07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I can soft reset by holding down and power but it brings me back to the red screen
    10-10-2013 05:56 PM
    I think I bricked my nokia, I was trying to reinstall the french variant and something about the package failed mid way through, now the phone is stuck on a red nokia screen. Any help?
    try to flash it again? Or hold down volume down + camera + power.
    10-10-2013 05:56 PM
    I'm sorry. Did you install the official ATT GDR2 ROM?
    I did not install it yet. I am currently comparing my wife's Lumia 920 with ATT Amber and my Lumia 920 with Rogers Amber. sorry for the confusion.
    Seeing that everything is identical (except boot logo and data sense) I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-10-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    10-10-2013 05:57 PM
    The button combo did nothing. Im downloading a local version at the moment so I cant flash it
    10-10-2013 05:58 PM
    Cant flash a new rom because it cant get error message.
    10-10-2013 06:01 PM
    I did not install it yet. I am currently comparing my wife's Lumia 920 with ATT Amber and my Lumia 920 with Rogers Amber. sorry for the confusion.
    Seeing that everything is identical I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.
    So, the official ATT ROM has no att boot screen and includes Data Sense? Its the same as Rogers Amber/Att Dev ROM?
    10-10-2013 06:31 PM
    So, the official ATT ROM has no att boot screen and includes Data Sense? Its the same as Rogers Amber/Att Dev ROM?
    The official ATT Amber has the ATT boot logo and does not include data sense. Otherwise the same in anything I've tried so far.
    10-10-2013 06:32 PM
    The button combo did nothing. Im downloading a local version at the moment so I cant flash it
    Good luck. There's a sticky thread on the 920 forums here that details fixing a bricked phone.
    10-10-2013 06:32 PM
    The official ATT Amber has the ATT boot logo and does not include data sense.
    Oh, ok. Thanks. So there's basically no reason to go official unless for warrantee issues (or if you want slower updates haha).
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-10-2013 06:33 PM
    Oh, ok. Thanks. So there's basically no reason to go official unless for warrantee issues (or if you want slower updates haha).
    exactly. Would be great if somebody would try to confirm that the switch is possible though.....
    We know from some people it is NOT possible to flash the ATT Amber rom over the French Amber rom (or the Euro Dev) because these are RM-821.
    Unless this is of any help in that case.
    juan6996 likes this.
    10-10-2013 06:35 PM
    exactly. Would be great if somebody would try to confirm that the switch is possible though.....
    We know from some people it is NOT possible to flash the ATT Amber rom over the French Amber rom (or the Euro Dev) because these are RM-821.
    I will try it once I get my 1020 in the mail. I need to reset my 920 anyway for my dad's use :P
    10-10-2013 06:39 PM
    Its definetly possible to go from French amber to Att dev ROM. I did it myself some weeks ago. Don't exactly remember the process though...
    10-10-2013 06:41 PM
    I've gone from Rogers to French to Dev ROM without having to do anything special.
    10-10-2013 06:44 PM
    I've gone from Rogers to French to Dev ROM without having to do anything special.
    ok, maybe the problems reported aren't actually real then, user error?

see deafpatrick's post
    10-10-2013 06:50 PM
    I enjoyed the short time I spent with the ROM's in this thread but I'd like to switch back to the official AT&T update now. I'll keep posted here if anyone ever posts how to do so.
    10-10-2013 07:50 PM
    I enjoyed the short time I spent with the ROM's in this thread but I'd like to switch back to the official AT&T update now. I'll keep posted here if anyone ever posts how to do so.
    same way. You download the rom through NCS and then flash over your current and hope it works. Since we don't know your current Rom (French?) it's anybody's guess.
    assuming that you still have NCS installed.
    1) open NCS application launcher
    2) open Product support tool for store
    3) Click on Tools then Firmware Download
    4) type in your product code
    [CODE]RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT White 059N5T3
    RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Yellow 059N5T5
    RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Black 059L848
    RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Red 059N5T7
    RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Cyan 059N5T9
    RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT Grey 059N5T1[/CODE]
    5) Download
    6) Back to Product Support Tool, File Open Product, RM-820
    7) Programming/Recovery you should see the rom you just downloaded with the correct code.
    it should look like this:
    att-amber.jpg

