Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How and Why I flashed my at&t Lumia 920 with GDR2/Amber

I'm using the French one actually! I downloaded it before your ATT guide went up.

If someone else wants to try the French rom and try to get tethering working using the Spanish keyboard trick, I'd be interested to see the result.
yeah, that would be cool if that is the case. if I decide to flash I will certainly try the French rom. I just wish there was a sure way to go back to an ATT rom if I needed to. So far nobody has posted a 100% confirmation for that ?

Last edited:

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

Juan I have a question , are you really sure (100%) that if i want i can go back to the AT&T Rom by installing the Rogers Pre Portico and then My AT&T Rom cause i've been searching the web for that and all the threads said that once you change your AT&T Rom to any other (Rogers, Europe Dev. etc) you can't go back to AT&T Rom.

I saw a thread on XDA that says you can go From Europe rm 821 to Rogers rm 820 and viceversa but not back from Rogers or from Europe Dev Rom to AT&T Rom.
[FLASH] How to use NCS to change from RM-820 to RM-821 and vice versa - xda-developers.

If you have the link where it says that you can and you can point me in that direction it will be of great help for me and others that are holding before trying the GDR2 Amber now. Thank you very much.

Once you flash rm-821 into your at&t rm-820 phone you will not be able to go back to AT&T no matter what you do with it.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Updated first post with more FAQs and better organization. Check it out.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

yes, you should still get the OTA updates from the Euro Dev Rom
After thinking about it and evaluating the pros and cons I flashed my phone two days ago. I have all the 1020 apps.( Nokia Pro cam, Nokia Video trimmer and Nokia Video upload). I'm running the Euro Dev Rom not the French one. When i install the spanish mexican keyboard tethering worked for a while but then i check yesterday and i stopped working and gives the message to call 611. I don't see L(LTE) symbol but i do see H and H+. The speeds are better than before. I use to get 5 to 6 download and now i get 8 to 9 . For being on Net10 which is the reason i only see H or H+ i think those speeds are more than great. This is wayyyy better than AT&T stock Rom. As long as i get the OTA updates i don't care and don't regret flashing the Rom and if not i'm sure there is going to be the possibility of updating manually by flashing. Here are some screenshots of my phone.

wp_ss_20130812_0002.jpg

wp_ss_20130811_0001.jpg

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

After thinking about it and evaluating the pros and cons I flashed my phone two days ago. I have all the 1020 apps.( Nokia Pro cam, Nokia Video trimmer and Nokia Video upload). I'm running the Euro Dev Rom not the French one. When i install the spanish mexican keyboard tethering worked for a while but then i check yesterday and i stopped working and gives the message to call 611. I don't see L(LTE) symbol but i do see H and H+. The speeds are better than before. I use to get 5 to 6 download and now i get 8 to 9 . For being on Net10 which is the reason i only see H or H+ i think those speeds are more than great. This is wayyyy better than AT&T stock Rom. As long as i get the OTA updates i don't care and don't regret flashing the Rom and if not i'm sure there is going to be the possibility of updating manually by flashing. Here are some screenshots of my phone.

View attachment 39831

View attachment 39832

what clock/weather app is that? It looks nice.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I've got a question... Step 2. "along with its required Microsoft files. Ctrl+C and Ctrl + V the links into your browser, download and install them"

Which "required MS files" are you talking about here? And what links are you referring to, that we are copying and pasting?

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Now this is interesting. Tethering was working last night, but now when I attempt to use it, I get a message that says it isn't available. However, I reboot the phone and tada, it works again.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I've got a question... Step 2. "along with its required Microsoft files. Ctrl+C and Ctrl + V the links into your browser, download and install them"

Which "required MS files" are you talking about here? And what links are you referring to, that we are copying and pasting?

When you try to install Nokia Care Suite, sometimes it tells you that you need to install Microsoft runtimes in order to install NCS. If you're able to install NCS, don't worry about it.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. Does it keep working if you remove the Spain keyboard? I might have to reflash to the French ROM :/

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

what clock/weather app is that? It looks nice.
That's TimeMe app but is the side load version. I side load it with a student developer account cause the regular marketplace app doesn't update every minute and the time falls back. In the marketplace app page in the info there are the instructions to go to the website of the developer of the app where he explains how to side load it

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/timeme/ef6099f2-41dd-4bad-9fa1-8f4143386194

Last edited:

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it does. I read that it did so I went ahead and removed spanish and it still works. I just have English and French installed.

300mhz

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Hmm. Does it keep working if you remove the Spain keyboard? I might have to reflash to the French ROM :/

For me, it does not. I just removed the keyboard, rebooted and tethering no longer worked. I added it again, rebooted and tethering no longer works. Looks like i screwed myself.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I remove the Mexican and tried with the Spain and doesn't work either. I'm on the euro dev rom but as I said the first day it worked with the Mexican and then it stopped working.What rom you are using now Juan? Did you change from the euro dev to the French rom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion