07-10-2015 03:12 AM
1,173 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Does GDR3 update on Lumia 920 that can't go back to stock ATT rom?
    10-14-2013 07:00 PM
    Does GDR3 update on Lumia 920 that can't go back to stock ATT rom?
    wouldn't see why not. It's Amber/GDR2 whether on French, Euro Dev, ATT Dev or Rogers
    10-14-2013 07:09 PM
    I just updated to GDR3, but I now lost my ATT Tethering. And I pay for the tethering plan, too.....

To be clear, I'm not certain if the GDR2 hack broke my tethering, or GDR3, but either way it's no longer working for me.
    10-14-2013 07:17 PM
    wouldn't see why not. It's Amber/GDR2 whether on French, Euro Dev, ATT Dev or Rogers
    I am installing it now. Going to try to revert to ATT stock ROM afterwards.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    10-14-2013 07:22 PM
    I am installing it now. Going to try to revert to ATT stock ROM afterwards.
    hmm, I do not believe the same method that was unsuccessful for us so far will work on GDR3. But who knows. Need to explore all options. Let us know.
    10-14-2013 07:40 PM
    Kind of like the Rogers version so far. It has ability to set static IP on Wifi that is not available on other versions that I know off.
    10-14-2013 07:42 PM
    GDR3 is underwhelming. The only thing I really care about is manually closing apps. What does bitter sweet shimmer add? Just some glance screen colors and notifications?
    10-14-2013 08:43 PM
    Hello guys. I found this thread awesome and I flashed the Amber Update to my Lumia 920 yesterday morning. Now, I have a question... How fast would I get the GDR3 if a want to wait until Nokia next update instead of flashing the developer version. I am from Colombia and don't know if the Amber update from Rogers you uploaded here and which I flashed will allow me to get the GDR3.

Desde mi Windows Phone usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by bryanstevecl; 10-15-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    10-14-2013 09:28 PM
    Anyone know how I can get Internet Sharing (tethering) working again on my ATT 920 which I flashed to Amber/GDR2 using the Rogers and French ROMs referenced here, then updated to the GDR3 developer preview?

I pay for ATT tethering, but it's not working anymore....
    10-15-2013 12:02 AM
    Anyone know how I can get Internet Sharing (tethering) working again on my ATT 920 which I flashed to Amber/GDR2 using the Rogers and French ROMs referenced here, then updated to the GDR3 developer preview?

I pay for ATT tethering, but it's not working anymore....
    Do you have the individual plan? Install the Spanish (Spain) keyboard in Settings. That should give you tethering. Do not go back to the Access Points again after that.

I have ATT shared plan and even at 1GB I have tethering. Don't need to do the keyboard trick at all.
    10-15-2013 12:21 AM
    Out of curiosity, why does one need to download the Spanish keyboard? Is this like, a bug, that allows tethering if you have the Spanish keyboard installed? It's not like you need the Spanish keyboard if you actually have tethering on your plan.
    10-15-2013 07:19 AM
    Guys I flashed the french rom... Which LTE bands will I have acces to? I need the 1700 band... By the way, has anyone figured out the FFU issue when flashing back to any other rom?

Sent from my Lumia 920
    10-15-2013 08:33 AM
    Out of curiosity, why does one need to download the Spanish keyboard? Is this like, a bug, that allows tethering if you have the Spanish keyboard installed? It's not like you need the Spanish keyboard if you actually have tethering on your plan.
    It recreates some settings when it reboots. Apparently that allows tethering.
    10-15-2013 10:50 AM
    Guys I flashed the french rom... Which LTE bands will I have acces to? I need the 1700 band... By the way, has anyone figured out the FFU issue when flashing back to any other rom?

Sent from my Lumia 920
    Can only comment on ffu issue. See my lengthy post a few posts or pages above. Have not figured it out yet. Confirmed by others. Somebody said he was able to but I did not hear back from him yet. See details above.
    bryanstevecl likes this.
    10-15-2013 10:53 AM
    Kind of like the Rogers version so far. It has ability to set static IP on Wifi that is not available on other versions that I know off.
    wow this is a first ?? are you ableto delete the apn under the Access Point app ?? can you provide a screenshot of this ???
    Last edited by revfast; 10-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    10-15-2013 11:07 AM
    Can only comment on ffu issue. See my lengthy post a few posts or pages above. Have not figured it out yet. Confirmed by others. Somebody said he was able to but I did not hear back from him yet. See details above.

Have you tried flashing GDR3 and then back to any Amber ROM? Might work...

Sent from my Lumia 920
    10-15-2013 11:24 AM
    GDR3 is underwhelming. The only thing I really care about is manually closing apps. What does bitter sweet shimmer add? Just some glance screen colors and notifications?
    depends on how you look at it, I agree that Microsoft is following behind by not adding features that are lacking on the OS for so long, I would've proactively added features like Notifications, VPN, Silent times(active notifications hrs). they are relying on 8.1 to finally catch up and be on par(if it even comes to that) I believe it should be the other way, I still believe that the re writing the OS turned out to be more than MS could chew, the API's needed by developers to provide us with quality apps (the whatsapp debacle). they need to add these features and API's to the OS on GDR's instead of big updates focus big updates to innovation, I think if we are all here is because we like what windows phone has to offer (and we hate iphone and android), Microsoft doesn't have the support of the big companies like google or facebook, I mean if you have to develop in house apps to be able to offer it to your customers is a bad sign, and you have to try harder. and the lack of these or quality of these will turn customers away. I believe nokia puts out outstanding quality products but the hardware is not the problem now its the software !!!!
    10-15-2013 11:28 AM
    It recreates some settings when it reboots. Apparently that allows tethering.
    I had tethering not working on my Lumia 920 with GDR2 + Amber on the ATT DEV ROM, it was working briefly after the Spanish keyboard install but stopped shortly thereafter. I tried going back to the Stock ATT Rom which of course did not work, regardless of how far you flashed back.

Now after installing GDR3 it works again for me. What I did was flashing ATT DEV ROM GDR2+Amber freshly onto my 920, not bothering with the Spanish keyboard (French and English were pre-installed), deleted the French keyboard. Installed all my apps and settings back and then updated to GDR3.

Tethering is working well since yesterday.
    10-15-2013 12:09 PM
    Do you have the individual plan? Install the Spanish (Spain) keyboard in Settings. That should give you tethering. Do not go back to the Access Points again after that.

I have ATT shared plan and even at 1GB I have tethering. Don't need to do the keyboard trick at all.
    Yes, I have an individual plan (5GB, which comes with tethering). After sending a few MMS messages, the tethering is now not working. I also installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard but it did not help.
    10-15-2013 04:24 PM
    I had tethering not working on my Lumia 920 with GDR2 + Amber on the ATT DEV ROM, it was working briefly after the Spanish keyboard install but stopped shortly thereafter. I tried going back to the Stock ATT Rom which of course did not work, regardless of how far you flashed back.

Now after installing GDR3 it works again for me. What I did was flashing ATT DEV ROM GDR2+Amber freshly onto my 920, not bothering with the Spanish keyboard (French and English were pre-installed), deleted the French keyboard. Installed all my apps and settings back and then updated to GDR3.

Tethering is working well since yesterday.
    Some are saying that the tethering will work for a while, until you send a few SMS/MMS messages. This seems to be what happened to me.

Can you please point me to instructions to get to the ATT DEV ROM? Is there any way to go to that from the Rogers/French ROM (the one described in this thread)?
    10-15-2013 04:28 PM
    Yes, I have an individual plan (5GB, which comes with tethering). After sending a few MMS messages, the tethering is now not working. I also installed the Spanish (Spain) keyboard but it did not help.
    Did you switch the "Access Point" settings at all? That will kill your tethering capabilities (as I discovered).
    10-15-2013 05:02 PM
    Did you switch the "Access Point" settings at all? That will kill your tethering capabilities (as I discovered).
    Im running ATT straight talk on the ATT Dev rom and I haven't been able to remove the ATT APN settings, my internet sharing was working until yesterday when the phone someone reverted back to ATT 3g (I noticed because my internet stopped working) but when I switched back to the Straight talk APN my internet sharing stopped working.

There has to be a global non carrier ROM that wont phone home every time I want to enable this on my phone. Anybody else running Straight talk on a ATT 920 ??

Im wondering if it has to do with the ATT Straight talk sim ??

anybody with the Euro ROM or French rom that can chime in to see if I can remove the ATT APN's from the Access Point APP ??
    10-15-2013 05:16 PM
    Some are saying that the tethering will work for a while, until you send a few SMS/MMS messages. This seems to be what happened to me.

Can you please point me to instructions to get to the ATT DEV ROM? Is there any way to go to that from the Rogers/French ROM (the one described in this thread)?
    It is possible to switch from Rogers Amber/GDR2 to ATT Dev Amber/GDR2. Here is a link for ATT Dev. To get the ATT Dev you can also go here for direct download.
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 10-15-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    10-15-2013 05:24 PM
    It is possible to switch from Rogers Amber/GDR2 to ATT Dev Amber/GDR2. Here is a link for ATT Dev. To get the ATT Dev you can also go here for direct download.

Is it possible I use this to revert to RM-820 with the same method?

Sent from my Lumia 920
    10-15-2013 07:00 PM
    Is it possible I use this to revert to RM-820 with the same method?

Sent from my Lumia 920
    Rogers is rm-820 and so is ATT Dev. I think Juan knows whether this is possible for sure. I think he wrote somewhere that he went from French (rm-821) to ATT Dev (rm-820). I let him confirm this though.
    10-15-2013 08:02 PM
1,173 ... 4041424344 ...