Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

I have unlocked At&t Nokia Lumia 920. I am just curious to know, after following this process, my mobile will be still unlocked? I am using lycamobile sim in USA on my unlocked AT&T Lumia 920, will I be able to continue to use Lycamobile sim?

Please suggest.

Yes, your phone will still be unlocked. Flashing firmware has no effect on the sim-unlock.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if I'm just crazy after staying up so late doing this.. But I'm on Amber. :) And here is the funny thing.. My LTE speeds went from 30down/8up to now 52down/16up in Amber. I am content.

Its probably because its late at night and everyone's asleep, so the network has less traffic. Lol.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get Data Sense/GDR2/Amber on At&t TODAY

Well I have decided to take the plunge and go with the Amber Euro rom. We shall see how it turns out. The only "data" I don't want to lose is my music, so I am backing that up first thing to a folder on the comp. Have no feel for how well the XBOX music cloud sync works with a restore, so I figure it's worth the extra time to have a copy in case. Bye Bye (and good riddance) ATT splash screen. Now if I could only get that dumb logo off the front of the device!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

All flashing complete. Booting up Amber. You know, that OTA update on Rogers really didnt take as long as I thought it would. Once it was downloaded, it went rather quick.

Im at the Restore phone portion. One option is the Rogers ROM and then dont restore. I wasnt on the Rogers ROM long enough to see if my SMS messages synced so Im assuming this really does nothing for me. But if I choose dont restore, can I still get old SMS messages or no? Dang it. I dont get the "cloud" option because you have to sign in and go through the steps before you can turn wifi on. So I guess I might be screwed at this point.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

All flashing complete. Booting up Amber. You know, that OTA update on Rogers really didnt take as long as I thought it would. Once it was downloaded, it went rather quick.

Im at the Restore phone portion. One option is the Rogers ROM and then dont restore. I wasnt on the Rogers ROM long enough to see if my SMS messages synced so Im assuming this really does nothing for me. But if I choose dont restore, can I still get old SMS messages or no? Dang it. I dont get the "cloud" option because you have to sign in and go through the steps before you can turn wifi on. So I guess I might be screwed at this point.

Your SMS messages should sync, I didn't restore once after a hard rest as I didn't have the time for it install the apps. Once I had signed into the MS account and synced, after while all the sms messages were downloaded onto my phone.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I had to remove the letters/numbers_ before RM821 on all files, not just one.

Thanks DaveGx. I have now updated the first post with a direct download link to the pre-portico ROM, with all files renamed and ready to go! Gonna do the same with NCS and Amber ROM, save them on my Skydrive for easier downloading. Please tell me if it works.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Your SMS messages should sync, I didn't restore once after a hard rest as I didn't have the time for it install the apps. Once I had signed into the MS account and synced, after while all the sms messages were downloaded onto my phone.

You're right, they did sync. I kinda lost everything else, which is fine. I dont have any issue with downloading apps and what not again. So far, everything is working great. Thanks again to Juan6996 and everyone else in this thread. Its nice to not have to wait for carriers to get an update out at their leisure. I really wish they could do something to speed up the process and make it more efficient. But since ATT isnt moving fast to allow data sense, I guess at this point they can take as long as they want, if we can continue to use other ROMs to get our phones up to date, while getting all the goodies that some carriers leave out.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Update: All necessary files have been uploaded to my Skydrive for easy access. Please confirm that the links and downloads work.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

are the rm-820 files supposed to be 53kb all together? Thats all im getting from that skydrive folder.

KiranKumarS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks mate.. I flashed my mobile and I love the updates... Thanks for all your help and steps..:love:

KiranKumarS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

juan6996,

With this amber update, double tap is not working on my mobile? is it available part of this update?

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

It works, You just have to turn it on under Display>Touch and check "Double Tap". You can also set your color profile there.

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Old SMS messages were recovered too.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members