Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get Data Sense/GDR2/Amber on At&t TODAY

I have a rogers 920, do i need to change it to 821 first of do I just flash it with amber rom?

I went ahead and did it anyway, downloaded RM-820 using the product support tool (the one in this thread wasn't working), flashed it then went to RM-821. Everythings working fine.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a couple of problems.

1) I cannot tether, even though my account is set up for it. A message box pops up and tells me to contact AT&T to set up tethering on my device.

2) When trying to add photos, videos and music on my device it keeps dropping the USB connection with my PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

bglf83

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Stupid fix from Portico Works:

1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Keyboard
3) + Add Keyboards
4) Select Spanish (Spain)
5) Click on the checkmark icon to install.

Try it may be it works for you to start Internet Sharing

EDIT: I am on ATT

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

So I changed from the French rom to the other euro dev rom. First thing I noticed was that I wasn't able to connect to the internet without changing the access point settings. Because of this, I wasn't able to log in to my live account during the initial setup. In result of this, I wasn't able to restore any of my previous backups which include my long list of apps. Is there any way to restore my previous backup?

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

So I changed from the French rom to the other euro dev rom. First thing I noticed was that I wasn't able to connect to the internet without changing the access point settings. Because of this, I wasn't able to log in to my live account during the initial setup. In result of this, I wasn't able to restore any of my previous backups which include my long list of apps. Is there any way to restore my previous backup?

Looks like i'll just have to reinstall the french version. I'd rather spend 10 minutes to restore my phone and deal with the 4G icon, than getting the LTE icon and spending hours trying to search and redownload my original apps.

Kind of weird that the 3g settings on the french rom is compatible with at&t, compared to the original euro dev version. Microsoft should have at least included a wifi setup before doing the initial restore options.

EDIT: Looks like the 3g settings on the french version is messed up too. Shouldn't have installed that euro dev rom in the first place :(

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Actually, it looks like the app was pulled. I can't reinstall it from my computer either; Windows Store says its no longer available.

not sure if you tried this link, but it doesn't solve the problem. This rom simply doesn't work with the Lumia pusher app

300mhz

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I've got everything flashed and working, including LTE.

But, I'm also unable to use wifi tethering, even though I'm on the correct rate plan from AT&T. I'll be using the phone as daily driver today so we'll see what other issues might pop up.

EDIT: Holy cow, this actually works. It'll download a small OTA, reboot and then work. Wild, and thanks!

1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Keyboard
3) + Add Keyboards

Last edited:

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm not on my Windows computer but if you're using 64-bit Windows 7 or 8, you have to go into the NCS app's preferences and add the directory you downloaded the ROMs to. There was a variation of the standard file path (something like Program Files (x64)...) that you had to add for NCS to see the ROMs. I got stuck on that, too. I also found that running NCS as Admin helped, too.

how do you get the roms to show up after pressing update list

Last edited:

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

1) Go to Settings
2) Go to Keyboard
3) + Add Keyboards

Worked perfect!! Can I remove the Spanish Keyboard now that my tethering is working or do I have to leave it installed?

Thanks again for the help!!

bglf83

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Worked perfect!! Can I remove the Spanish Keyboard now that my tethering is working or do I have to leave it installed?

Thanks again for the help!!

According to the old forum topic on WPCentral, the answer is yes. I removed the Spanish keyboard and mine still works.

amulpokh

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I have a couple of problems.

1) I cannot tether, even though my account is set up for it. A message box pops up and tells me to contact AT&T to set up tethering on my device.

2) When trying to add photos, videos and music on my device it keeps dropping the USB connection with my PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

did you figure out the USB connection issue? i seem to be having the same exact thing happening when trying to connect my 920 (euro dev rom, not france, also ATT) to my desktop to transfer photos. anyone else having this problem?

itsjoe67

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

I'm stuck on the steps between 2 and 3. I have added the ROMs (rm-820 and rom-821) but when i added them to the "preference" folder and try to update list, it doesn't either ROMs at all....am i missing something here? i'm starting to understand it more but maybe i'm missing a download or nokia isn't working for at the moment..

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site

UPDATE: Everything is working fine with the SIM chip in. I have LTE speeds (shown as an "L") and the AT&T entry is showing in the store (I'm using a GoPhone chip). Lumia Pusher isn't available, which is a bummer, but you can/should update your system apps by going here: system apps | Windows Phone Central . No complaints so far! :)

I've been working on this all afternoon and finally have the GDR2 and Amber update on my unlocked AT&T 920. Still setting it up and will pop in my SIM chip soon. Between this thread and VegaNovus' thread (http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ia-lumia-eu-rom-gdr2-amber-download-link.html), I was able to get it installed.

1. Install the "hacked" version of the Nokia Care Suite (NCS) ... keep it in offline mode
2. The pre-Portico Rogers ROM (from here [message #52]: [FLASH] How to use NCS to change from RM-820 to RM-821 and vice versa - Page 6 - xda-developers) switched my 920 from AT&T to Rogers but wouldn't let me install the RM-821 Euro ROM so I upgraded the phone to the post-Portico (?) Rogers ROM (1232.5962.1314.0000)
2a. You can either do this on the phone (after flashing it) or just direct-download the updated ROM via NCS and install it that way
3. After it installed, and without setting up my Live account or anything, I did a factory reset and then used NCS to install the RM-821 Euro ROM (found here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ldnt-download-amber-euro-dev-rom-059r4h6.html)
4. The upgrade worked and I did another factory restore, just to be safe

Matt

Thanks for additional steps to try.

Actually trying this as we speak. I'm on the piece for updating to the post portico rom, but only see this version 1232.5962.1314.0001 available. Not 1232.5962.1314.0000. Doubt it makes a difference, but we'll see.

Edit: Yep made no difference and Euro Deb rom flashed fine. Thanks again and I'm now rocking the Amber update! Still eager to find out what happens when ATT releases there update since there seems no way to get back to ATT RM-820 roms. Also, am getting the L for LTE, haven't tested speeds yet though.

Last edited:

bglf83

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

did you figure out the USB connection issue? i seem to be having the same exact thing happening when trying to connect my 920 (euro dev rom, not france, also ATT) to my desktop to transfer photos. anyone else having this problem?

I could not replicate this issue. I copied 5 GB of music to my phone a minute ago and did not have any issues. I am using the EURO dev ROM as well.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

I'm stuck on the steps between 2 and 3. I have added the ROMs (rm-820 and rom-821) but when i added them to the "preference" folder and try to update list, it doesn't either ROMs at all....am i missing something here? i'm starting to understand it more but maybe i'm missing a download or nokia isn't working for at the moment..

Are you adding both roms at the same time? Only load one and keep the folder name as RM-820 through the whole process. And be sure your path is correct C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820.

OVERHATE

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Does this procedure put some kind of branding into my phone? like Rogers Brand or something? I want a fully unlocked fully unbranded phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss