Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

Well I decided tonight to flash the Telstra Rom on my ATT 920 and see how the update process goes. Should be interesting. From what I can figure out, the bands match up quite well so it should work ok. I had a few Bluetooth issues with the Euro rom related to our vehicle hands-free systems - hopefully the Telstra software will rectify this.

ZkT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Well, screw this. I'm always getting this error everytime i plug in the phone:

Code:
DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8400AC35): DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .
   en FuseLib.DtlConnectionClass.ConnectToMedia()
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(FuseLoader fuseLoader, IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Any idea?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Code:
DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8400AC35): DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .
   en FuseLib.DtlConnectionClass.ConnectToMedia()
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(FuseLoader fuseLoader, IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryConnectionManager..ctor(IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
   en Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

Any idea?

open fuse in NCS to rectify the connection issue. Might need to install some drivers.

kostiraimo

May 16, 2013
Visit site

There seems to be more unreleased firmwares to download through NCS, so check if your correct firmware is up. I dl'd the Finnish Elisa variant, which isn't even approved yet.

pandhersaab27

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

i have a rogers lumia 920 . nd i flashed this rom. now i got rogers amber rom. so want to go back but im unable to install any other rogers rom...may be coz rogers are rm-820 and now i have flashed with rm-821
please help...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

i have a rogers lumia 920 . nd i flashed this rom. now i got rogers amber rom. so want to go back but im unable to install any other rogers rom...may be coz rogers are rm-820 and now i have flashed with rm-821
please help...

Where did you get Rogers GDR2 ROM?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your great effort. How about future OTA update after updating this rom?

you should get OTA updates when the French Lumia 920s get them, generally before at&t/rogers

Last edited:

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Code:
big error

Any idea?

Had the issue. It has something to do with the drivers. When you plug your phone, you can see it connected in nokia care suite and it automatically disappears;

Unfortunately for you, I did not really try to solve the issue and flashed my phone with another computer.

Jere Chikambure

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

i think i got it now. i was trying to hit start while plugging my phone in, but i had forgotten that i should only plug my phone ONLY AFTER SEEING THE NO CONNECTION thing appear on screen. its not that hard after all

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

What info do I loose?

you loose the list of apps, recent call history, all saved progress in games or apps, and any contacts/music/pictures/videos that aren't backed up elsewhere (SkyDrive, computer, etc.).

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

i'm stuck on step 5. Updating list shows nothing. Also, I'm using windows 7 on my PC so it's program/common files/nokia.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to flash ATT Lumia 920 with amber

I had a question. Suppose I used this procedure here to update my Lumia 920 to GDR2/Amber. Now my warranty is voided and like the OP mentions, no one has found a way to go back to the AT&T ROM. BUT What if I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail to go back to AT&T stuff? will that workout? thank you :) Also will the warranty "return"? As in will the Nokia Care guys ever be able to tell if I had used a different rom (even if I went back to AT&T ROM using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail?) Please tell me if i'm getting anything wrong here. thanks!

Last edited:

piaqt

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Installed it. Works a treat. Much joy. And AT&T logo? Na-na-na-na, hey hey, goodbye.
From my Lumia 920 via Board Express

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a question. Suppose I used this procedure here to update my Lumia 920 to GDR2/Amber. Now my warranty is voided and like the OP mentions, no one has found a way to go back to the AT&T ROM. BUT What if I used the Nokia Software Updater for Retail to go back to AT&T stuff? will that workout? thank you :) Also will the warranty "return"? As in will the Nokia Care guys ever be able to tell if I had used a different rom (even if I went back to AT&T ROM using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail?) Please tell me if i'm getting anything wrong here. thanks!

you can try it, but it might not work and you may get stuck on some other ROM. If you wanna try this, let us know if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre