07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Guys, I CANT FIND Speech to Text, like in messaging and stuff. My dad's AT&T lumia 920 has it. mine doesn't after flashing this ROM. Please help. I didn't know I would lose a feature...
    That's weird.. Mine has it. Its in messaging, in the app bar, theres three buttons: send, attach, and speak.
    08-20-2013 09:00 PM
    That's weird.. Mine has it. Its in messaging, in the app bar, theres three buttons: send, attach, and speak.
    I get send, attach and switch (between text and Facebook) everything is turned on in my settings.
    08-20-2013 09:45 PM
    Guys, I CANT FIND Speech to Text, like in messaging and stuff. My dad's AT&T lumia 920 has it. mine doesn't after flashing this ROM. Please help. I didn't know I would lose a feature...
    All you have to do is press the Windows button to start speech. If anything is amiss it will drop you into the settings for speech. I had to install the English UK voice before mine would work.
    08-20-2013 11:04 PM
    All you have to do is press the Windows button to start speech. If anything is amiss it will drop you into the settings for speech. I had to install the English UK voice before mine would work.
    I meant Speech to Text in Messaging people etc..the option is just not there. I went into Settings>Speech, everything is enabled.
    08-20-2013 11:13 PM
    Isn't there like a unbranded global ROM? With all the functions and no restrictions? I just purchased a 920 to replace my Lumia 800 which died and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me in the upcoming weeks (Bought from Amazon and I'm outside of USA)..

And the first thing I want to do when I recieve it, is flash from it any 'rare' (asian-european) ROM it could come with. Replacing it with a clean GDR2 ROM.
    2 friends had that experience, bought phone from Amazon like me and they recieved phones with a lot of Chinese Rare Apps installed. If I get a phone like that too I want to flash it as fast as I can.

So, is there an unbranded global ROM? or something like that which isn't the French ROM? (which I guess comes default to French)
    08-21-2013 02:03 AM
    I just installed the euro dev rom. I've been testing it all evening and it looks like tethering is a no go. I downloaded the Arabic keyboard which updated the rom and tethering worked fine for a few hours (I don't think it's the Spanish kb in particular that will trick it). I started testing my mms and realized it wasn't working so I played around with the apn settings. My mms started working but tethering stopped. I probably only tether my Surface twice or 3 times a month anyway when I'm out of WiFi range. I have 2 lines on a mobile share plan so tethering is actually provisioned for my account. I was also having some intermittent WiFi issues but it only happed a couple of times in the beginning and hasn't happened since. But I guess this is the price you pay for an unbranded global rom.

So far, GDR2 and Amber is turning into a really nice updates. Photos kick **** and Pro Cam and Smart Cam are very nice apps. Data sense is just great! I think I'm happy overall.

Big thanks to Juan for everything!
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-21-2013 03:35 AM
    A cousin of mine bought an unlocked AT&T L920 from the US and he is now in India. So can I use the Indian Amber ROM instead of the French one?
    08-21-2013 04:10 AM
    A cousin of mine bought an unlocked AT&T L920 from the US and he is now in India. So can I use the Indian Amber ROM instead of the French one?
    Yes
    08-21-2013 09:45 AM
    Just curious, I updated to the Euro rom and now my Kid's Corner max volume is 13. It used to be 19. Are you guys getting the same max volume? Thanks.
    08-21-2013 10:17 AM
    @revfast I understand that how the signal is displayed has been modified, but when I'm in places I normally have full service, I get no service. I live in Boston and pretty much never had an issue with having anything but full service.
    08-21-2013 11:06 AM
    Isn't there like a unbranded global ROM? With all the functions and no restrictions? I just purchased a 920 to replace my Lumia 800 which died and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me in the upcoming weeks (Bought from Amazon and I'm outside of USA)..

And the first thing I want to do when I recieve it, is flash from it any 'rare' (asian-european) ROM it could come with. Replacing it with a clean GDR2 ROM.
    2 friends had that experience, bought phone from Amazon like me and they recieved phones with a lot of Chinese Rare Apps installed. If I get a phone like that too I want to flash it as fast as I can.

So, is there an unbranded global ROM? or something like that which isn't the French ROM? (which I guess comes default to French)
    You can flash the unbranded ROM from India
    08-21-2013 11:33 AM
    Not sure why, but after flashing the French rom, my screen no longer rotates. Anyone else with this issue?
    08-21-2013 06:15 PM
    Not sure why, but after flashing the French rom, my screen no longer rotates. Anyone else with this issue?
    had to reset it to get it to work again...
    08-21-2013 06:24 PM
    Hello ... Firstly, thank you for the rom guide .... just excellent ( hopefully, we will be able to continue to update this way for GDR3 and 8.1 etc ). Secondly, is there any way to remove the " French " from Nokia Music ? Thank you for expertise and time.
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-22-2013 09:39 AM
    Hello ... Firstly, thank you for the rom guide .... just excellent ( hopefully, we will be able to continue to update this way for GDR3 and 8.1 etc ). Secondly, is there any way to remove the " French " from Nokia Music ? Thank you for expertise and time.
    I'm glad you found it helpful! I don't know what you mean about the "French" in Nokia Music. Do you mean that the app menus are in French instead of English?
    08-22-2013 03:24 PM
    for example under my Nokia Music ....

