Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

I used this guide to update my unlocked 920. I'm still scratching my head as to why I hadn't received an OTA. Thank you so much for this. It worked perfectly. ��

nauticalist

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying to updte my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 black to amber but stuck on the step 5. Product Support Tool does not allow me to click on programming as you see in the screenshot.
Can anybody help me on this? I'm using the files shared on the skydrive
2013-08-18 10_36_39-How to update any L920 to GDR2_Amber in 13 easy steps! - Page 16 - Windows P.png

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I flashed my phone using this finally after all the doubts. This is super legit. Love data sense and fm radio. And double tap to wake. Never using the the unlock key again 😊

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I flashed my phone using this finally after all the doubts. This is super legit. Love data sense and fm radio. And double tap to wake. Never using the the unlock key again 

Glad you were able to get it working. :)

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to updte my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 black to amber but stuck on the step 5. Product Support Tool does not allow me to click on programming as you see in the screenshot.
Can anybody help me on this? I'm using the files shared on the skydrive
View attachment 40503

I've been trying to duplicate those circumstances, but it always lets me click programming... Is your phone plugged in? Try reinstalling NCS or using another computer.

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so i have used amber for 3 days, faster, battery life seems to be improved, pro cam is awesome. I have not seen any issue until now I'm using an att unlocked in telcel carrier in Mexico. LTE is working as well the logo says 4g and tested speed with up to 20 Mb.

Double tap to wake is great.
Something I did not like is that restoring my backup takes forever and some,apps hunged up and had to cancel them but,this nothing to do with amber,but the quantity of apps I had.

Like the option to set the pro cam as default camera app.
I have not tried radio
Tethering works perfect.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so i have used amber for 3 days, faster, battery life seems to be improved, pro cam is awesome. I have not seen any issue until now I'm using an att unlocked in telcel carrier in Mexico. LTE is working as well the logo says 4g and tested speed with up to 20 Mb.

Double tap to wake is great.
Something I did not like is that restoring my backup takes forever and some,apps hunged up and had to cancel them but,this nothing to do with amber,but the quantity of apps I had.

Like the option to set the pro cam as default camera app.
I have not tried radio
Tethering works perfect.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express

so you don't have any issues? Great :)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

still haven't tried this. OTA on ATT-US will probably come over the next 1-2weeks is my guess. My question is: If I wait for the OTA, let the phone update, but then decide I want data sense and try whether I can get free tethering on my 3Gb plan, can I still go back and follow this guide to get the advantages of the FR rom?
I know, I should just take my chances now. Too old and cautious now....

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I have a few questions...

Will I still receive future OTA updates like GDR3 and so on or do I have to flash those?
Will I receive updates for my apps or do I have to always manually check myself?

I would LOVE to flash this phone and get rid of ATT, but those things worry me a lot.

As soon as someone can confirm, I will do this NOW!

Thanks

Last edited:

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

still haven't tried this. OTA on ATT-US will probably come over the next 1-2weeks is my guess. My question is: If I wait for the OTA, let the phone update, but then decide I want data sense and try whether I can get free tethering on my 3Gb plan, can I still go back and follow this guide to get the advantages of the FR rom?
I know, I should just take my chances now. Too old and cautious now....

yes, if you wait for the official amber OTA update on att, you should still be able to flash this ROM. I'm not a 100% sure though, because I haven't tried it due to obvious reasons. But I don't see why it wouldn't work.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I can't call through the wired headphones :/
I could do it before flashing this rom... Any ideas about this?

Khari Cowell

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

How do I know which update is OTA update after flashing to RM820. Is it just one update? Im concerned because you said it takes a loooooooong time, but it seems to be going by pretty fast.

EDIT: It is taking awhile..mainly the preparing to do things processes

EDIT 2: It's been at preparing to install 100% for about 8 mins so far...this expected?

Last edited:

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm kind of regretting the update to Euro Dev ROM to get GDR2. I work in IT and need tethering at times. Got the tethering to work for couple days by adding Spanish keyboard, but it's not working now. There is no way back to the AT&T stock ROM.

Jay Manalo

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the write up. I'm planning on doing this update. However, after carefully reading the instructions, I noticed that it doesn't specify when we can log into our microsoft live ID. The directions specifically say not to on this ROM. Does this mean that we don't even log into our live ID? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this.

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Ok, you see you update first to rom from Canada on this one do not LOGON, just turn on WiFi and go straight to update thought OTA after you do OTA update you have to load French rom and them after your phone is updated with French rom then you can add your Windows id whenever you want since the French rom(rm821) is the one with amber
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the write up. I'm planning on doing this update. However, after carefully reading the instructions, I noticed that it doesn't specify when we can log into our microsoft live ID. The directions specifically say not to on this ROM. Does this mean that we don't even log into our live ID? I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify this.
you may log in on the amber ROM, not the Rogers ROM :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of regretting the update to Euro Dev ROM to get GDR2. I work in IT and need tethering at times. Got the tethering to work for couple days by adding Spanish keyboard, but it's not working now. There is no way back to the AT&T stock ROM.

You can flash back to pre portico rogers and then flash back to att. Also if you wish to use internet sharing give the spanish keyboard another go but do not go back to access point after that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss