Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

300mhz

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How and Why I flashed my at&t Lumia 920 with GDR2/Amber

Do Spanish (Spain) it will do it.

Thanks, but I did have it working before with Spanish. I then tried to remove it to see if that fix would stick but it looks like it did not. Whatever it downloads with the Spanish keyboard can't be replicated so far. I might try doing a hard reset when I get home tonight.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I remove the Mexican and tried with the Spain and doesn't work either. I'm on the euro dev rom but as I said the first day it worked with the Mexican and then it stopped working.What rom you are using now Juan? Did you change from the euro dev to the French rom ?

I'm still on euro dev. And tethering isn't working. I downloaded the French rom and might flash it later today... Still debating.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm still on euro dev. And tethering isn't working. I downloaded the French rom and might flash it later today... Still debating.
If you flash it let us know how it works and what do you get if 4g , H , H+, or L and of course the tethering problem.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I went ahead and started flashing the French ROM, which required some file renaming to work. I'll upload the French ROM to my SkyDrive if I get free tethering.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I can confirm that tethering works, for free. Thanks guys. I did loose my app backup, because I couldn't log in during initial setup. I'll update the first post soon with these new findings.

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get Data Sense/GDR2/Amber on At&t TODAY

the phone needs to be in flashing mode

turn it off

unplug it from the computer (make sure that the nokia software is open and the correct rom is selected)

press and hold power + volume down button until it vibrates

release and immediately hold volume up

connect it to the computer

retry the flash by pressing start

it will tell you to hold power + volume down

it will pop a warning.... just click yes

VisceralMonkey

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it requires several files to be renamed. Best to do it for people and re-zip it all up. Honestly, considering the French ROM allows free tethering, it should be the one to use over the Euro Dev one.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it requires several files to be renamed. Best to do it for people and re-zip it all up. Honestly, considering the French ROM allows free tethering, it should be the one to use over the Euro Dev one.

Yeah, I've replaced the Euro Dev ROM with the French Amber ROM on the guide and Skydrive. I'm zipping them up now, for easier upload/Download. Thanks for all your help, I coulnt have gotten free tethering to work without you. :) The guide was also updated with instructions on how to get free tethering.

EDIT: I've lost the ability to tether. I've rebooted my phone, and still can't. It says to dial 611. Damn.

Last edited:

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I've replaced the Euro Dev ROM with the French Amber ROM on the guide and Skydrive. I'm zipping them up now, for easier upload/Download. Thanks for all your help, I coulnt have gotten free tethering to work without you. :) The guide was also updated with instructions on how to get free tethering.

Juan Does 4G Lte working . What is working LTE, H, H+ ,3G ?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Juan Does 4G Lte working . What is working LTE, H, H+ ,3G ?

All three are working, and you can choose your preferred speed. LTE shows up as "4G", 3G shows up as "H" or "H+" :) Hope you get tethering working!

Last edited:

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: How + Why to Get Data Sense/Free tethering/FM radio etc on at&t L920 TODAY

Thanks juan6996 for the step by step instructions and following helpful posts to other users' issues. I flashed my AT&T 920 last night and everything is working fine.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How + Why to Get Data Sense/Free tethering/FM radio etc on at&t L920 TODAY

Thanks juan6996 for the step by step instructions and following helpful posts to other users' issues. I flashed my AT&T 920 last night and everything is working fine.

I'm glad that all is well. Did you flash Euro Dev or French ROM? Also, do you have internet sharing working?

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

All three are working, and you can choose your preferred speed. LTE shows up as "4G", 3G shows up as "H" or "H+" :) Hope you get tethering working!

I'm not sure to flash because the same thing that happened to you happened to me the first day i flashed mine with the Euro Dev Rom. Tethering was working but then it stopped. That French Rom is branded to any carrier?
I wonder why VisceralMonkey's phone still tethering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon