07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Goin' on 37 minutes now with "checking for updates...". Had a heck of a time getting it to stay connected to my wifi, but now I'm getting concerned that I'll run out of battery. Will plugging the phone in to power hurt the process, or just to power via a pc/usb? Thanks!
    yeah, it takes quite a long time. You should be fine plugging in your phone.
    10-01-2013 05:40 PM
    i got an error when doing the phone update after flashing the rm-820...i go to the software update section and it downloads the updates, but when it attempts to install it gives an error and says it cant install the update...any ideas??

also tried restarting the phone, and downloading the update again...still, didnt work, downloads the entire update then it got to 99% on the installation and jumped back down to 95% and stalled...

maybe without my sim it will work? idk if its because of the region differences between the rm-820 rom and the stock att rom?
    Last edited by h11wiscan; 10-01-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    10-01-2013 08:30 PM
    how do you tell the field test is working or not? I tried to see whether mine is working properly with juan6996's SkyDrive French rom and don't know how to interpret the result.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20131001_0003.png  
    Last edited by loveleo; 10-01-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    10-01-2013 08:41 PM
    have you gotten it to work?
    Do we get GDR3 as a straight up update or do we have to reflash? What about that update that unlocked Nokia across europe are getting?
    Thanks for the help
    10-01-2013 09:24 PM
    finally got past the update screen, was doing the entire update process on the phone and then it was booting up and i got the gears.... =/

i figured that always happens during updates but how long does it take?? did it hang up on you guys like the factory reset? how long should i wait until I try doing a hard reset?
    10-01-2013 09:31 PM
    how do you tell the field test is working or not? I tried to see whether mine is working properly with juan6996's SkyDrive French rom and don't know how to interpret the result.
    You are in Field Test so it is working
    10-01-2013 11:51 PM
    I did it. It worked flawlessly. It was easier than I thought. Thanks, Juan for your tutorial.
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-02-2013 08:53 AM
    0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
    I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help
    10-02-2013 11:22 AM
    0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.
    I m getting the following error while flashing to rm-821 indian whilte..plz help
    10-02-2013 11:22 AM
    Just finished it...was worried it didnt work a couple times...if you are patient, read, re-read, and double check your steps, you will get it.

Also BE PATIENT.

Thanks Juan!! Awesome work.
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-02-2013 03:29 PM
    Worked perfectly, just took a while. I'm on ATT and i have the roaming symbol using ATT LTE 1, I assume that'll always be there?
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-02-2013 07:03 PM
    Had the same thing after completing the flash. After switching to LTE2, then setting my max speed to 4G (under cellular), THEN going back to LTE1 the roaming symbol disappeared. Not sure why, but might be worth a shot.
    10-02-2013 08:03 PM
    i'm on AT&T with a year old phone, so i'm not too worried about warranty issues. AT&T had its head in the sand, so mostly i'm interested in unlocking the new features that my device can handle, such as FM radio and improved camera software.

