Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Get all GDR2/Amber features on ANY L920 TODAY! [French ROM]

I'm stuck in step 6... it says that is not finding my phone even after retrying with volume key down... what am i doing wrong?
Sorry to hear that. Make sure phone is off completely. Micro USB should be plugged into phone already but NOT into computer. Hold volume down button down. Plug USB into computer. As soon as it vibrates, let go of volume button and immediately press "retry". That's exactly how I did it, and it worked. Hope you get through this step.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Man, the only thing keeping me from flashing is the waranty. I don't want to void it. BUT I WANT THE FRIGGIN UPDATE. DAMN YOU AT&T :'(

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Man, the only thing keeping me from flashing is the waranty. I don't want to void it. BUT I WANT THE FRIGGIN UPDATE. DAMN YOU AT&T :'(
same here. As soon as I see somebody shows that we can go back to ATT rom after Rogers flash I will be flashing the crap out of my Lumia. But if there is no way back I am chicken....

dagrepont

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

I have an unlocked 920 on T-Mobile and this does work. The only thing is that before flashing the phone did say LTE now it says 4G. Not sure if that matters really. I'm still getting an average of 14Mbps down. Also you have to go into settings then cellular and change don't roam to roam and change highest speed to 4G. It was set at 3G before. Data Sense works. I had to turn off data connection to sign into twitter on any app(not sure what that was about) But overall I'm very happy with this ROM and don't mind the tweaking to get things to work. The benefit for us tho is that we don't have to worry about the whole tethering thing. I wasn't able to tether before the flash so I lost nothing.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

Just a couple of things I've noticed after flashing:
1. You will need to go through settings into "speech" and download your native language, otherwise the voice recognition services will not work,
2. Deleted French keyboard. Found that tethering did not work. Thanks to members of this forum, found that downloading Spanish keyboard somehow activated tethering. Have since deleted Spanish keyboard, and tethering still works.
3. Storage Check says: Other Storage is 833 Mb. Windows Phone app on PC says: Other Storage is 4.3 Gb.
4. Powered off my phone today after I deleted the Spanish keyboard. After boot-up, I noticed that the French keyboard I previously deleted was back....Spanish was still gone.

Wondering if the deleted keyboards are also sent to the Other Storage section of the phone????

Anyway...just passing along my experiences.

AT&T 920

jcvciii

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Just finished flashing to my AT&T 920 and can confirm that I can now turn on internet sharing for free via the Spanish Keyboard workaround. Thanks for the post!

Jere Chikambure

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

what if i have nokia care suit 5 installed already and i know that my phone is rm 821. do i still need to download the other two folders?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

what if i have nokia care suit 5 installed already and i know that my phone is rm 821. do i still need to download the other two folders?

you need the rm-821, as it contains the amber rom. You might also need to flash rm-820 first if it doesn't let you flash directly to amber.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I have one curious question about something that comes up during the flashing/restore process. When I first flashed directly to the Rogers Rom (tried this a couple of times - was getting bored making up an exam), there was no option to restore your settings via the MS account even though I logged in with my outlook.com account. When I flashed with the DEV ROM, the restore option was there? Why the difference? Also, battery seems to have stabilized. Tried turning off NFC - no difference, but the drain rate has come down over the last 24 hours (with NFC back on). On other phones I have played with, you had to let the battery "settle in" after a re-install of the phone OS and it seems to be the same here - at least for my 920.

Last edited:

vemulasri

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: How/Why to Get Data Sense/FM radio/ on at&t L920 TODAY [French Amber/GDR2 ROM]

I have an unlocked 920 on T-Mobile and this does work. The only thing is that before flashing the phone did say LTE now it says 4G. Not sure if that matters really. I'm still getting an average of 14Mbps down. Also you have to go into settings then cellular and change don't roam to roam and change highest speed to 4G. It was set at 3G before. Data Sense works. I had to turn off data connection to sign into twitter on any app(not sure what that was about) But overall I'm very happy with this ROM and don't mind the tweaking to get things to work. The benefit for us tho is that we don't have to worry about the whole tethering thing. I wasn't able to tether before the flash so I lost nothing.

Hello do you have ATT unlocked 920 or any other version? I have a ATT 920 unlocked using on TMobile and wanted to make sure if everything worked fine for you?

edhunter69

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Bing vision chrashes on my phone, either through the search button an if i select it in camera. Anyone else with this Problem, on the france amber rom?

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site

I have an AT&T Lumia 920 and use it on AT&T GoPhone service. I was running Euro Dev GDR1 ROM on it for a good couple of months (ATT --> Preportico Rogers --> OTA Updates --> Euro Dev ROM GDR1).

Last weekend, Used your download links and upgraded from Euro DEV GDR1 ROM to this GDR2 ROM without any problems! Everything is working fine. To make new features like glance and call/sms blocking, an update to Nokia apps like 'extras+info' and 'display+touch' is needed.

To enable tethering on GoPhone, followed the following steps -
1. Download the update to Nokia Access Point app (Manually or wait for it to be pushed to you after the flash).
2. I always use the 'AT&T - LTE 2 - Lumia' profile in any ROM and that is the one I choose in 'access point'.
3. Only installed Spanish-Mexico keyboard. Others have installed Spanish-Spain keyboard and it will also do the same.
4. Internet sharing got enabled and available for use.

The steps I outlined for tethering worked for me on Euro Dev GRR1 ROM and they worked on this ROM as well. Loving the latest updates.

Looking forward to installing Nokia Pro Camera etc this week using the Fiddler method.

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

So, if I have ATT phone I dont need to flash it with rm-820 first, nor will I have to do OTA, right?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

So, if I have ATT phone I dont need to flash it with rm-820 first, nor will I have to do OTA, right?

If your phone is at&t branded (RM-820), follow ALL the steps. If your phone is not at&t branded (RM-821), you might be able to skip flashing the Rogers rom.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

August 15th update: Most L920s (except at&t) now have Amber available as an over the air update. Read the "Why" in the guide to see why you could still benefit from flashing this ROM.

dagrepont

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Hello do you have ATT unlocked 920 or any other version? I have a ATT 920 unlocked using on TMobile and wanted to make sure if everything worked fine for you?

Sorry should have specified. Yes it is an ATT unlocked.

ZkT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys! My 920 is from at&t and it's unlocked by code (currently in Claro-Guatemala) if i flash my phone with these files my phone will still remain unlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro