it's because didn't set up access point settings first, then reboot and install Spanish keyboard. And once its installed, it wont go though the whole download process again even if you choose to reinstall it.
    so you think that if you set up access point first, then reboot and install Spain keyboard, on the French ROM, the free tethering will work? Weird. Does anyone wanna try this?
    08-13-2013 12:35 PM
    Very weird. I thing with that thread about a bricked phone is, in that example, the phone clearly has more life than mine has. In my case the phone appears unable to be communicated to by the PC. So while I tried to follow the flashing, since I already had ROMs. I tried to flash both the Pre-Portico and the French ROM but there was no response from the phone at all.

The question is, should I have downloaded the OTA updates after the new Rogers ROM was downloaded.
    I did one OTA update on the pre-portico ROM. I hope that you can fix your device, sorry man.
    08-13-2013 12:37 PM
    My tethering didn't work after I completed the whole process. I did set up AT&T LTE-1 in Access Point before I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard to try and fix my tethering problem. My tethering has worked perfect ever since.
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-13-2013 01:59 PM
    My tethering didn't work after I completed the whole process. I did set up AT&T LTE-1 in Access Point before I installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard to try and fix my tethering problem. My tethering has worked perfect ever since.
    so it works now? Are you using the French amber rom? what data plan do you have on at&t?
    08-13-2013 03:01 PM
    Flashed to Amber last night. Took around 3 hours, but went smoothly thanks to the instructions from juan6996. Thanks for your help.
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-13-2013 03:15 PM
    Flashed to Amber last night. Took around 3 hours, but went smoothly thanks to the instructions from juan6996. Thanks for your help.
    No problem, I'm glad everything went smoothly. Could you chime in on your experience with internet sharing (tethering) after installing this rom? Like: what rom (euro dev or French) are you using? What data plan do you have on at&t? Did you get tethering to work? What steps if any did you follow to make it work? Thanks.
    08-13-2013 04:31 PM
    Sure...flashed as follows: Downloaded NCS and the two ROMs from your Skydrive link (30 minutes including NCS install), pre-portico Rogers ROM (5 minutes), one OTA update (1 hour), and French Amber ROM (5 minutes).
    Data plan: AT&T 2Gb family plan w/ tethering. Tethering still functions. No special tinkering...just went through settings and turned it on.
    Hope this helps.
    08-13-2013 04:47 PM
    Is anybody else finding their battery life has decreased with the GDR2/Amber update? My discharge rate used to be on average 6% and now it has almost doubled? I disabled the Peek and Double Tap features, but that didn't seem to help. Background apps are the same a before as I have not changed my app list after the flash update. Will search the forums again to see what other folks have done with a rapid battery drain.
    08-13-2013 04:56 PM
    My battery life seems vastly improved.
    08-13-2013 05:01 PM
    Is anybody else finding their battery life has decreased with the GDR2/Amber update? My discharge rate used to be on average 6% and now it has almost doubled? I disabled the Peek and Double Tap features, but that didn't seem to help. Background apps are the same a before as I have not changed my app list after the flash update. Will search the forums again to see what other folks have done with a rapid battery drain.
    hmmm I haven't experienced this yet...make sure to turn off NFC...saw that the was on after I flashed my 920. But that's strange, I have glance with peek on and double tap and my battery life is just fine.
    08-13-2013 05:01 PM
    Yeah - I have NFC enabled (like before)? I can disable it and test it out. Thanks. I must admit the peek and glance didn't seem to make a difference with battery life.
    trakman likes this.
    08-13-2013 05:06 PM
    Both downloaded RM-820 and RM-821 have a file "download errors.txt" that says:
    Sorry, there was a problem downloading some files from SkyDrive. Please try again.
    RM820_1232.2109.1242.1002_RETAIL_nam_canada_200_02_100347_prd_signed.ffu - https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7d285...ction=Download

this is happening when you try to download all 3 files at the same time (skydrive puts all 3 files into one zip file), my guess is that since these files are big its causing an issue at the time it merges them.

just download one file at a time.
    08-13-2013 06:11 PM
    I'm still on euro dev. And tethering isn't working. I downloaded the French rom and might flash it later today... Still debating.
    what is the difference between the Euro dev and the french rom ????
    08-13-2013 06:13 PM
    I'm not sure how long its gonna take. Plus you wont gate Data Sense and others. Read the "why" in my guide :D
    plus you will get OTA updates faster...
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-13-2013 06:16 PM
    Update: Got home today, and, tethering no longer works..even though it's a part of my data plan.
    08-13-2013 06:18 PM
    Yeah - I have NFC enabled (like before)? I can disable it and test it out. Thanks. I must admit the peek and glance didn't seem to make a difference with battery life.
    Thanks to the both of you. Is seems the French rom comes with tap + send enabled as default, and that impacts battery life alot. Will add this tip to the guide.
    08-13-2013 06:42 PM
    Update: Got home today, and, tethering no longer works..even though it's a part of my data plan.
    That is the case with me too. These are the downsides of flashing I guess. :/
    08-13-2013 06:43 PM
    what is the difference between the Euro dev and the french rom ????
    some people have reported success with free tethering on the French rom, but you will loose your backup as the cellular data doesn't work until you change access point settings.
    08-13-2013 06:45 PM
    some people have reported success with free tethering on the French rom, but you will loose your backup as the cellular data doesn't work until you change access point settings.
    I though you would probably get more features or the ability to side load programs with out having a dev account. which rom do you think will get updated faster for future updates ?? the french rom or dev rom ?
    08-13-2013 06:54 PM
    I though you would probably get more features or the ability to side load programs with out having a dev account. which rom do you think will get updated faster for future updates ?? the french rom or dev rom ?
    nope, sideloading requires a dev account regardless or ROM. Both of these got the amber update around the same time, but I would guess that euro dev gets updates faster in the future.
    08-13-2013 07:13 PM
1,173 ... 910111213 ...