any easy options that don't involve intentionally bricking my phone for a replacement?
    10-02-2013 11:00 PM
    to those who updated to Rogers Amber/GDR2, are you still seeing a Rogers boot logo? I flashed pre-portico, did the update to portico and then flashed the latest Rogers Amber/GDR2 available through NCS. The Rogers boot logo disappeared. It goes straight from Nokia to WP boot logo.
    10-03-2013 11:53 AM
    Hey, i can't get any further than step 5. Nothing happens when I click "update list". Am I missing anything here?
    10-03-2013 02:51 PM
    Hey, i can't get any further than step 5. Nothing happens when I click "update list". Am I missing anything here?
    Same thing happened to me. I resolved it by I deleting "Packages" folder in C:\ProgramData\Nokia, re-creating the Packages\Products folders, and rebooting.
    Henrique Licori likes this.
    10-03-2013 05:44 PM
    I'll try asap, thanks a lot!
    10-03-2013 08:22 PM
    to those who updated to Rogers Amber/GDR2, are you still seeing a Rogers boot logo? I flashed pre-portico, did the update to portico and then flashed the latest Rogers Amber/GDR2 available through NCS. The Rogers boot logo disappeared. It goes straight from Nokia to WP boot logo.
    No Rogers splash screen on my phone or my wife's. I used NCS to update to the Rogers Amber firmware instead of using the OTA.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-03-2013 08:52 PM
    I got the RM-820 to install but when I go try to do the 'updates' in the phone settings it just sits at Checking for Updates. I even tried rebooting the phone and it does the same thing. I am connected to wifi. Any ideas or just it normally stay there for a very long time?
    10-04-2013 01:51 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I resolved it by I deleting "Packages" folder in C:\ProgramData\Nokia, re-creating the Packages\Products folders, and rebooting.
    Make sure the rm-820 and rm-821 are not two folders deep. In mine I had to move the files into the first rm-820 and rm-821 folders since they where in the 2nd one (not sure why the zip file has them two deep like that)
    10-04-2013 01:52 AM
    I got the RM-820 to install but when I go try to do the 'updates' in the phone settings it just sits at Checking for Updates. I even tried rebooting the phone and it does the same thing. I am connected to wifi. Any ideas or just it normally stay there for a very long time?
    for some it took more than 30min. Leave it there and be patient. For me it continued after 15min-20min. It takes a loooong time...(by the time I write this you probably figures this out already).
    10-04-2013 03:40 AM
    I also struggled with getting the phone to see the update. In my case it seemed that the phone was jumping between wifi and cell data while searching, ultimately coming back with a "cannot find" or "cannot connect" error after 10-20 minutes. I put the phone into airplane mode, then switched on wifi. The search still took approx 30 minutes but didn't drop out anymore.
    10-04-2013 11:37 AM
    just FYI...

while loyal ATT customers are still waiting for their Amber update on their nokia 920....

Moto X camera fix begins rolling out to AT&T-branded devices

just DAYS after a bug was reported with the MotoX's camera, att tested, approved, and deployed an update. albeit a minor update, it still speaks volumes who att treats better. Apple and android phone users seem to get the best care while Windows Phone (and Blackberry currently) users are bottom of the importance list, unless you purchase their expensive Nokia 1020. Which i feel will eventually get the same treatment as we have when it comes to updates. We Windows Phone adopters/users are a thinly spread out breed, but we can see quality and the struggle Microsoft is putting up with to be different.
    oh and be warned, coming from a former iphone user and the struggle i had to go through to get rid of it and switch to Windows Phone (not an easy process with ATT). once you buy an iphone, you are STUCK with iphone only upgrades. that's right, you can only upgrade to another iphone during your early upgrade eligibility. unless you buy a different phone FULL retail price.
    the route i HAD to take, because apparently paying to cancel your contract with the early termination fee, and starting up a new account is considered fraud to them. smh. I had to trade-in my iphone 5 to cover the cost of the ETF, $277, and have my wife start up a new account in her name. she than transfered her # and iphone 5 to the new account (which she now regrets after seeing my Nokia in action :)), i had to get a new number, and had to pay a $35 activation fee for each phone. I even attempted to pay the monthly fee via ATT Next option...which ended up not being an option....rules and stipulations that were not told, posted, or shown, until you TRY to get that offer. ATT customer services blows, but in my area, the coverage is just too great to let go of.
    10-04-2013 05:36 PM
    So one thing that I do miss is that after installing the French ROM I don't have the AT&T notification tones (one of which I really liked to use for SMS/MMS).

Does anyone know if I can add them to my phone (or even other notifications)? If so, how? I don't like these stock ones much.
    10-04-2013 05:52 PM
    in youtube vids and posts i've noticed Amber updates with Apps list with the alphabet in it, apps beginning with A under "A"...etc. does anyone else have this "feature"? i don't.
    10-04-2013 06:07 PM
1,173 ... 3233343536 ...