07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I don't see a reason for why the app would stop working on this ROM. I have downloaded the app, and was able to connect.
    I figured it out, it was a problem I was having with OnStar. Thanks.
    juan6996 likes this.
    09-26-2013 05:59 PM
    Okay, I'm missing something...probably something small and obvious.

I downloaded all three files, extracted the installer, ran it, then I copied over the "usergroupsconfiguration.cfg" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0" (not that it seems to matter, as I'm having problems even when I use the default file).
    I extracted both FW files to "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages".

I open the "Nokia Care Suite" then open "Product Support Tool For Store 5.0", go offline, select "RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)" then go to "Programming -> Recovery" and the list is empty. If I click "Update list" it remains empty.

What am I doing wrong?
    09-26-2013 07:27 PM

I downloaded all three files, extracted the installer, ran it, then I copied over the "usergroupsconfiguration.cfg" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0" (not that it seems to matter, as I'm having problems even when I use the default file).

I open the "Nokia Care Suite" then open "Product Support Tool For Store 5.0", go offline, select "RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920)" then go to "Programming -> Recovery" and the list is empty. If I click "Update list" it remains empty.

What am I doing wrong?
    Point it to the rm-820 folder and it should find it
    09-26-2013 08:07 PM
    So I read you cant do full restore with an ATT 920 on ATT, but what about if one has an ATT 920 on T-Mobile???
    09-26-2013 08:15 PM
    Point it to the rm-820 folder and it should find it
    How do I do that? I see under File>Preferences that the "Package download path" is set to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products already.
    09-26-2013 08:25 PM
    I believe there is a browse button there not entirely sure since I'm not in front on my computer. But in that preferences menu I believe it does say browse where you can change the path name

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2013 09:41 PM
    i am not able to install nokia suite,can u plz help
    09-28-2013 12:21 AM
    Well, I bit the bullet and flashed my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 (on Softbank in Japan) and all went well.

Thanks for the great instructions. Followed to the letter and there were no surprises. Now I can be reasonably certain GDR3 will arrive on schedule.
    HeavyHanded and xandros9 like this.
    09-28-2013 11:27 AM
    You need to create a folder within the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages called Products. o the whole URL where you will place the RM files should read:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products

once you do this, your files will show up in the Nokia Care.
    09-28-2013 11:33 AM
    So I read you cant do full restore with an ATT 920 on ATT, but what about if one has an ATT 920 on T-Mobile???

anyone on this?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2013 12:11 PM
    You need to create a folder within the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages called Products. o the whole URL where you will place the RM files should read:

C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products

once you do this, your files will show up in the Nokia Care.
    I have that folder there and I placed the rm-820 & the rm-821 folders there. They don't show up for me.
    09-28-2013 12:16 PM
    Much thanks! Flashed my 920 this morning using this thread and it works like a dream.
    09-28-2013 03:25 PM
    anyone on this?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    While I'm no expert, I would think that the current carrier does not make a difference in its flashability.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    09-28-2013 03:43 PM
    Worked flawlessly. One heads up for everyone, you literally only have to hold volume down until you feel the phone vibrate.

Lumina 920 USA ATT
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-28-2013 04:02 PM

What am I doing wrong?
    I did the same, make sure the folders in C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\ contain the data and not another folder.

gdr2-package-folder.png
    Last edited by DiGzNY; 09-28-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added screenshot
    09-28-2013 04:08 PM
    I have that folder there and I placed the rm-820 & the rm-821 folders there. They don't show up for me.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2150917
    09-28-2013 04:29 PM
    i am not able to install nokia suite,can u plz help
    What OS? I had to add .net using Windows add\remove features to get it to install correctly. Ran the troubleshooter on the .exe to find out what was needed after it failed.
    09-28-2013 04:31 PM
    Worked flawlessly. One heads up for everyone, you literally only have to hold volume down until you feel the phone vibrate.

Lumina 920 USA ATT
    Lol, I don't even have to press volume down button, just press the Retry button on NCS on computer and it will boot up to flash mode. Currently using AT&T dev rom with tethering working, but I am looking for a way to get back to stock AT&T stock ROM. Prefer the radio on stock ROM.
    09-28-2013 07:03 PM
    While I'm no expert, I would think that the current carrier does not make a difference in its flashability.
    I understand that, the OP said you cannot do a restore because of the need to get LTE. Im just wondering if since I am unlocked on Tmobile and not worried about ATT LTE, if I chance screwwing anything up by doing a restore
    09-28-2013 10:04 PM
    Well, when in doubt, delete & restart. :p

I deleted the "Packages" folder in C:\ProgramData\Nokia then created Packages\Products and was able to install both ROMs without issue. I just finished restoring my settings on the French Amber ROM and am moving along now. Thanks for the guide, Juan!!!

So, if I want to enable tethering with AT&T I need to use LTE 2, but why the need for the Spanish keyboard?
    09-28-2013 10:40 PM
    OMG I just flashed my device using this method and WOW why did I wait so long to do this?! Works so well! Screw AT&T!
    juan6996 likes this.
    09-28-2013 11:16 PM
    Has anyone with an unlocked 920 running on US Tmobile done the update and a full restore of your info
    09-28-2013 11:55 PM
    OMG I just flashed my device using this method and WOW why did I wait so long to do this?! Works so well! Screw AT&T!
    I flashed my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 this afternoon using this guide, and it works perfectly. I can't believe I waited this long also. I got all the features working. I even have the Pro Cam app installed and working also (using Fiddler proxy method). Speeds are great, call quality is what it is supposed to be, no AT&T boot logo, etc. Thanks for the guide and more importantly, AT&T weren't able to decide what updates I am getting.
    juan6996 likes this.
    09-29-2013 12:06 AM
    Also note how your unzip it.

I used Alzip which I love, but chose for it to save to the folder. So I would up with rm-820\rm-820\files~ etc. In other words, an rm-xxx folder inside the rm-xxx folder. If that happens, just select all the files and move them up a level so they sit in the first rm-xxx folders. Funny how these little details are what will trip you up. There should be nothing unique about your PC or folder structure that should make them invisible to the program, provided they are exactly in the right spot.
    09-29-2013 03:57 AM
    And I echo the others: This was relatively painless. The biggest thing is the anxiety every time it rebooted (LOL) and the pain of reinstalling apps. But to be honest, it has lead me to a much cleaner device, having left out the apps I really don't use, and due to the fact it jettisoned most my media files which were hogging so much space. I went from about 3.5GB available to 19.5GB even after moving a bunch of my cameral roll pics back from SkyDrive.

That is another great thing. With hardly any effort, having backed up all my messaging threads, contacts, etc. all populated in moments. My Family Room and my groups all intact. MS really is getting their act together in that regard. My Sim card was set up except for the Internet APN and Glance, which seems such a small thing, is actually quite cool. I have warmed nicely to double-tap to wake the device.
    09-29-2013 04:02 AM
1,173 ... 2930313233 ...