07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    yeah, I extracted both in the products page, it recognizes rm-820 and show that its rogers. but doesn't show rm-821 to be present in the Products Support Tool. What do you mean by open? I mean I opened both the folders. RM-821 is still not showing up..
    you have to click file, then open product, then type in rm-821. It should show a red Lumia.
    08-17-2013 05:08 PM
    Am I missing something? I click "update list" and nothing happens. I have no choice to select the Rogers ROM or click start.

http://i.imgur.com/1RjReko.png
    can you post a screen shot of your products folder in file explorer please?
    08-17-2013 05:10 PM
    I've read through the entire thread but things have gotten very confusing over the last 4 or 5 pages. I have an AT&T L920 and I'm familiar with the flashing process but I just have a few comments:

1) I have downloaded the French Amber rom (RETAIL_eu_france_267) and the Euro Dev rom (RETAIL_eu_euro1_425). It is my understanding that both are Amber roms but the French rom is technically a global French rom and not a global English rom. It is also my understanding that the Euro Dev rom has all LTE bands unlocked and displays "L" instead of "4G".

Advantage: Euro Dev rom.

2) @juan6996, you first flashed using the Euro Dev rom in the beginning and you posted that you were able to sign-in with your MS ID and restore a backup using the Euro Dev rom. You then flashed the French rom and could not restore a backup due to wifi not being available in the beginning. It is my understanding that if I install the Euro Dev rom without installing the French rom, I will be able to restore a backup. I do not want to install everything manually as I have 6 email accounts, a crapload of sms and tons of apps!

Advantage: Euro Dev rom.

3) Tethering seems to be an issue. I have a AT&T mobile share plan which automatically includes tethering. I use this for my Surface RT and is a necessity. The majority have had success using the French rom and keyboard trick but has anyone successfully been able to tether using the Euro Dev rom?

Advantage: So far it's the French rom unless stated otherwise.

I think it's safe to assume that the Amber Euro Dev rom seems like the best rom to stick with unless tethering can not work.

juan6996 and everyone in this thread, thank you very much for all your efforts and experiences.
    ZkT likes this.
    08-17-2013 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the guide! works perfectly :) I am using my NL920 unlocked on T-Mobile without any issues. The new Nokia camera app is really impressive... The only tip I would add to your guide is to install the Nokia PC Suite because it will install the USB drivers that were missing after flashing the rm-820 file. Otherwise thanks a lot!
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-17-2013 07:28 PM
    Can I start from step 9 if my phone already is RM-821?
    08-17-2013 08:32 PM
    I did this with my unlocked ATT branded phone. Worked perfectly thank you!
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-17-2013 08:53 PM
    I used this guide to update my unlocked 920. I'm still scratching my head as to why I hadn't received an OTA. Thank you so much for this. It worked perfectly. ��
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-18-2013 02:17 AM
    I'm trying to updte my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 black to amber but stuck on the step 5. Product Support Tool does not allow me to click on programming as you see in the screenshot.
    Can anybody help me on this? I'm using the files shared on the skydrive
    2013-08-18-10_36_39-how-update-any-l920-gdr2_amber-13-easy-steps-page-16-windows-p.png
    08-18-2013 03:41 AM
    Wow. I flashed my phone using this finally after all the doubts. This is super legit. Love data sense and fm radio. And double tap to wake. Never using the the unlock key again 😊
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-18-2013 09:33 AM
    Wow. I flashed my phone using this finally after all the doubts. This is super legit. Love data sense and fm radio. And double tap to wake. Never using the the unlock key again 
    Glad you were able to get it working. :)
    08-18-2013 09:41 AM
    I'm trying to updte my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 black to amber but stuck on the step 5. Product Support Tool does not allow me to click on programming as you see in the screenshot.
    Can anybody help me on this? I'm using the files shared on the skydrive
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-18 10_36_39-How to update any L920 to GDR2_Amber in 13 easy steps! - Page 16 - Windows P.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	40503
    I've been trying to duplicate those circumstances, but it always lets me click programming... Is your phone plugged in? Try reinstalling NCS or using another computer.
    08-18-2013 09:42 AM
    Ok, so i have used amber for 3 days, faster, battery life seems to be improved, pro cam is awesome. I have not seen any issue until now I'm using an att unlocked in telcel carrier in Mexico. LTE is working as well the logo says 4g and tested speed with up to 20 Mb.

Double tap to wake is great.
    Something I did not like is that restoring my backup takes forever and some,apps hunged up and had to cancel them but,this nothing to do with amber,but the quantity of apps I had.

