07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 12345 ...
tools
    Are old SMS messages still synced to your phone after doing this with an ATT phone? What about future OTAs?
    yes. When you set up your phone, make sure that you sign in right away. It will give you the option to restore from the backup in the cloud. All apps and texts and settings are then reinstalled on the new rom. App data is lost.
    DaveGx and shzero0 like this.
    08-10-2013 08:52 AM
    Are old SMS messages still synced to your phone after doing this with an ATT phone? What about future OTAs?
    As far as I know, the SMS messages will still be synced to your outlook.com account (someone please correct me if I am wrong). I am also wondering about future OTA's.
    juan6996 and DaveGx like this.
    08-10-2013 08:52 AM
    Just getting ready to go through with all of this.. Couple questions that I'm still unsure of. So you guys are confirming that LTE speeds are where they should be? Will this kill the ability to OTA update down the road? And are there any differences between at&t's firmware and the eu dev one other than maybe keyboard settings and time zones?
    yes, after you're done flashing, open access point in settings, and choose "LTE 1 - Lumia". You should get a little "L" symbol next to signal strength, this stands for LTE. As for speeds, I'm getting close to 40mb/s, so I'm pretty sure that its LTE. The ota updates in the future will come from from the euro dev updates. They should come faster than att, and you can always flash back if you want. All keyboard/region/language differences can be changed in settings.
    08-10-2013 08:56 AM
    Thanks for that info. One thing though. Lets say we want to go back to an ATT ROM at some point. Are we going to have to hope there's a downloadable ROM outside the Nokia Suit to be able to do it? Since in this case, we can't just download these ROMs from Nokia Suite since our current ROMs are ATT. Afterwards, our phones won't show as ATT anymore, so I'm assuming if we flash this, the only way to go back to ATT is to download a ROM, if available, from the internet somewhere. Am I right about this?

Oh, and I guess we will lose ability to use ATT Locker too right?
    08-10-2013 09:02 AM
    Thanks for that info. One thing though. Lets say we want to go back to an ATT ROM at some point. Are we going to have to hope there's a downloadable ROM outside the Nokia Suit to be able to do it? Since in this case, we can't just download these ROMs from Nokia Suite since our current ROMs are ATT. Afterwards, our phones won't show as ATT anymore, so I'm assuming if we flash this, the only way to go back to ATT is to download a ROM, if available, from the internet somewhere. Am I right about this?

Oh, and I guess we will lose ATT Locker too right?
    when you want to go back to the ATT rom, just open the product support tool, click tools, click firmware download, type in the att Lumia 920 predict code, and download the firmware. If it doesn't install, install the Rogers rom, and then the att rom. Also, all AT&T carrier apps still show in the store as "AT&T featured". Cartier apps on WP depend on the sim card that the phone is using to connect to the network, not the firmware. I can download ATT Locker and I've already downloaded myAT&T (family plan).
    DaveGx likes this.
    08-10-2013 09:07 AM
    ANyone else having issues downloading the Euro rom? Link doesnt seem to work. Tries to connect then fails
    08-10-2013 09:20 AM
    I will look into it now.
    08-10-2013 09:23 AM
    First post updated with fixes on the method and added FAQs.
    08-10-2013 09:23 AM
    I will look into it now.
    Im downloading a version that was in another thread, from a torrent. I assume its the same file ? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...load-link.html
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-10-2013 09:27 AM
    ANyone else having issues downloading the Euro rom? Link doesnt seem to work. Tries to connect then fails
    It appears that mega.co.nz is down. Here's a torrent link: http://www.veganovus.co.uk/RM-821%20L920%20Amber.zip Make sure that you have uTorrent or another bit torrent client for it to download.
    DaveGx likes this.
    08-10-2013 09:28 AM
    I have unlocked At&t Nokia Lumia 920. I am just curious to know, after following this process, my mobile will be still unlocked? I am using lycamobile sim in USA on my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920, will I be able to continue to use Lycamobile sim?

Please suggest.
    Yes, your phone will still be unlocked. Flashing firmware has no effect on the sim-unlock.
    KiranKumarS likes this.
    08-10-2013 09:45 AM
    Not sure if I'm just crazy after staying up so late doing this.. But I'm on Amber. :) And here is the funny thing.. My LTE speeds went from 30down/8up to now 52down/16up in Amber. I am content.
    Its probably because its late at night and everyone's asleep, so the network has less traffic. Lol.
    08-10-2013 09:50 AM
    Nevermind. Figured it out.
    08-10-2013 10:32 AM
    Well I have decided to take the plunge and go with the Amber Euro rom. We shall see how it turns out. The only "data" I don't want to lose is my music, so I am backing that up first thing to a folder on the comp. Have no feel for how well the XBOX music cloud sync works with a restore, so I figure it's worth the extra time to have a copy in case. Bye Bye (and good riddance) ATT splash screen. Now if I could only get that dumb logo off the front of the device!
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-10-2013 10:36 AM
    All flashing complete. Booting up Amber. You know, that OTA update on Rogers really didnt take as long as I thought it would. Once it was downloaded, it went rather quick.

Im at the Restore phone portion. One option is the Rogers ROM and then dont restore. I wasnt on the Rogers ROM long enough to see if my SMS messages synced so Im assuming this really does nothing for me. But if I choose dont restore, can I still get old SMS messages or no? Dang it. I dont get the "cloud" option because you have to sign in and go through the steps before you can turn wifi on. So I guess I might be screwed at this point.
    08-10-2013 10:48 AM
    Nevermind. Figured it out.
    what was the problem? (so that others may learn from it)
    08-10-2013 10:52 AM
    tempting. if I get too bored tonight I may try this.....
    08-10-2013 11:40 AM
    what was the problem? (so that others may learn from it)
    I had to remove the letters/numbers_ before RM821 on all files, not just one.
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-10-2013 11:50 AM
    All flashing complete. Booting up Amber. You know, that OTA update on Rogers really didnt take as long as I thought it would. Once it was downloaded, it went rather quick.

Im at the Restore phone portion. One option is the Rogers ROM and then dont restore. I wasnt on the Rogers ROM long enough to see if my SMS messages synced so Im assuming this really does nothing for me. But if I choose dont restore, can I still get old SMS messages or no? Dang it. I dont get the "cloud" option because you have to sign in and go through the steps before you can turn wifi on. So I guess I might be screwed at this point.
    Your SMS messages should sync, I didn't restore once after a hard rest as I didn't have the time for it install the apps. Once I had signed into the MS account and synced, after while all the sms messages were downloaded onto my phone.
    juan6996 and DaveGx like this.
    08-10-2013 11:54 AM
    I had to remove the letters/numbers_ before RM821 on all files, not just one.
    Thanks DaveGx. I have now updated the first post with a direct download link to the pre-portico ROM, with all files renamed and ready to go! Gonna do the same with NCS and Amber ROM, save them on my Skydrive for easier downloading. Please tell me if it works.
    08-10-2013 12:06 PM
    Your SMS messages should sync, I didn't restore once after a hard rest as I didn't have the time for it install the apps. Once I had signed into the MS account and synced, after while all the sms messages were downloaded onto my phone.
    You're right, they did sync. I kinda lost everything else, which is fine. I dont have any issue with downloading apps and what not again. So far, everything is working great. Thanks again to Juan6996 and everyone else in this thread. Its nice to not have to wait for carriers to get an update out at their leisure. I really wish they could do something to speed up the process and make it more efficient. But since ATT isnt moving fast to allow data sense, I guess at this point they can take as long as they want, if we can continue to use other ROMs to get our phones up to date, while getting all the goodies that some carriers leave out.
    juan6996 and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-10-2013 12:07 PM
    Update: All necessary files have been uploaded to my Skydrive for easy access. Please confirm that the links and downloads work.
    Games Goblin likes this.
    08-10-2013 12:17 PM
    are the rm-820 files supposed to be 53kb all together? Thats all im getting from that skydrive folder.
    08-10-2013 12:27 PM
    Thanks mate.. I flashed my mobile and I love the updates... Thanks for all your help and steps..
    juan6996 likes this.
    08-10-2013 12:27 PM
    juan6996,

With this amber update, double tap is not working on my mobile? is it available part of this update?
    08-10-2013 12:35 PM
1,173 12345 ...