MIX RADIO
    mixes

nokia all access tour

featured / a la lune
    artists rec / mixes de sta
    canadian / canadien

does " Nokia Music " use a GPS or IP location service ( I am in Canada currently ) and therefore infer languare ( Canada being bi-lingual English / French )

also, and I guess this a question I should have asked before flashing ... do you think we will be able to upgrade in the future as well ? in other words, will this ROM be a one off ... un-upgradeble ?

As usual, thanks for your expertise ... we all appreciate it.
    08-22-2013 03:41 PM
    Hmm, that's weird. Mine is in English, but I'm in the United States. Nokia Music does have a location service, used to locate "gigs" near you. You could try turning the location service off in the app settings. Also, do you have English in phone language under
    language + region in settings? Alternatively, you could try reinstalling the app. Good luck.

As far as future OTA updates, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that we will receive OTA updates as soon as unbranded French Lumia 920s get them.
    08-22-2013 03:52 PM
    I started this " journey " with a Rogers branded 920 .... do you think I could flash back ?

Again, thanks for your help.
    08-22-2013 06:45 PM
    I just installed the euro dev rom. I've been testing it all evening and it looks like tethering is a no go. I downloaded the Arabic keyboard which updated the rom and tethering worked fine for a few hours (I don't think it's the Spanish kb in particular that will trick it). I started testing my mms and realized it wasn't working so I played around with the apn settings. My mms started working but tethering stopped. I probably only tether my Surface twice or 3 times a month anyway when I'm out of WiFi range. I have 2 lines on a mobile share plan so tethering is actually provisioned for my account. I was also having some intermittent WiFi issues but it only happed a couple of times in the beginning and hasn't happened since. But I guess this is the price you pay for an unbranded global rom.

So far, GDR2 and Amber is turning into a really nice updates. Photos kick **** and Pro Cam and Smart Cam are very nice apps. Data sense is just great! I think I'm happy overall.

Big thanks to Juan for everything!
    Tethering is not reliable for me with Euro and French ROM. It disconnects from time to time. I am getting drop calls very frequently that I never had before with stock AT&T ROM.
    08-22-2013 08:14 PM
    Tethering is not reliable for me with Euro and French ROM. It disconnects from time to time. I am getting drop calls very frequently that I never had before with stock AT&T ROM.
    I'm sorry to hear that...

Forgetting the tethering issue, I'm actually quite happy with the Euro Dev rom! Boot up is extremely quick and, I doubt the radio firmware was changed, but I'm actually getting better service in areas where I wouldn't have any. The AT&T rom would always try to hold on to an LTE signal and it would be impossible to browse the web or use an app. Now the Euro Dev rom will switch more to H+ if it detects a weak LTE signal and actually make the phone usable.

There are supposedly newer updated Amber roms from Australia that are unbranded from this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-download.html

Australia uses different LTE bands so LTE may/may not work on AT&T phones. You can try to flash it to see if it helps you. Personally, I don't think you'd get any better results than the Euro Dev rom for now.
    08-23-2013 12:20 AM
    want to thank juan6996 for the guide
    it was a little tricky for me when you have to connect the phone and hold the power and volume down button. eventually i got it and the update went through very quickly.
    booted up to a french screen, managed my way through that and got it to english. had to reinstall the apps and so on. i got some weird store error that turned out to be a few nokia apps that needed updates etc, and a few were longer available. it can be hard to figure out which app is which. one way through it is to long press on the app and share, and email yourself a link on the phone which then opens in the store and from there you can get the update. and by process of elimination you can delete/cancel the install for the apps no longer in the store, eg. Nokia QR and Nokia App social highlights.
    i have flip to silence, glance, double tap to wake, the new camera apps installed etc and sms blocking. all in all a great update for the phone. seems to be a tad faster though that might be my imagination.
    08-23-2013 11:43 AM
    want to thank juan6996 for the guide
    it was a little tricky for me when you have to connect the phone and hold the power and volume down button. eventually i got it and the update went through very quickly.
    booted up to a french screen, managed my way through that and got it to english. had to reinstall the apps and so on. i got some weird store error that turned out to be a few nokia apps that needed updates etc, and a few were longer available. it can be hard to figure out which app is which. one way through it is to long press on the app and share, and email yourself a link on the phone which then opens in the store and from there you can get the update. and by process of elimination you can delete/cancel the install for the apps no longer in the store, eg. Nokia QR and Nokia App social highlights.
    i have flip to silence, glance, double tap to wake, the new camera apps installed etc and sms blocking. all in all a great update for the phone. seems to be a tad faster though that might be my imagination.
    Another way to quickly reinstall apps is to do it from your computer on the web, Go to the store, and locate your "purchased" apps. then go down the line and click install on the ones you want back, they will queue and install on your phone almost immediately.
    08-23-2013 03:23 PM
    Trying using the AT&T/Canadian Dev Rom, 059R2L5. I am currently on it and have no problems with tethering and no dropped calls.
    08-23-2013 03:49 PM
    Trying using the AT&T/Canadian Dev Rom, 059R2L5. I am currently on it and have no problems with tethering and no dropped calls.
    I'll give it a try. Are you using 059R2L5 v034 or 059R2L5 v041 ?
    08-23-2013 08:45 PM
    I started this " journey " with a Rogers branded 920 .... do you think I could flash back ?

Again, thanks for your help.
    Yes you can but I would suggest you to stick with the stock GDR2 ROM from Rogers
    08-23-2013 08:53 PM
1,173 ... 1617181920 ...