Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i'm wondering, does the Fiddler method still work to get Nokia Pro Cam? any bugs or issues using that method?

the proxy server method works fine.
in short: Download sysapp pusher, turn on proxy under your wifi and change to 103.13.29.118 and port to 8888.
Go to sysapp pusher and tap what you'd like to download. When you get the install button, turn the proxy off before you download and install.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244324-other-brand-apps.html#post2160223

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
the proxy server method works fine.
in short: Download sysapp pusher, turn on proxy under your wifi and change to 103.13.29.118 and port to 8888.
Go to sysapp pusher and tap what you'd like to download. When you get the install button, turn the proxy off before you download and install.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244324-other-brand-apps.html#post2160223

someone here deserves to be included in the credits for this guide 😊 thanks for all your help man.

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the NCS installed on a windows 7 computer. But have the same situation with the XP on step five the rm-820 file does not shows. I revised the extracted file, but there is no double file. The NCS did not create a "Packages" folder. I create it and create a products subfolder.

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
additional note. I am using the NCS version from this thread and I am installing on Windows 8. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I noticed that the version of NCS is slightly different from the OP.
Thank you for your help, I finally got it flashed using the Windows 7 Computer and the Euro ROM.

One question I can not sign to my Microsoft account when the installation is complete. And have not been able to restore my applist and settings. Can somen shed some light on this.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I finally got it flashed using the Windows 7 Computer and the Euro ROM.

One question I can not sign to my Microsoft account when the installation is complete. And have not been able to restore my applist and settings. Can somen shed some light on this.

This is a known problem, which was specified in the "Why I Shouldn't Flash My Phone" at the beginning of the tutorial:
"-You won't be able to restore a full backup (at least not on AT&T) if you flash this ROM due to the need to switch to LTE 2 through access point, which, like Wi-Fi (FIX THIS MICROSOFT!), doesn't pop up until after you're asked to sign in with your Live ID."

Abelardo Dauhajre

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
This is a known problem, which was specified in the "Why I Shouldn't Flash My Phone" at the beginning of the tutorial:
"-You won't be able to restore a full backup (at least not on AT&T) if you flash this ROM due to the need to switch to LTE 2 through access point, which, like Wi-Fi (FIX THIS MICROSOFT!), doesn't pop up until after you're asked to sign in with your Live ID."
I guess that's why when I do the final installation and asks for the windows account it says there's a problem with the connection. I guees MSFT has to work on the issue of giving the option of restore from back up if I decide not to login at the beginning of the set up process.

Anyways, Juan and all other people in the thread that have given their insight.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess that's why when I do the final installation and asks for the windows account it says there's a problem with the connection. I guees MSFT has to work on the issue of giving the option of restore from back up if I decide not to login at the beginning of the set up process.

Anyways, Juan and all other people in the thread that have given their insight.

according to rumors, GDR3 will allow you to connect to WiFi before you sign in/restore! 😊

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I am sick of waiting around on AT&T. I have successfully loaded pre-port Rodgers on to my 920, and waiting on the OTA Update and downlading the Rodgers GDR3/Amber rom into NCS. Everyone cross your fingers for me this works!

Edit: Anyone have a link to the Rodgers GDR3/Amber rom? The NCS is moving in in slow motion to download it.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well Crap! OTA update downloaded but when It went to install I got this error: Update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (818830f) Any help?

Edit: Restarted Phone and tried the OTA update again. Have not been sitting at the preparing update 100% spot for 15min. Hopefully this is the part people were talking about taking a long time, not that I have frozen my phone. =/

Edit 2: and now have the gears...... fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb