Easily Flash any Lumia 920 with full Amber/GDR2 features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to update any L920 to GDR2/Amber in 13 easy steps!

You can flash back to pre portico rogers and then flash back to att. Also if you wish to use internet sharing give the spanish keyboard another go but do not go back to access point after that

I don't think that's possible mate. Have you done it?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm kind of regretting the update to Euro Dev ROM to get GDR2. I work in IT and need tethering at times. Got the tethering to work for couple days by adding Spanish keyboard, but it's not working now. There is no way back to the AT&T stock ROM.

Sorry to hear that... alot of people have gotten tethering by using the French ROM, which is now on the SkyDrive folder. You might wanna try that?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't think that's possible mate. Have you done it?
i have a rogers 920 which is easy to swap roms with hence i haven't tried this but i have read a lot of people having success with it on xda devs.

aneurysm#WN

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

just got a brand new out of the box 920 here, carrier free .. so I wantto flash the french rom, since I don't wanna wait for OTA. I've followed all the steps, but at step 10, where you plug in .. hold vol down & power .. and then click retry .. nothing happens .. the phone just boots.
am I doing something wrong ? or do I really need to do steps 5 through 8 too, which I thought was only for at&t

tnx

EDIT: some extra stuff. I haven't inserted SIM card yet, is that needed ? wouldn't think so.
after the phone reboots I always weirdly get a new hour (was 9am the first go .. now 6). Error message recovery failed : invalid response from device, incorrect message id

EDIT2 : got a ! mark on the phone now .. but flash still won't start, goes back to the screen that connection is lost, do I keep hitting retry ?

EDIT3: it seems to be flashing now .. got the "is it ok" question on the pc, and now it says it's flashing .. ... yey

Last edited:

aneurysm#WN

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

seems to have worked .. was sitting down getting ready for a long flash, but since it was a new phone, it probably went faster .. was like 2min or so

aneurysm#WN

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Should I be worried that the phone doesn't seem to get recognized by my win 8 ? it's been at "installing device" for about 30min or so .. not really plug & play :)

jcvciii

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I have completed this process on my att Lumia 920. Been running a few days now. My only issue seems to be that I get terrible service or no service in places I used to have it. I have tried all three settings in the access point to no avail. Is anyone else having this issue?

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

So with this update with a L920 on T-Mobile, do you have the possibility of getting WiFi Calling?

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so actually one of the "issues" I have seen is that the strength of WIFI was decreased.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Should I be worried that the phone doesn't seem to get recognized by my win 8 ? it's been at "installing device" for about 30min or so .. not really plug & play :)
I have been doing flashing on my 920 on win8 and it has been working great. Try a different port or install nokia drivers from ncs directory and try again

aneurysm#WN

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

I have been doing flashing on my 920 on win8 and it has been working great. Try a different port or install nokia drivers from ncs directory and try again

tnx .. drivers did the trick. All running smooth now. Just all so new for me .. coming from android :)

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

BTW: I have an ATT Lumia 920 that I had been using on T-mobile.

Flashed to this ROM, and now MMS and Internet Tethering work at the same time...FYI

Last edited:

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I flash this ****, works like a charm, and now I have tethering in my country

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I meant to Say T-mobile. I corrected it in the original post. Data, MMS, and Internet Sharing works on T-mobile now.

whonnocker

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Hello ... Firstly, thank you for the rom guide .... just excellent ( hopefully, we will be able to continue to update this way for GDR3 and 8.1 etc ). Secondly, is there any way to remove the " French " from Nokia Music ? Thank you for expertise and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa