07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    nvm. just saw the previous post on it and just downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. F'n FINALLY been spending all week trying to find a different way around the proxy server technique. didn't want another computer possibly grabbing my info. was tempted to try to find a way to flash back to the ATT rom, but F waiting a year for the next update lol. I wish i could "like" this post even more. without it i wouldn't have had an Amber update that makes my 920 running so much smoother and better than when i originally bought it from ATT :)
    10-10-2013 09:05 PM
    download SysApp Pusher and get Nokia Pro Cam or use the proxy server I listed a few pages earlier. You use the proxy server temporarily to get the link. It will not compromise anything.
    it's actually in the Nokia collection of the app store. maybe ATT was being honest and working with nokia on the update. :\ wouldn't put money on it. but glad to see it FINALLY pop up in the app store. no issues installing and actually playing with it now :) changed it to my default camera button app :D
    10-10-2013 09:10 PM
    I will try to flash my Rogers Amber/GDr2 (RM-820) to ATT Amber/GDR2 (RM-820) on the weekend when I have more time and report back unless somebody else has already reported on the outcome.
    10-10-2013 09:34 PM
    I tried and it didn't work.
    10-10-2013 10:03 PM
    I will try to flash my Rogers Amber/GDr2 (RM-820) to ATT Amber/GDR2 (RM-820) on the weekend when I have more time and report back unless somebody else has already reported on the outcome.
    I look forward to your results.
    10-10-2013 10:05 PM
    After flashing to the Amber Rogers ROM on my ATT 920, data seems to be MUCH slower.

I am using StraightTalk and previously on the ATT ROM I was getting "LTE."

Wondering if I need to change my apn settings for LTE? I have already changed them to what a few YouTube videos have suggested to no avail. Wondering if maybe this rom has some limitations when it comes to using it with StraightTalk.

Thanks!
    10-10-2013 10:11 PM
    After flashing to the Amber Rogers ROM on my ATT 920, data seems to be MUCH slower.

I am using StraightTalk and previously on the ATT ROM I was getting "LTE."

Wondering if I need to change my apn settings for LTE? I have already changed them to what a few YouTube videos have suggested to no avail. Wondering if maybe this rom has some limitations when it comes to using it with StraightTalk.

Thanks!
    Not sure what the problem may be. After I flashed to Rogers Amber/GDR2 I did not notice any decay in speeds. I get the same download and upload speeds as my wife's L920 from the same spots, pretty much same speeds I had before. Since my wife's L920 went to ATT Amber/GDR2 today I still measure almost identical speeds in upload/download. It doesn't matter whether I am on LTE1 or LTE2 in the Nokia Access Point app.
    10-10-2013 10:16 PM
    I tried and it didn't work.
    Rogers Amber/GDR2 --> ATT Amber/GDR2 ???
    10-10-2013 10:17 PM
    Not sure what the problem may be. After I flashed to Rogers Amber/GDR2 I did not notice any decay in speeds. I get the same download and upload speeds as my wife's L920 from the same spots, pretty much same speeds I had before. Since my wife's L920 went to ATT Amber/GDR2 today I still measure almost identical speeds in upload/download. It doesn't matter whether I am on LTE1 or LTE2 in the Nokia Access Point app.
    Only difference here is that I am on straight talk and the apn settings are nearly a mystery as to what exactly they should be set to.
    10-10-2013 10:43 PM
    Rogers Amber/GDR2 --> ATT Amber/GDR2 ???
    I went to the RM-821 french and then tried the ATT DEV as per xda using the chinese download and went back to rm-820. Now did the firmware download and all I get is the error message when doing the flasing process
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-10-2013 10:49 PM
    I went to the RM-821 french and then tried the ATT DEV as per xda using the chinese download and went back to rm-820. Now did the firmware download and all I get is the error message when doing the flasing process
    yeah, you confirmed what some others have reported too.

ATT Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
    French Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
    Euro Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2

Rogers Amber/GDR2 --?--> ATT Amber/GDR2

as mentioned earlier. maybe a more elaborate process is necessary and we have to go back to a portico rom before we can flash the ATT Amber GDR2
    10-10-2013 10:53 PM
    yeah, you confirmed what some others have reported too.

