07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    in youtube vids and posts i've noticed Amber updates with Apps list with the alphabet in it, apps beginning with A under "A"...etc. does anyone else have this "feature"? i don't.
    this has been a part of windows phone since version 7. Its enabled automatically when you have a certain number of apps installed.
    10-04-2013 06:58 PM
    this has been a part of windows phone since version 7. Its enabled automatically when you have a certain number of apps installed.
    I think that magic number is >45 or close to that.
    However, once you have the alphabet picker you won't lose it anymore even if you go below an app count of 45 (at least not on mine).
    juan6996, asiancuta and xandros9 like this.
    10-04-2013 09:48 PM
    I would like to thank the OP and all of those who contributed to this process. It has made using my 920 a whole lot easier and fun! I had to do a little improvisation after the procedure, but that's probably because I skipped a step or two. I'm totally lovin' it. Thanks, again...Will
    10-05-2013 05:30 AM
    However, once you have the alphabet picker you won't lose it anymore even if you go below an app count of 45 (at least not on mine).
    yeah, I wish it automatically disappeared if I uninstalled enough apps. I'm always conscious not to download alot of apps for that very reason, but sometimes you get careless...
    10-05-2013 06:44 AM
    I've got this installed and working and I selected AT&T LTE 1 network profile, however my speeds are nowhere near LTE, I'm getting 9mb by 11mb. Also the speed test software indicates I'm on 4G network which around here isn't the same as LTE. Is there something else I can look for to find out why its staying on 4G? (and says 4G in the status bar)
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-05-2013 12:24 PM
    I've got this installed and working and I selected AT&T LTE 1 network profile, however my speeds are nowhere near LTE, I'm getting 9mb by 11mb. Also the speed test software indicates I'm on 4G network which around here isn't the same as LTE. Is there something else I can look for to find out why its staying on 4G? (and says 4G in the status bar)
    On the French ROM, there is no LTE symbol built in because LTE isn't widely used in France. However, you should be connected to LTE. Could you install the "Insider Pro" app from the Store and tell me what network it says that you're connected to?
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-05-2013 12:42 PM
    On the French ROM, there is no LTE symbol built in because LTE isn't widely used in France. However, you should be connected to LTE. Could you install the "Insider Pro" app from the Store and tell me what network it says that you're connected to?
    That one isn't free so I found another that is.. It appears to indicate two networks. One is Cellular_LTE w/ 75Mbps bandwidth and the other is Ethernet.
    10-05-2013 01:01 PM
    That one isn't free so I found another that is.. It appears to indicate two networks. One is Cellular_LTE w/ 75Mbps bandwidth and the other is Ethernet.
    ok, then you are connected to LTE. Connection speeds can vary according to many factors, like time, location, etc.
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-05-2013 01:03 PM
    This may seem like a stupid question and may have already been addressed (and I apologize if it has), but if I were to follow through with this ROM Flash would all my apps and texts be restored?
    10-05-2013 01:19 PM
    This may seem like a stupid question and may have already been addressed (and I apologize if it has), but if I were to follow through with this ROM Flash would all my apps and texts be restored?
    Texts would be restored when you sign in after initial set-up. You can redownload paid and free apps, but they won't be reinstalled automatically. All app data (app settings/game progress, etc) would be lost. However, Windowsphone.com has a page that tells you what apps you've downloaded, which makes reinstalling them easier.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-05-2013 01:28 PM
    Texts would be restored when you sign in after initial set-up. You can redownload paid and free apps, but they won't be reinstalled automatically. All app data (app settings/game progress, etc) would be lost. However, Windowsphone.com has a page that tells you what apps you've downloaded, which makes reinstalling them easier.
    After I logged back in w/ my Microsoft account it actually put icons for all my old apps with a 'pending' indicator. All I had to do is go through and click them and start downloading. As far as I can tell I did not loose anything other than certain in-app info like game scores etc.
    10-05-2013 01:48 PM
    ahhhhh...ok :) thanks guys :) I have yet to need that many apps...yet. :)
    10-05-2013 04:24 PM
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM-820_059Q6W4_1232.2109.1242.1002_039.vpl has invalid signature. I am getting this error when starting the roger rom for flashing. Can some one assist me ??
    10-05-2013 04:51 PM
    Managed to get Amber and to be rid of AT&T, thanks a lot! But one more question, I couldn't restore from backup when I was setting it up on the french rom due to my data plan. Is there a way to restore it now?
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-05-2013 08:46 PM
    I got through after all just finished my first stage with having rogers rom thanks again will say when I completed amber update.
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:47 AM
    Thanks! finally the solution to ma att problems!!! :D
    Im now unbranded and updated!
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-06-2013 02:46 AM
    so successfully running the amber update but lost xbox stuff did I do something wrong or is this expected ???
    Last edited by el Jono; 10-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    10-06-2013 11:56 AM
    Managed to get Amber and to be rid of AT&T, thanks a lot! But one more question, I couldn't restore from backup when I was setting it up on the french rom due to my data plan. Is there a way to restore it now?
    i did the same thing. i think we were supposed to login to Microsoft Live when it FIRST asks during the initial setup after flashing the final rom. i ended having to add my accounts and logged into windowsphone.com and just told it to reinstall each previously installed app under the Purchae Hsitory. a little of a p.i.a., but hey..you have Amber now! :)
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-06-2013 12:17 PM
    i did the same thing. i think we were supposed to login to Microsoft Live when it FIRST asks during the initial setup after flashing the final rom. i ended having to add my accounts and logged into windowsphone.com and just told it to reinstall each previously installed app under the Purchae Hsitory. a little of a p.i.a., but hey..you have Amber now! :)
    This is correct.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-06-2013 03:52 PM
    C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820\RM-820_059Q6W4_1232.2109.1242.1002_039.vpl has invalid signature. I am getting this error when starting the roger rom for flashing. Can some one assist me ??
    May have had an issue with your download. Re-download the .ZIP file and try it again. Maybe try deleting and re-creating the Packages and Products folders as well.
    10-06-2013 08:43 PM
    so successfully running the amber update but lost xbox stuff did I do something wrong or is this expected ???
    not sure what you mean by "lost Xbox stuff"?
    10-06-2013 10:15 PM
    I wanted to thank Juan for the nice write-up. I've been on the Rogers Amber/GDR2 for a week now and couldn't be any happier. I have absolutely no issues. Great battery life, no connection issues and all the extras work as advertised. I don't give a rat's a s s on the warranty I may have lost by doing this.
    thank you

cya ATT
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-06-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    10-06-2013 11:32 PM
    Okk
    10-07-2013 12:27 AM
    Hi, I am planning on flashing either Rogers or the Att dev rom, but I read through almost the entire thing, and I couldn't find a clear answer on tethering. So does tethering definitely work on any of the roms?

Thanks
    10-07-2013 07:00 AM
    Hi, I am planning on flashing either Rogers or the Att dev rom, but I read through almost the entire thing, and I couldn't find a clear answer on tethering. So does tethering definitely work on any of the roms?

Thanks
    I do not recommend the att dev rom. Snickler at xda had stability and connection issues and switched to Rogers and all issues disappeared. From what I've read tethering works on all of them, however the Rogers and att rom are not robust. Many loose tethering whenever they go into the access point app. The only way to get it back is hard reset. Tethering on a plan without paid tethering works on the French rom. It does not work on the Rogers with any of the tricks, unless you have a plan with tethering, but as soon as you go into access point settings you lose it. Hope that helps.
    10-07-2013 09:43 AM
1,173 ... 3334353637 ...