Like the option to set the pro cam as default camera app.
    I have not tried radio
    Tethering works perfect.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express
    08-18-2013 02:15 PM
    Ok, so i have used amber for 3 days, faster, battery life seems to be improved, pro cam is awesome. I have not seen any issue until now I'm using an att unlocked in telcel carrier in Mexico. LTE is working as well the logo says 4g and tested speed with up to 20 Mb.

Double tap to wake is great.
    Something I did not like is that restoring my backup takes forever and some,apps hunged up and had to cancel them but,this nothing to do with amber,but the quantity of apps I had.

Like the option to set the pro cam as default camera app.
    I have not tried radio
    Tethering works perfect.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express
    so you don't have any issues? Great :)
    08-18-2013 02:59 PM
    Wait, there's an option to set pro cam as the default camera app?
    08-18-2013 04:48 PM
    still haven't tried this. OTA on ATT-US will probably come over the next 1-2weeks is my guess. My question is: If I wait for the OTA, let the phone update, but then decide I want data sense and try whether I can get free tethering on my 3Gb plan, can I still go back and follow this guide to get the advantages of the FR rom?
    I know, I should just take my chances now. Too old and cautious now....
    08-18-2013 05:11 PM
    I have a few questions...

Will I still receive future OTA updates like GDR3 and so on or do I have to flash those?
    Will I receive updates for my apps or do I have to always manually check myself?

I would LOVE to flash this phone and get rid of ATT, but those things worry me a lot.

As soon as someone can confirm, I will do this NOW!

Thanks
    Last edited by jkrc717; 08-18-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    08-18-2013 05:31 PM
    Wait, there's an option to set pro cam as the default camera app?
    yup. Go to settings-> applications, then photos + camera. Btw, do you still have tethering working? :/
    08-18-2013 05:35 PM
    still haven't tried this. OTA on ATT-US will probably come over the next 1-2weeks is my guess. My question is: If I wait for the OTA, let the phone update, but then decide I want data sense and try whether I can get free tethering on my 3Gb plan, can I still go back and follow this guide to get the advantages of the FR rom?
    I know, I should just take my chances now. Too old and cautious now....
    yes, if you wait for the official amber OTA update on att, you should still be able to flash this ROM. I'm not a 100% sure though, because I haven't tried it due to obvious reasons. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    08-18-2013 05:37 PM
    I can't call through the wired headphones :/
    I could do it before flashing this rom... Any ideas about this?
    08-18-2013 09:48 PM
    How do I know which update is OTA update after flashing to RM820. Is it just one update? Im concerned because you said it takes a loooooooong time, but it seems to be going by pretty fast.

EDIT: It is taking awhile..mainly the preparing to do things processes

EDIT 2: It's been at preparing to install 100% for about 8 mins so far...this expected?
    Last edited by Khari Cowell; 08-18-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    08-18-2013 10:55 PM
    I'm kind of regretting the update to Euro Dev ROM to get GDR2. I work in IT and need tethering at times. Got the tethering to work for couple days by adding Spanish keyboard, but it's not working now. There is no way back to the AT&T stock ROM.
    08-18-2013 11:27 PM
    Thanks for the write up. I'm planning on doing this update. However, after carefully reading the instructions, I noticed that it doesn't specify when we can log into our microsoft live ID. The directions specifically say not to on this ROM. Does this mean that we don't even log into our live ID? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this.
    08-19-2013 01:24 AM
    Ok, you see you update first to rom from Canada on this one do not LOGON, just turn on WiFi and go straight to update thought OTA after you do OTA update you have to load French rom and them after your phone is updated with French rom then you can add your Windows id whenever you want since the French rom(rm821) is the one with amber
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express
    08-19-2013 01:39 AM
    Thanks for the write up. I'm planning on doing this update. However, after carefully reading the instructions, I noticed that it doesn't specify when we can log into our microsoft live ID. The directions specifically say not to on this ROM. Does this mean that we don't even log into our live ID? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this.
    you may log in on the amber ROM, not the Rogers ROM :)
    08-19-2013 09:11 AM
    I'm kind of regretting the update to Euro Dev ROM to get GDR2. I work in IT and need tethering at times. Got the tethering to work for couple days by adding Spanish keyboard, but it's not working now. There is no way back to the AT&T stock ROM.
    You can flash back to pre portico rogers and then flash back to att. Also if you wish to use internet sharing give the spanish keyboard another go but do not go back to access point after that
    08-19-2013 09:12 AM
1,173 ... 1415161718 ...