then follow Juan's instructions to flash it from here.....step 9, 10, .... (instead that 9 is the last step above with the ATT Amber rom)
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-10-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    10-10-2013 07:55 PM
    How did you do that? Were you able to go straight to the AT&T Amber/GDR2 from the French ROM or did you need to load the AT&T Dev ROM first?
    10-10-2013 07:55 PM
    same way. You download the rom through NCS and then flash over your current and hope it works. Since we don't know your current Rom (French?) it's anybody's guess.
    Yeah, I believe it's the French one. RM-821 from the OP. Help me here for a second. "download the rom through NCS." Do I use the cracked one from the OP or can I get the full updated version? ..and then how do I go about downloading the ROM through NCS? Does it do that for me?

Seen your updated post. Cheers

How did you do that? Were you able to go straight to the AT&T Amber/GDR2 from the French ROM or did you need to load the AT&T Dev ROM first?
    I haven't done it yet mate. I'm hoping to try very shortly.
    10-10-2013 07:58 PM
    Yeah, I believe it's the French one. RM-821 from the OP. Help me here for a second. "download the rom through NCS." Do I use the cracked one from the OP or can I get the full updated version? ..and then how do I go about downloading the ROM through NCS? Does it do that for me?
    Please see my post above.....Report back if it worked. According to deafpatrick from the previous page it did not work for him because it's going from rm-821 to rm-820. Maybe you have better luck.
    10-10-2013 08:04 PM
    Please see my post above.....Report back if it worked. According to deafpatrick from the previous page it did not work for him because it's going from rm-821 to rm-820. Maybe you have better luck.
    I'll certainly give it a go!

EDIT: Didn't work.

10-10-2013 08:12 PM
    Did not work for me either... I believe its because RM-821 != RM-820. I tried the trick to put the 820 files into the 821 folder, but it gave me a FUU error saying it did not match!
    10-10-2013 08:20 PM
    Did not work for me either... I believe its because RM-821 != RM-820. I tried the trick to put the 820 files into the 821 folder, but it gave me a FUU error saying it did not match!
    That is what I keep saying but not everybody believes me.....
    That makes three just in this thread that tried unsuccessfully going from French Amber back to ATT Amber. (821 to 820)
    I am holding my breath for Rogers Amber to ATT Amber (820 to 820).

sorry it doesn't work. However, I wouldn't worry too much. You will likely get your updates faster or same time compared to ATT. AND you got data sense!

iLLGT3, I realize it didn't work but won't hurt to click the thanks button ...

All, we may have to go back to some portico rom before we can upgrade to ATT Amber.

PS: It's a risk I took when I flashed my ATT phone to another rom. I am perfectly fine with it not working. I would see it a benefit but not a necessity.
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    iLLGT3 likes this.
    10-10-2013 08:27 PM
    I'll certainly give it a go!

EDIT: Didn't work.

http://i.minus.com/ibldQRolTRzEpa.PNG
    I'm having the same issue but I've the Att dev rom
    10-10-2013 08:53 PM
    Seeing that everything is identical (except boot logo and data sense) I do not see the point of flashing the ATT Amber. I may if I get bored.
    does it allow you to download Nokia Pro Cam?? i have yet to succesfully download it on the flashed ROM from this OP.
    any issues using the Wifi proxy? does it compromise your passwords and what not since the proxy server is on another unknown computer??
    10-10-2013 08:56 PM
    does it allow you to download Nokia Pro Cam?? i have yet to succesfully download it on the flashed ROM from this OP.
    any issues using the Wifi proxy? does it compromise your passwords and what not since the proxy server is on another unknown computer??
    download SysApp Pusher and get Nokia Pro Cam or use the proxy server I listed a few pages earlier. You use the proxy server temporarily to get the link. It will not compromise anything.
    10-10-2013 08:59 PM
1,173 ... 3637383940 ...