ATT Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
    French Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2
    Euro Dev Amber/GDR2 --|--> ATT Amber/GDR2

Rogers Amber/GDR2 --?--> ATT Amber/GDR2

as mentioned earlier. maybe a more elaborate process is necessary and we have to go back to a portico rom before we can flash the ATT Amber GDR2
    So should I go and do the OP flash from scratch. Right now I'm running the Rm-820_nam_canada_246
    10-10-2013 10:58 PM
    So should I go and do the OP flash from scratch. Right now I'm running the Rm-820_nam_canada_246
    If I tried to go back to ATT stock, that is one option I would keep in mind if everything else fails. But I can already tell you that some tried to flash the pre-portico Rogers and it wouldn't work. So it may or may not work. this is unexplored territory until somebody tries.

by flashing we took the risk of not being able to go back. If it is possible - great. If it is not possible that is perfectly fine with me. It would be comforting to know but it's not a necessity.

good night for now.
    10-10-2013 11:10 PM
    I'm trying going back to french and then will try the rm-820 again
    10-10-2013 11:39 PM
    I'm trying going back to french and then will try the rm-820 again
    I thought we already determined that this won't work (see a few posts before) and hence my ---|--> from French to ATT Amber.
    10-10-2013 11:44 PM
    Funny thing, when I went from ATT Dev to French ROM I was asked to restore
    10-10-2013 11:44 PM
    How can I be able to go to the ATT official, if possible
    10-10-2013 11:47 PM
    I was on the French RM-821 rom. I just downloaded product code 059R2L5 from Navifirm and was able to successfully flash down to RM-820 ATT Developer. Unfortunately flashing the latest ATT ROM on top of this fails. I am trying a couple other things and see if I can work around this.
    10-10-2013 11:48 PM
    Quick question for people who flashed to Rogers.

I've been having a strange WIFI issue where my phone won't reconnect to the router after I go out of range and come back. It keeps saying "Connection unsuccessful" unless I switch my wifi off and then turn it back on. It'll do that for everything...basically if I leave the initial router that it's connected to, it'll refuse to connect to anything until the wifi switch is turned off (or the phone is reset). It's not a huge issue because my data is unlimited, just annoying that I have to toggle that switch off and on every time I return back to my house.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas for things I can try?
    10-10-2013 11:48 PM
    Quick question for people who flashed to Rogers.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas for things I can try?
    Rogers Amber/Gdr2 here and no such issues. It may well be a router issue. E.g. My router keeps dropping my wireless hp printer once in a while. The only way for me to get the printer back to the wan is a router reboot.

Have you tried to play with WiFi advanced settings? Eg keep WiFi on when screen times out or automatically connect to...
    Just a thought
    10-10-2013 11:59 PM
    Rogers Amber/Gdr2 here and no such issues. It may well be a router issue. E.g. My router keeps dropping my wireless hp printer once in a while. The only way for me to get the printer back to the wan is a router reboot.
    It does that everywhere I go, though. For example, If I try to use the wifi at work I have to switch the phone's wifi off and back on again.
    10-11-2013 12:04 AM
    It does that everywhere I go, though. For example, If I try to use the wifi at work I have to switch the phone's wifi off and back on again.
    odd indeed. It would bug me to the point of trying a hard reset.
    10-11-2013 12:07 AM
    I'm going to keep screwing around with the advanced wifi settings (few though there are) and see if I can get a configuration that works for me. It's not a deal breaker...I still don't regret flashing my phone several weeks back. AT&T dragging their feet on this update just wore me down.

All of the boxes are checked in the advanced settings at this point. Had it like that before flashing and it worked fine, but I'll try some other configurations.
    10-11-2013 12:18 AM
    Maybe we should all try together in a group effort to contact Nokia to ask them how we can take our phones from any point to the Official ATT Amber update. I have a feeling this could work instead of us all going through this intense trial and error timesuck.
    10-11-2013 01:26 AM
    Currently there is no way back to ATT stock or ATT stock amber after you flashed with another ROM and it has been this way since the beginning.
    10-11-2013 01:39 AM
1,173 ... 3738394041 ...